How to Become a CNA in Idaho
Begin your path to becoming a nurse aide in Idaho by gathering a list of state approved CNA education and training courses in your local area. Do some research online and in-person to find out each school’s reputation, teaching staff and success of recent graduates of their CNA program. Look for things like graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how fast recent graduates are securing CNA jobs.
After selecting the school that suits you best you will begin coursework and hands-on clinical skills training. Both aspects are very important as the certification exam will include a written multiple choice section AND a hands-on skills assessment. Both must be completed successfully to pass the test.
Some of the basic requirements for becoming a CNA in Idaho include: being at least 18 years of age, having a clean criminal background, possessing a high school diploma or equivalent degree. Once those items have been satisfied, education completed and exam passed the individual will be eligible to add their name to the Idaho Nurse Aide Registry list and begin seeking employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Average CNA salary in Idaho is around $30,000 per year which provides a comfortable beginning wage for most people. Opportunities for career advancement in the same field include becoming an LPN or RN. CNA classes can be found at community colleges, private training institutions, American Red Cross, or online colleges and universities. After becoming licensed the next step is to craft a well-suited resume and begin applying for CNA job openings in Idaho cities.
CNA Training Classes in Idaho
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology: Non-Licensure Track
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
State Approved CNA Programs in Idaho
College of Western Idaho
5500 E. Opportunity Dr.
Nampa, ID 83687
Phone: (208) 562-3000
College of Southern Idaho
315 Falls Avenue
PO Box 1238
Twin Falls, ID 83303
Phone: (208) 732-6701
Eastern Idaho Technical College
1600 S 25th East
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone: (208) 524-3000
Idaho State University CNA Program
921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83209
Phone: (208) 282-3372
Lewis-Clark State College CNA Program
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone: (208) 792-2059
North Idaho College
Workforce Training Center
525 W Clearwater Loop
Post Falls, ID 83854
Phone: (208) 769-3333
Stevens-Henager – Boise Campus
1444 South Entertainment Avenue
Boise, ID 83709
Phone: (208) 383-4540