How to Become a CNA in Colorado
With a booming economy entering its second year of strong growth in the employment sector, Colorado makes a great place for someone to start a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). With very short training programs, the CNA position is one of the easiest certifications to obtain in the healthcare field. CNA education in Colorado can be completed in as little as 2-4 weeks.
After completing a state approved education program the applicant will need to pass the Colorado CNA certification exam before they can begin working as a CNA. The exam for CNA certification in Colorado consists of two parts: a written multiple choice section and a hands-on skills assessment. Both sections must be completed satisfactorily to earn a passing grade. The next step will be to register your name on the Colorado state Nurse Aide Registry list to show employers that you are licensed to practice.
Looking for jobs as a CNA in Colorado should afford the newly licensed nurse aide with a variety of employment options, including working in a hospital, assisted living facility, health clinic, rehabilitation center or retirement community. Much of the demand for healthcare services is driven by the elderly population, since they consume the majority of our nation’s healthcare services. Colorado’s elderly population is just below 12% which provides a manageable number of potential patients to care for.
With Colorado recently joining the list of U.S. states to legalize medical marijuana, Colorado has quickly become a hot spot for new medical centers and many related healthcare services companies and organizations have sprouted up. This presents many potential employment opportunities for those licensed to practice in the medical field. Starting off as a CNA can also lead to bigger and better career positions down the road, such as becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). The average pay increase one might expect when transitioning from a CNA to an RN in Colorado is about 123%, or more than double what they were earning before. Starting as a CNA provides a solid foundation of medical knowledge and experience working in a hospital setting.
CNA Training Classes in Colorado
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor's
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education