How to Become a CNA in Georgia
The Peach state presents an excellent opportunity for those interested in starting a career in nursing! The CNA certification is the quickest entryway into the nursing profession and can be completed in 4-6 weeks. The first step is to source a few different education programs and select the best one for you.
The second step after enrolling and completing the training course will be to register to take the CNA certification exam in Georgia. You might be able to transfer your license to another state down the road by applying for reciprocity, but at first you will want to become licensed in the state where you intend to work as a CNA.
The learning curriculum in most CNA training programs includes a combination of classroom lecture-style learning along with hands-on clinical skills practice. A good course should be taught by an experienced instructor who has worked as a CNA and has a mastery of the basic skills required to fulfill the job. The test will contain both portions as well, hands-on and written multiple choice, so training programs should include practice learning both ways to best prepare their students.
The basic skills required of a CNA include hand washing, ambulating, transferring patients from bed to wheelchair and vice versa, using a gait belt, assisting patients with passive range of motion exercises, providing mouth care to patients with teeth and dentures, providing foot care, hand and nail care, etc. There are certain prescribed methods of performing each of these tasks and the CNA student must learn to perform each function satisfactorily to gain their license.
Once ready to work as a CNA in Georgia, there are many different employment opportunities that can be found online. Most nurse aides will find work in a medical center, health clinic, hospital or assisted living facility. Sometimes private doctors offices employ 1-2 nurse aides to help with their patient load.
CNA Training Classes in Georgia
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education