Training to Become a CNA in Alabama
Most certified nurse aide courses can be completely very quickly, with typical programs averaging between 3 weeks and 3 months.
The coursework is designed to prepare the student to 1) pass the state certification exam and 2) perform the job duties required of a nursing assistant.
Any course that is approved by the state of Alabama to provide pre-license education is a viable option for interested students. The CNA certification exam is broken into two parts, both of which must be passed successfully to obtain a license. The first part is a 70-question written multiple choice format. The second part requires the candidate to perform 5 hands-on CNA skills. Failure to perform any one of the five requested skills satisfactorily will result in an automatic failure for the entire exam. To prepare students should be ready to perform any skill they might be called upon to demonstrate.
CNAs working in Alabama will serve the needs of their patients and work under direct supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN). Typical places of employment for a nurse aide will include assisted living facilities, health clinics, public hospitals, VA hospitals, nursing homes, retirement centers and rehabilitation facilities. CNAs perform very routine tasks such as cleaning and caring for the patient, measuring vital signs and recording input and output of patients under their care.
The state of Alabama does not issue individual license numbers or certificates for CNAs, instead they use the individual’s social security number for identification and verification purposes. To maintain an active license to practice in Alabama the individual must work at least 8 hours every 24 months in a qualified medical facility for paid compensation. Volunteer work and work completed in private employment settings cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
CNA Training Classes in Alabama
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- Physical Therapy Aide
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator