How to Become a CNA in Arizona
Training for the CNA certification exam in Arizona can be completed in 3-6 weeks. Before registering to challenge the exam, students should make sure they possess the core competencies required of a CNA. Since the exam will include a skills test portion, the student should attend an in-person training course where they can see the skills demonstrated by an instructor and then get hands-on practice trying them on their own.
The importance of providing high quality care is paramount and essential to the success of any healthcare provider. With a solid foundation of knowledge and strong practical skills the student will be prepared for a successful career as a Nurse Assistant. Programs are widely available and should be chosen carefully. Take time to research each programs core curriculum, accreditation status with the Arizona State Board of Nursing and graduates pass rates and success rates with landing jobs in the field.
With over half a million veterans residing in Arizona and approximately 15% of the population being over the age of 65, Arizona is poised for an increased demand for healthcare providers. These facts provide strong encouragement for individuals to pursue a career in nursing, since the job market appears to be very strong and headed in the right direction. Elderly individuals consume the vast majority of healthcare services and places with high concentrations of elderly persons are likely to provide the best employment opportunities for qualified licensed providers.
The basic CNA skills that you will learn in your education program include the following; handwashing (yes, this is VERY important and must be learned and practiced properly), dressing and un-dressing patients, ambulating, assisting with care of bedpans, examining patients range of motion, accurate measuring and recording of patient vital signs.
CNA Training Classes in Arizona
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education