How to Become a CNA in Georgia
The Peach state presents an excellent opportunity for those interested in starting a career in nursing! The CNA certification is the quickest entryway into the nursing profession and can be completed in 4-6 weeks. The first step is to source a few different education programs and select the best one for you.
The second step after enrolling and completing the training course will be to register to take the CNA certification exam in Georgia. You might be able to transfer your license to another state down the road by applying for reciprocity, but at first you will want to become licensed in the state where you intend to work as a CNA.
The learning curriculum in most CNA training programs includes a combination of classroom lecture-style learning along with hands-on clinical skills practice. A good course should be taught by an experienced instructor who has worked as a CNA and has a mastery of the basic skills required to fulfill the job. The test will contain both portions as well, hands-on and written multiple choice, so training programs should include practice learning both ways to best prepare their students.
The basic skills required of a CNA include hand washing, ambulating, transferring patients from bed to wheelchair and vice versa, using a gait belt, assisting patients with passive range of motion exercises, providing mouth care to patients with teeth and dentures, providing foot care, hand and nail care, etc. There are certain prescribed methods of performing each of these tasks and the CNA student must learn to perform each function satisfactorily to gain their license.
Once ready to work as a CNA in Georgia, there are many different employment opportunities that can be found online. Most nurse aides will find work in a medical center, health clinic, hospital or assisted living facility. Sometimes private doctors offices employ 1-2 nurse aides to help with their patient load.
CNA Training Classes in Georgia
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate