How to Become a CNA in Arizona
Training for the CNA certification exam in Arizona can be completed in 3-6 weeks. Before registering to challenge the exam, students should make sure they possess the core competencies required of a CNA. Since the exam will include a skills test portion, the student should attend an in-person training course where they can see the skills demonstrated by an instructor and then get hands-on practice trying them on their own.
The importance of providing high quality care is paramount and essential to the success of any healthcare provider. With a solid foundation of knowledge and strong practical skills the student will be prepared for a successful career as a Nurse Assistant. Programs are widely available and should be chosen carefully. Take time to research each programs core curriculum, accreditation status with the Arizona State Board of Nursing and graduates pass rates and success rates with landing jobs in the field.
With over half a million veterans residing in Arizona and approximately 15% of the population being over the age of 65, Arizona is poised for an increased demand for healthcare providers. These facts provide strong encouragement for individuals to pursue a career in nursing, since the job market appears to be very strong and headed in the right direction. Elderly individuals consume the vast majority of healthcare services and places with high concentrations of elderly persons are likely to provide the best employment opportunities for qualified licensed providers.
The basic CNA skills that you will learn in your education program include the following; handwashing (yes, this is VERY important and must be learned and practiced properly), dressing and un-dressing patients, ambulating, assisting with care of bedpans, examining patients range of motion, accurate measuring and recording of patient vital signs.
CNA Training Classes in Arizona
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Nursing- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - BSN Track - Nurse Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - RN Track - Nurse Informatics