How to Become a CNA in Georgia
The Peach state presents an excellent opportunity for those interested in starting a career in nursing! The CNA certification is the quickest entryway into the nursing profession and can be completed in 4-6 weeks. The first step is to source a few different education programs and select the best one for you.
The second step after enrolling and completing the training course will be to register to take the CNA certification exam in Georgia. You might be able to transfer your license to another state down the road by applying for reciprocity, but at first you will want to become licensed in the state where you intend to work as a CNA.
The learning curriculum in most CNA training programs includes a combination of classroom lecture-style learning along with hands-on clinical skills practice. A good course should be taught by an experienced instructor who has worked as a CNA and has a mastery of the basic skills required to fulfill the job. The test will contain both portions as well, hands-on and written multiple choice, so training programs should include practice learning both ways to best prepare their students.
The basic skills required of a CNA include hand washing, ambulating, transferring patients from bed to wheelchair and vice versa, using a gait belt, assisting patients with passive range of motion exercises, providing mouth care to patients with teeth and dentures, providing foot care, hand and nail care, etc. There are certain prescribed methods of performing each of these tasks and the CNA student must learn to perform each function satisfactorily to gain their license.
Once ready to work as a CNA in Georgia, there are many different employment opportunities that can be found online. Most nurse aides will find work in a medical center, health clinic, hospital or assisted living facility. Sometimes private doctors offices employ 1-2 nurse aides to help with their patient load.
CNA Training Classes in Georgia
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assisting