How to Become a CNA in Delaware
There are a few simple steps to become a CNA in Delaware, starting with a fingerprint ID and criminal background check. Felony offenses and certain misdemeanors are cause for automatic disqualification. The next step is to locate and select a CNA education program to prepare the student for the CNA certification exam in Delaware. The training program must be state approved and meet certain minimum guidelines, and most importantly it must prepare the student for working as a CNA.
Current list of approved courses in Delaware can be found below. Typical coursework should include a combination of classroom learning and hands-on practice. The exam will include both aspects, so it is important for the student to receive sufficient training in both areas.
Although Delaware is a relatively small state, its elderly population is above the U.S. average. At over 15% the elderly residents of Delaware account for a large portion of its total citizens. Since elderly individuals consume the vast majority of healthcare services, this bodes well for those considering a career in healthcare. There is a strong likelihood of strong current and future job demand for CNAs in Delaware.
The CNA position is highly versatile and can be very demanding at times. The CNA will be called upon to perform routine patient maintenance, including assistance with bathing, feeding, output, ambulating and measuring vital signs. The information recorded by the nursing assistant will be used by the supervising doctor and nurse to make key decisions regarding the treatment plan for each individual patient. Therefore, a successful CNA must be able to multitask, perform basic mathematical calculations, and have excellent attention to detail.
CNA certification in Delaware must be renewed every 24 months. Employers and the general public can review a licensee’s current status by visiting the Delaware Nurse Aide Registry list and checking by first and last name. Just like any other type of professional, CNAs are regulated by the state in which they are licensed to practice in.
CNA Training Classes in Delaware
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner