How to Become a CNA in Colorado
With a booming economy entering its second year of strong growth in the employment sector, Colorado makes a great place for someone to start a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). With very short training programs, the CNA position is one of the easiest certifications to obtain in the healthcare field. CNA education in Colorado can be completed in as little as 2-4 weeks.
After completing a state approved education program the applicant will need to pass the Colorado CNA certification exam before they can begin working as a CNA. The exam for CNA certification in Colorado consists of two parts: a written multiple choice section and a hands-on skills assessment. Both sections must be completed satisfactorily to earn a passing grade. The next step will be to register your name on the Colorado state Nurse Aide Registry list to show employers that you are licensed to practice.
Looking for jobs as a CNA in Colorado should afford the newly licensed nurse aide with a variety of employment options, including working in a hospital, assisted living facility, health clinic, rehabilitation center or retirement community. Much of the demand for healthcare services is driven by the elderly population, since they consume the majority of our nation’s healthcare services. Colorado’s elderly population is just below 12% which provides a manageable number of potential patients to care for.
With Colorado recently joining the list of U.S. states to legalize medical marijuana, Colorado has quickly become a hot spot for new medical centers and many related healthcare services companies and organizations have sprouted up. This presents many potential employment opportunities for those licensed to practice in the medical field. Starting off as a CNA can also lead to bigger and better career positions down the road, such as becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). The average pay increase one might expect when transitioning from a CNA to an RN in Colorado is about 123%, or more than double what they were earning before. Starting as a CNA provides a solid foundation of medical knowledge and experience working in a hospital setting.
CNA Training Classes in Colorado
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
Train for careers that are in-demand and where your success is the number one priority. IBMC College’s small class sizes, caring staff and experienced instructors will provide you with an extra level of support and personalized attention.
At locally owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding career in as little as 6 to 19 months. With 3 northern Colorado campuses to choose from and a variety of diploma and degree program options, you’ll find the path that is the right fit for you.
- Clinical Medical Assisting Diploma
- Dental Assisting Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!