How to Become a CNA in Delaware
There are a few simple steps to become a CNA in Delaware, starting with a fingerprint ID and criminal background check. Felony offenses and certain misdemeanors are cause for automatic disqualification. The next step is to locate and select a CNA education program to prepare the student for the CNA certification exam in Delaware. The training program must be state approved and meet certain minimum guidelines, and most importantly it must prepare the student for working as a CNA.
Current list of approved courses in Delaware can be found below. Typical coursework should include a combination of classroom learning and hands-on practice. The exam will include both aspects, so it is important for the student to receive sufficient training in both areas.
Although Delaware is a relatively small state, its elderly population is above the U.S. average. At over 15% the elderly residents of Delaware account for a large portion of its total citizens. Since elderly individuals consume the vast majority of healthcare services, this bodes well for those considering a career in healthcare. There is a strong likelihood of strong current and future job demand for CNAs in Delaware.
The CNA position is highly versatile and can be very demanding at times. The CNA will be called upon to perform routine patient maintenance, including assistance with bathing, feeding, output, ambulating and measuring vital signs. The information recorded by the nursing assistant will be used by the supervising doctor and nurse to make key decisions regarding the treatment plan for each individual patient. Therefore, a successful CNA must be able to multitask, perform basic mathematical calculations, and have excellent attention to detail.
CNA certification in Delaware must be renewed every 24 months. Employers and the general public can review a licensee’s current status by visiting the Delaware Nurse Aide Registry list and checking by first and last name. Just like any other type of professional, CNAs are regulated by the state in which they are licensed to practice in.
CNA Training Classes in Delaware
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology: Non-Licensure Track
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)