How to Become a CNA in Colorado
With a booming economy entering its second year of strong growth in the employment sector, Colorado makes a great place for someone to start a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). With very short training programs, the CNA position is one of the easiest certifications to obtain in the healthcare field. CNA education in Colorado can be completed in as little as 2-4 weeks.
After completing a state approved education program the applicant will need to pass the Colorado CNA certification exam before they can begin working as a CNA. The exam for CNA certification in Colorado consists of two parts: a written multiple choice section and a hands-on skills assessment. Both sections must be completed satisfactorily to earn a passing grade. The next step will be to register your name on the Colorado state Nurse Aide Registry list to show employers that you are licensed to practice.
Looking for jobs as a CNA in Colorado should afford the newly licensed nurse aide with a variety of employment options, including working in a hospital, assisted living facility, health clinic, rehabilitation center or retirement community. Much of the demand for healthcare services is driven by the elderly population, since they consume the majority of our nation’s healthcare services. Colorado’s elderly population is just below 12% which provides a manageable number of potential patients to care for.
With Colorado recently joining the list of U.S. states to legalize medical marijuana, Colorado has quickly become a hot spot for new medical centers and many related healthcare services companies and organizations have sprouted up. This presents many potential employment opportunities for those licensed to practice in the medical field. Starting off as a CNA can also lead to bigger and better career positions down the road, such as becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). The average pay increase one might expect when transitioning from a CNA to an RN in Colorado is about 123%, or more than double what they were earning before. Starting as a CNA provides a solid foundation of medical knowledge and experience working in a hospital setting.
CNA Training Classes in Colorado
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Nursing Assistant (Pueblo)
- Dental Assistant
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education