How to Become a CNA in Idaho
Begin your path to becoming a nurse aide in Idaho by gathering a list of state approved CNA education and training courses in your local area. Do some research online and in-person to find out each school’s reputation, teaching staff and success of recent graduates of their CNA program. Look for things like graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how fast recent graduates are securing CNA jobs.
After selecting the school that suits you best you will begin coursework and hands-on clinical skills training. Both aspects are very important as the certification exam will include a written multiple choice section AND a hands-on skills assessment. Both must be completed successfully to pass the test.
Some of the basic requirements for becoming a CNA in Idaho include: being at least 18 years of age, having a clean criminal background, possessing a high school diploma or equivalent degree. Once those items have been satisfied, education completed and exam passed the individual will be eligible to add their name to the Idaho Nurse Aide Registry list and begin seeking employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Average CNA salary in Idaho is around $30,000 per year which provides a comfortable beginning wage for most people. Opportunities for career advancement in the same field include becoming an LPN or RN. CNA classes can be found at community colleges, private training institutions, American Red Cross, or online colleges and universities. After becoming licensed the next step is to craft a well-suited resume and begin applying for CNA job openings in Idaho cities.
CNA Training Classes in Idaho
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
State Approved CNA Programs in Idaho
College of Western Idaho
5500 E. Opportunity Dr.
Nampa, ID 83687
Phone: (208) 562-3000
College of Southern Idaho
315 Falls Avenue
PO Box 1238
Twin Falls, ID 83303
Phone: (208) 732-6701
Eastern Idaho Technical College
1600 S 25th East
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone: (208) 524-3000
Idaho State University CNA Program
921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83209
Phone: (208) 282-3372
Lewis-Clark State College CNA Program
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501
Phone: (208) 792-2059
North Idaho College
Workforce Training Center
525 W Clearwater Loop
Post Falls, ID 83854
Phone: (208) 769-3333
Stevens-Henager – Boise Campus
1444 South Entertainment Avenue
Boise, ID 83709
Phone: (208) 383-4540