How to Become a CNA in Connecticut
Many institutions are currently offering CNA training programs throughout Connecticut (CT) and completion times can be as fast as 30 days. This is one of the hottest job opportunities in the healthcare field, with some of the easiest initial requirements to become licensed.
Most education programs cost under $1,000 including books and tuition. Some programs offer need-based financial aid to qualified students. Nurse assisting is a vital role within many healthcare environments. Due to state mandated nurse-patient ratios, high costs of paying RN salaries and high demand for healthcare services there is a solid demand for CNAs in the workforce, which is predicted to continue to grow.
Many people use the CNA position as a stepping stone to get their foot in the door in the healthcare industry. Once established and a little more experienced many nurse aides return to school at night or on the weekends to complete an LPN program or RN degree program. This positions offer higher average salaries and more job responsibilities. Typical salary for a CNA in Connecticut is around $43,000 per year according to information published on indeed.com on April 28, 2014. This is more than a living wage as-is and can be increased based upon work experience.
Typical coursework to be expected during a CNA education program will include approximately 3/4 classroom learning and 1/4 hands-on practical skills training. This is designed to prepare students for the Connecticut state certification exam which will be comprised of two segments: written multiple choice questions and a separate skills assessment. Students must pass both sections to gain their CNA license. Failing either one part of the exam will cause the student to automatically fail. Current exam registration fees in Connecticut are $110.
CNA Training Classes in Connecticut
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!