How to Become a CNA in Idaho
Begin your path to becoming a nurse aide in Idaho by gathering a list of state approved CNA education and training courses in your local area. Do some research online and in-person to find out each school’s reputation, teaching staff and success of recent graduates of their CNA program. Look for things like graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how fast recent graduates are securing CNA jobs.
After selecting the school that suits you best you will begin coursework and hands-on clinical skills training. Both aspects are very important as the certification exam will include a written multiple choice section AND a hands-on skills assessment. Both must be completed successfully to pass the test.
Some of the basic requirements for becoming a CNA in Idaho include: being at least 18 years of age, having a clean criminal background, possessing a high school diploma or equivalent degree. Once those items have been satisfied, education completed and exam passed the individual will be eligible to add their name to the Idaho Nurse Aide Registry list and begin seeking employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Average CNA salary in Idaho is around $30,000 per year which provides a comfortable beginning wage for most people. Opportunities for career advancement in the same field include becoming an LPN or RN. CNA classes can be found at community colleges, private training institutions, American Red Cross, or online colleges and universities. After becoming licensed the next step is to craft a well-suited resume and begin applying for CNA job openings in Idaho cities.
CNA Training Classes in Idaho
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to MSN in Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- RN to MSN Informatics Specialization
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
At Broadveiw University, we prepare students for exciting careers in high-value fields. Imagine getting paid for what you love doing. It all starts with career-based training at Broadview University.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management Emphasis
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
State Approved CNA Programs in Idaho
College of Western Idaho
5500 E. Opportunity Dr.
Nampa, ID 83687
Phone: (208) 562-3000
College of Southern Idaho
315 Falls Avenue
PO Box 1238
Twin Falls, ID 83303
Phone: (208) 732-6701
Eastern Idaho Technical College
1600 S 25th East
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone: (208) 524-3000
Idaho State University CNA Program
921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83209
Phone: (208) 282-3372
Lewis-Clark State College CNA Program
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone: (208) 792-2059
North Idaho College
Workforce Training Center
525 W Clearwater Loop
Post Falls, ID 83854
Phone: (208) 769-3333
Stevens-Henager – Boise Campus
1444 South Entertainment Avenue
Boise, ID 83709
Phone: (208) 383-4540