How to Become a CNA in Idaho
Begin your path to becoming a nurse aide in Idaho by gathering a list of state approved CNA education and training courses in your local area. Do some research online and in-person to find out each school’s reputation, teaching staff and success of recent graduates of their CNA program. Look for things like graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how fast recent graduates are securing CNA jobs.
After selecting the school that suits you best you will begin coursework and hands-on clinical skills training. Both aspects are very important as the certification exam will include a written multiple choice section AND a hands-on skills assessment. Both must be completed successfully to pass the test.
Some of the basic requirements for becoming a CNA in Idaho include: being at least 18 years of age, having a clean criminal background, possessing a high school diploma or equivalent degree. Once those items have been satisfied, education completed and exam passed the individual will be eligible to add their name to the Idaho Nurse Aide Registry list and begin seeking employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Average CNA salary in Idaho is around $30,000 per year which provides a comfortable beginning wage for most people. Opportunities for career advancement in the same field include becoming an LPN or RN. CNA classes can be found at community colleges, private training institutions, American Red Cross, or online colleges and universities. After becoming licensed the next step is to craft a well-suited resume and begin applying for CNA job openings in Idaho cities.
CNA Training Classes in Idaho
- Purdue University Global
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels.
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- Accelerated BSN to MSN
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
State Approved CNA Programs in Idaho
College of Western Idaho
5500 E. Opportunity Dr.
Nampa, ID 83687
Phone: (208) 562-3000
College of Southern Idaho
315 Falls Avenue
PO Box 1238
Twin Falls, ID 83303
Phone: (208) 732-6701
Eastern Idaho Technical College
1600 S 25th East
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone: (208) 524-3000
Idaho State University CNA Program
921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83209
Phone: (208) 282-3372
Lewis-Clark State College CNA Program
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone: (208) 792-2059
North Idaho College
Workforce Training Center
525 W Clearwater Loop
Post Falls, ID 83854
Phone: (208) 769-3333
Stevens-Henager – Boise Campus
1444 South Entertainment Avenue
Boise, ID 83709
Phone: (208) 383-4540