How to Become a CNA in Illinois
The vast and prominent state of Illinois offers many exciting opportunities, and with the high concentration of medical centers and hospitals in the city of Chicago the opportunities for healthcare providers are excellent.
Many people want to enter nursing or healthcare but don’t know how to get started. There are many different pathways one can take, and different positions and specialties within these fields. For those who do not have an exact career path picked out, starting off as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) can be an excellent starting point.
To highlight some of the benefits of becoming a CNA in Illinois, first we examine the extremely short training period of only 4-6 weeks required to gain certification. Other positions might take anywhere from 2-6 years to prepare for. Secondly we consider the cost of education, training and certification. The entire cost of a CNA program from start to finish ranges between $500-$1500, which is very low compared to almost any other profession. Lastly we bring to your attention the versatility of the skills and knowledge required to become a CNA. The information learned and job training required to become a CNA is easily transferrable to many other medical and healthcare positions. Therefore, if you decide later on that you wish to become a nurse or doctor you already have knowledge of the subject matter and can easily build upon your level of understanding and skill set.
Now we move on to state specific training requirements for CNAs in Illinois. In anticipation of the predicted nursing shortage of 21,000 by the year 2020 Governor Pat Quinn and the state of Illinois developed the Illinois Center for Nursing. This entity is in charge of fostering nurse education while maintaining high standards for quality of care. Anyone considering a career in nursing in Illinois should become acquainted with this organization.
To become a CNA in Illinois there are a few simple steps to follow. First, the prospective CNA must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent degree and have a clean criminal background. The next step is to identify, enroll and complete a state-approved CNA training program. Our site lists several programs currently offered by educational institutions throughout Illinois and online. After that the CNA hopeful will register to sit for the CNA certification exam in Illinois, and once they pass they will apply to be added to the list of Certified Nursing Assistants licensed to practice in Illinois.
CNA Training Classes in Illinois
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Assistant
Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) is a year-round school providing vocational training in skilled trades and allied health career fields where job growth is expected.
- Medical Assisting (9 Months)
- Dental Assisting (9 Months)
- Our Healthcare programs prepare graduates for a booming Healthcare industry allowing them to apply their classroom knowledge in our simulation labs during educational scenarios and training exercises.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program (RN to BSN) expands knowledge in areas of research, theory, leadership, community concepts, healthcare policy and current trends in healthcare.
- The RN to BSN program is specifically designed for students to increase their understanding of advanced nursing roles. A Registered Nurse (RN) License is required prior to admitance to this program.
- The Master of Science in Nursing Education (MSN) is uniquely focused on nursing education. This program fosters independent learning and cultivates an in-depth understanding.
- Students learn to implement nursing course curriculum using evidence-based practice throughout the duration of the MSN program while engaging in scholarly work, research and teaching practicum.
- At Hallmark University, we designed our simulation labs and facilities to look and feel just like a hospital and modern healthcare environments.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
The path to a brighter future isn’t always clear. We face roadblocks and detours. Sometimes, we make a wrong turn and get lost. No matter where you are in your journey, Baker College can help you move forward to a rewarding career.
At Baker College, we know the importance of a quality education. We are regionally accredited with award-winning faculty. We will be there every step of the way so you can get where you’re going.
- Nursing (Post-licensure)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!