How to Become a CNA in Colorado
With a booming economy entering its second year of strong growth in the employment sector, Colorado makes a great place for someone to start a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). With very short training programs, the CNA position is one of the easiest certifications to obtain in the healthcare field. CNA education in Colorado can be completed in as little as 2-4 weeks.
After completing a state approved education program the applicant will need to pass the Colorado CNA certification exam before they can begin working as a CNA. The exam for CNA certification in Colorado consists of two parts: a written multiple choice section and a hands-on skills assessment. Both sections must be completed satisfactorily to earn a passing grade. The next step will be to register your name on the Colorado state Nurse Aide Registry list to show employers that you are licensed to practice.
Looking for jobs as a CNA in Colorado should afford the newly licensed nurse aide with a variety of employment options, including working in a hospital, assisted living facility, health clinic, rehabilitation center or retirement community. Much of the demand for healthcare services is driven by the elderly population, since they consume the majority of our nation’s healthcare services. Colorado’s elderly population is just below 12% which provides a manageable number of potential patients to care for.
With Colorado recently joining the list of U.S. states to legalize medical marijuana, Colorado has quickly become a hot spot for new medical centers and many related healthcare services companies and organizations have sprouted up. This presents many potential employment opportunities for those licensed to practice in the medical field. Starting off as a CNA can also lead to bigger and better career positions down the road, such as becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). The average pay increase one might expect when transitioning from a CNA to an RN in Colorado is about 123%, or more than double what they were earning before. Starting as a CNA provides a solid foundation of medical knowledge and experience working in a hospital setting.
CNA Training Classes in Colorado
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)