Finding CNA Training Classes
Use our website to find local schools that currently offer CNA training courses to meet your pre-license education requirements. We have scoured the yellow pages, state board of nursing websites, and schools to compile an extensive list of CNA training programs.
We also utilize a live software program that searches a wide database of campus schools and online colleges by geographic area and displays relevant results to our web visitors. The results are sorted by program type and state.
How to Become a CNA
Starting a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is one of the quickest pathways into a career in nursing and/or healthcare. With training courses as short as 3 weeks there is no other medical field certification that can be completed faster than the CNA designation. Although the CNA position might not be a final resting place, it provides an excellent springboard into the healthcare field. Working as a CNA can award the individual with great hands-on experience in a variety of medical scenarios. Working under the direct supervision of a doctor or nurse allows the CNA to get a peek into the professional duties of higher level healthcare providers. Many CNAs continue their education and later become a Registered Nurse (R.N.), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or physician.
Working as a CNA can prove to be an exciting and rewarding career position in itself as many CNAs enjoy the fast-paced work schedule and enjoy helping and interacting with a variety of different patients. There are many not-so-desirable aspects of being a CNA, which include cleaning up vomit, excrement, blood and urine (in some cases). CNAs can be called upon to perform a lot of duties within their position and must be ready, willing and able to perform the required work load.
CNA Training Programs
There are many training programs available for those seeking to become a CNA. The American Red Cross is the largest national provider of CNA training in the US and they offer courses in various cities throughout the country. The average course length is between 4-8 weeks and is taught using a combination of classroom lecture, book/DVD learning and hands-on experience taught by experienced and knowledgeable educators. The training curriculum includes Infection Control Methods, Communication Skills, Teamwork, Caregiving, Workplace Safety and Clinical Skills. Since providing care is at the core of the CNA job description most courses have a strong emphasis on caregiving techniques.
Students can attend any CNA training program as long as it is state approved and meets the minimum requirements set forth by The Nursing Home Reform Act (part of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987). Prospective students should choose a program carefully and base their decision on key factors such as exam pass rates, graduation rates, program tenure and quality of staff instructors.
CNA Certification Exam and State License
After completing an approved training program candidates will be eligible to take the State Competency Test also known as the CNA Certification Exam. The test is administered by PearsonVue and consists of a written and oral portion and a hands-on skills test. Upon successful completion the student will receive their CNA license in the mail shortly thereafter. Most states will require applicants to have a clean criminal background and pass a physical exam prior to issuing their license.
CNA Career Facts
There were over 1.5 million CNA employment positions in the U.S. in 2010. Between 2010-2020 CNA job growth is expected to rise about 20% adding approximately 300,000 new CNA job openings. This presents an excellent opportunity for newly licensed CNAs to enter the work force. Average pay rates for a CNA hover around $24,000 per year. CNAs are also referred to as Home Health Aides, Nursing Assistants and Nurse Aides. Most CNA positions will be found in hospitals, assisted living centers and rehabilitation care facilities.
Schools That Offer CNA Training Courses
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing: Nursing Education
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science - Nursing Education
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!