How to Become a CNA in Hawaii
Why should you consider a CNA career in Hawaii? The average CNA salary in Hawaii is $27,000 according to indeed.com and those with more work experience can earn higher wages. Most healthcare providers are eligible for nice benefits packages due to the industry they work in. The education prerequisite is a high school diploma or GED. The training program is only 3-6 weeks long.
Many people enjoy their jobs as nurse aides because they get paid to help those in need. They provide care, comfort, support for patients suffering from disease, illness and various injuries. Working under direct supervision of a doctor or registered nurse gives the CNA unique exposure to professional healthcare providers and allows them to learn from them.
If a CNA career is not your end goal you can always move up and become an LPN or Registered Nurse by taking additional classes and passing the required exam. If you are seeking flexibility in your work schedule you might be able to find per-diem basis jobs for nurse aides, where you work by the day and are paid accordingly. This type of flexibility can be advantageous for single parents, business owners or semi-retired folks.
Hawaii presents a unique opportunity for those who want to participate in a unique healthcare system that is currently thriving and is predicted to continue growing in the right direction. Recently noted in LA Times for its strong healthcare system, Hawaii is an ideal environment for CNA training and employment. Courses are available throughout the state on all of the different islands. There are schools that offer online CNA training in Hawaii as well.
CNA Training Classes in Hawaii
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...