How to Become a CNA in Connecticut
Many institutions are currently offering CNA training programs throughout Connecticut (CT) and completion times can be as fast as 30 days. This is one of the hottest job opportunities in the healthcare field, with some of the easiest initial requirements to become licensed.
Most education programs cost under $1,000 including books and tuition. Some programs offer need-based financial aid to qualified students. Nurse assisting is a vital role within many healthcare environments. Due to state mandated nurse-patient ratios, high costs of paying RN salaries and high demand for healthcare services there is a solid demand for CNAs in the workforce, which is predicted to continue to grow.
Many people use the CNA position as a stepping stone to get their foot in the door in the healthcare industry. Once established and a little more experienced many nurse aides return to school at night or on the weekends to complete an LPN program or RN degree program. This positions offer higher average salaries and more job responsibilities. Typical salary for a CNA in Connecticut is around $43,000 per year according to information published on indeed.com on April 28, 2014. This is more than a living wage as-is and can be increased based upon work experience.
Typical coursework to be expected during a CNA education program will include approximately 3/4 classroom learning and 1/4 hands-on practical skills training. This is designed to prepare students for the Connecticut state certification exam which will be comprised of two segments: written multiple choice questions and a separate skills assessment. Students must pass both sections to gain their CNA license. Failing either one part of the exam will cause the student to automatically fail. Current exam registration fees in Connecticut are $110.
CNA Training Classes in Connecticut
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing (Practical)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)