How to Become a CNA in Delaware
There are a few simple steps to become a CNA in Delaware, starting with a fingerprint ID and criminal background check. Felony offenses and certain misdemeanors are cause for automatic disqualification. The next step is to locate and select a CNA education program to prepare the student for the CNA certification exam in Delaware. The training program must be state approved and meet certain minimum guidelines, and most importantly it must prepare the student for working as a CNA.
Current list of approved courses in Delaware can be found below. Typical coursework should include a combination of classroom learning and hands-on practice. The exam will include both aspects, so it is important for the student to receive sufficient training in both areas.
Although Delaware is a relatively small state, its elderly population is above the U.S. average. At over 15% the elderly residents of Delaware account for a large portion of its total citizens. Since elderly individuals consume the vast majority of healthcare services, this bodes well for those considering a career in healthcare. There is a strong likelihood of strong current and future job demand for CNAs in Delaware.
The CNA position is highly versatile and can be very demanding at times. The CNA will be called upon to perform routine patient maintenance, including assistance with bathing, feeding, output, ambulating and measuring vital signs. The information recorded by the nursing assistant will be used by the supervising doctor and nurse to make key decisions regarding the treatment plan for each individual patient. Therefore, a successful CNA must be able to multitask, perform basic mathematical calculations, and have excellent attention to detail.
CNA certification in Delaware must be renewed every 24 months. Employers and the general public can review a licensee’s current status by visiting the Delaware Nurse Aide Registry list and checking by first and last name. Just like any other type of professional, CNAs are regulated by the state in which they are licensed to practice in.
CNA Training Classes in Delaware
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)