How to Become a CNA in Georgia
The Peach state presents an excellent opportunity for those interested in starting a career in nursing! The CNA certification is the quickest entryway into the nursing profession and can be completed in 4-6 weeks. The first step is to source a few different education programs and select the best one for you.
The second step after enrolling and completing the training course will be to register to take the CNA certification exam in Georgia. You might be able to transfer your license to another state down the road by applying for reciprocity, but at first you will want to become licensed in the state where you intend to work as a CNA.
The learning curriculum in most CNA training programs includes a combination of classroom lecture-style learning along with hands-on clinical skills practice. A good course should be taught by an experienced instructor who has worked as a CNA and has a mastery of the basic skills required to fulfill the job. The test will contain both portions as well, hands-on and written multiple choice, so training programs should include practice learning both ways to best prepare their students.
The basic skills required of a CNA include hand washing, ambulating, transferring patients from bed to wheelchair and vice versa, using a gait belt, assisting patients with passive range of motion exercises, providing mouth care to patients with teeth and dentures, providing foot care, hand and nail care, etc. There are certain prescribed methods of performing each of these tasks and the CNA student must learn to perform each function satisfactorily to gain their license.
Once ready to work as a CNA in Georgia, there are many different employment opportunities that can be found online. Most nurse aides will find work in a medical center, health clinic, hospital or assisted living facility. Sometimes private doctors offices employ 1-2 nurse aides to help with their patient load.
CNA Training Classes in Georgia
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education