Training to Become a CNA in Alabama
Most certified nurse aide courses can be completely very quickly, with typical programs averaging between 3 weeks and 3 months.
The coursework is designed to prepare the student to 1) pass the state certification exam and 2) perform the job duties required of a nursing assistant.
Any course that is approved by the state of Alabama to provide pre-license education is a viable option for interested students. The CNA certification exam is broken into two parts, both of which must be passed successfully to obtain a license. The first part is a 70-question written multiple choice format. The second part requires the candidate to perform 5 hands-on CNA skills. Failure to perform any one of the five requested skills satisfactorily will result in an automatic failure for the entire exam. To prepare students should be ready to perform any skill they might be called upon to demonstrate.
CNAs working in Alabama will serve the needs of their patients and work under direct supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN). Typical places of employment for a nurse aide will include assisted living facilities, health clinics, public hospitals, VA hospitals, nursing homes, retirement centers and rehabilitation facilities. CNAs perform very routine tasks such as cleaning and caring for the patient, measuring vital signs and recording input and output of patients under their care.
The state of Alabama does not issue individual license numbers or certificates for CNAs, instead they use the individual’s social security number for identification and verification purposes. To maintain an active license to practice in Alabama the individual must work at least 8 hours every 24 months in a qualified medical facility for paid compensation. Volunteer work and work completed in private employment settings cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
CNA Training Classes in Alabama
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)