How to Become a CNA in Colorado
With a booming economy entering its second year of strong growth in the employment sector, Colorado makes a great place for someone to start a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). With very short training programs, the CNA position is one of the easiest certifications to obtain in the healthcare field. CNA education in Colorado can be completed in as little as 2-4 weeks.
After completing a state approved education program the applicant will need to pass the Colorado CNA certification exam before they can begin working as a CNA. The exam for CNA certification in Colorado consists of two parts: a written multiple choice section and a hands-on skills assessment. Both sections must be completed satisfactorily to earn a passing grade. The next step will be to register your name on the Colorado state Nurse Aide Registry list to show employers that you are licensed to practice.
Looking for jobs as a CNA in Colorado should afford the newly licensed nurse aide with a variety of employment options, including working in a hospital, assisted living facility, health clinic, rehabilitation center or retirement community. Much of the demand for healthcare services is driven by the elderly population, since they consume the majority of our nation’s healthcare services. Colorado’s elderly population is just below 12% which provides a manageable number of potential patients to care for.
With Colorado recently joining the list of U.S. states to legalize medical marijuana, Colorado has quickly become a hot spot for new medical centers and many related healthcare services companies and organizations have sprouted up. This presents many potential employment opportunities for those licensed to practice in the medical field. Starting off as a CNA can also lead to bigger and better career positions down the road, such as becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). The average pay increase one might expect when transitioning from a CNA to an RN in Colorado is about 123%, or more than double what they were earning before. Starting as a CNA provides a solid foundation of medical knowledge and experience working in a hospital setting.
CNA Training Classes in Colorado
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Nursing Assistant (Pueblo)
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)