How to Become a CNA in Hawaii
Why should you consider a CNA career in Hawaii? The average CNA salary in Hawaii is $27,000 according to indeed.com and those with more work experience can earn higher wages. Most healthcare providers are eligible for nice benefits packages due to the industry they work in. The education prerequisite is a high school diploma or GED. The training program is only 3-6 weeks long.
Many people enjoy their jobs as nurse aides because they get paid to help those in need. They provide care, comfort, support for patients suffering from disease, illness and various injuries. Working under direct supervision of a doctor or registered nurse gives the CNA unique exposure to professional healthcare providers and allows them to learn from them.
If a CNA career is not your end goal you can always move up and become an LPN or Registered Nurse by taking additional classes and passing the required exam. If you are seeking flexibility in your work schedule you might be able to find per-diem basis jobs for nurse aides, where you work by the day and are paid accordingly. This type of flexibility can be advantageous for single parents, business owners or semi-retired folks.
Hawaii presents a unique opportunity for those who want to participate in a unique healthcare system that is currently thriving and is predicted to continue growing in the right direction. Recently noted in LA Times for its strong healthcare system, Hawaii is an ideal environment for CNA training and employment. Courses are available throughout the state on all of the different islands. There are schools that offer online CNA training in Hawaii as well.
CNA Training Classes in Hawaii
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- BA in Health Education
- BA in Health and Wellness
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)