How to Become a CNA in Arizona
Training for the CNA certification exam in Arizona can be completed in 3-6 weeks. Before registering to challenge the exam, students should make sure they possess the core competencies required of a CNA. Since the exam will include a skills test portion, the student should attend an in-person training course where they can see the skills demonstrated by an instructor and then get hands-on practice trying them on their own.
The importance of providing high quality care is paramount and essential to the success of any healthcare provider. With a solid foundation of knowledge and strong practical skills the student will be prepared for a successful career as a Nurse Assistant. Programs are widely available and should be chosen carefully. Take time to research each programs core curriculum, accreditation status with the Arizona State Board of Nursing and graduates pass rates and success rates with landing jobs in the field.
With over half a million veterans residing in Arizona and approximately 15% of the population being over the age of 65, Arizona is poised for an increased demand for healthcare providers. These facts provide strong encouragement for individuals to pursue a career in nursing, since the job market appears to be very strong and headed in the right direction. Elderly individuals consume the vast majority of healthcare services and places with high concentrations of elderly persons are likely to provide the best employment opportunities for qualified licensed providers.
The basic CNA skills that you will learn in your education program include the following; handwashing (yes, this is VERY important and must be learned and practiced properly), dressing and un-dressing patients, ambulating, assisting with care of bedpans, examining patients range of motion, accurate measuring and recording of patient vital signs.
CNA Training Classes in Arizona
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
Welcome to Brookline College!
For over 40 years, Brookline College has been preparing students for rewarding careers in health care and nursing. At Brookline College we help you earn your degree, learn specialized skills, and get a jump start on your career.
- Associate of Science - Allied Health
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!