How to Become a CNA in Delaware
There are a few simple steps to become a CNA in Delaware, starting with a fingerprint ID and criminal background check. Felony offenses and certain misdemeanors are cause for automatic disqualification. The next step is to locate and select a CNA education program to prepare the student for the CNA certification exam in Delaware. The training program must be state approved and meet certain minimum guidelines, and most importantly it must prepare the student for working as a CNA.
Current list of approved courses in Delaware can be found below. Typical coursework should include a combination of classroom learning and hands-on practice. The exam will include both aspects, so it is important for the student to receive sufficient training in both areas.
Although Delaware is a relatively small state, its elderly population is above the U.S. average. At over 15% the elderly residents of Delaware account for a large portion of its total citizens. Since elderly individuals consume the vast majority of healthcare services, this bodes well for those considering a career in healthcare. There is a strong likelihood of strong current and future job demand for CNAs in Delaware.
The CNA position is highly versatile and can be very demanding at times. The CNA will be called upon to perform routine patient maintenance, including assistance with bathing, feeding, output, ambulating and measuring vital signs. The information recorded by the nursing assistant will be used by the supervising doctor and nurse to make key decisions regarding the treatment plan for each individual patient. Therefore, a successful CNA must be able to multitask, perform basic mathematical calculations, and have excellent attention to detail.
CNA certification in Delaware must be renewed every 24 months. Employers and the general public can review a licensee’s current status by visiting the Delaware Nurse Aide Registry list and checking by first and last name. Just like any other type of professional, CNAs are regulated by the state in which they are licensed to practice in.
CNA Training Classes in Delaware
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!