How to Become a CNA in Idaho
Begin your path to becoming a nurse aide in Idaho by gathering a list of state approved CNA education and training courses in your local area. Do some research online and in-person to find out each school’s reputation, teaching staff and success of recent graduates of their CNA program. Look for things like graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how fast recent graduates are securing CNA jobs.
After selecting the school that suits you best you will begin coursework and hands-on clinical skills training. Both aspects are very important as the certification exam will include a written multiple choice section AND a hands-on skills assessment. Both must be completed successfully to pass the test.
Some of the basic requirements for becoming a CNA in Idaho include: being at least 18 years of age, having a clean criminal background, possessing a high school diploma or equivalent degree. Once those items have been satisfied, education completed and exam passed the individual will be eligible to add their name to the Idaho Nurse Aide Registry list and begin seeking employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Average CNA salary in Idaho is around $30,000 per year which provides a comfortable beginning wage for most people. Opportunities for career advancement in the same field include becoming an LPN or RN. CNA classes can be found at community colleges, private training institutions, American Red Cross, or online colleges and universities. After becoming licensed the next step is to craft a well-suited resume and begin applying for CNA job openings in Idaho cities.
CNA Training Classes in Idaho
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
State Approved CNA Programs in Idaho
College of Western Idaho
5500 E. Opportunity Dr.
Nampa, ID 83687
Phone: (208) 562-3000
College of Southern Idaho
315 Falls Avenue
PO Box 1238
Twin Falls, ID 83303
Phone: (208) 732-6701
Eastern Idaho Technical College
1600 S 25th East
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone: (208) 524-3000
Idaho State University CNA Program
921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83209
Phone: (208) 282-3372
Lewis-Clark State College CNA Program
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone: (208) 792-2059
North Idaho College
Workforce Training Center
525 W Clearwater Loop
Post Falls, ID 83854
Phone: (208) 769-3333
Stevens-Henager – Boise Campus
1444 South Entertainment Avenue
Boise, ID 83709
Phone: (208) 383-4540