Training to Become a CNA in Alabama
Most certified nurse aide courses can be completely very quickly, with typical programs averaging between 3 weeks and 3 months.
The coursework is designed to prepare the student to 1) pass the state certification exam and 2) perform the job duties required of a nursing assistant.
Any course that is approved by the state of Alabama to provide pre-license education is a viable option for interested students. The CNA certification exam is broken into two parts, both of which must be passed successfully to obtain a license. The first part is a 70-question written multiple choice format. The second part requires the candidate to perform 5 hands-on CNA skills. Failure to perform any one of the five requested skills satisfactorily will result in an automatic failure for the entire exam. To prepare students should be ready to perform any skill they might be called upon to demonstrate.
CNAs working in Alabama will serve the needs of their patients and work under direct supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN). Typical places of employment for a nurse aide will include assisted living facilities, health clinics, public hospitals, VA hospitals, nursing homes, retirement centers and rehabilitation facilities. CNAs perform very routine tasks such as cleaning and caring for the patient, measuring vital signs and recording input and output of patients under their care.
The state of Alabama does not issue individual license numbers or certificates for CNAs, instead they use the individual’s social security number for identification and verification purposes. To maintain an active license to practice in Alabama the individual must work at least 8 hours every 24 months in a qualified medical facility for paid compensation. Volunteer work and work completed in private employment settings cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
CNA Training Classes in Alabama
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)