How to Become a CNA in Indiana
Taking CNA classes in Indiana can be a great way to jump start your career in the field of nursing. While RN programs can last up to 4 years, CNA training can be completed in as little as 4 weeks time. Working as a nurse aide gives you firsthand exposure to what its like to work directly with patients, doctors, registered nurses and other healthcare professionals.
This type of experience helps build a foundation of knowledge that can be built upon over time. Many people who start their careers as nurse aides later become Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners or Nurse Educators. The CNA position is a great starting point for those interested in a career as a healthcare provider to get their foot in the door.
Indiana has many state approved training programs at community colleges, four-year universities, online schools, trade schools and private institutions. The first step to getting your CNA license in Indiana is to make sure you are at least 18 years old, have a clean criminal background and possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree. After those boxes have been checked the next step is to find local CNA education courses and compile a list of your top choices. Take your time and research each school and training program thoroughly to make sure your time and money is being well spent. Some things to pay close attention to when evaluating different training programs are the tenure of faculty members, quality of training facilities, costs of tuition, graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how recent graduates fare in the job market. Typical costs for a CNA training course in Indiana are between $400-$800 for books and tuition.
The learning material for a nurse aide training class will include approximately 100 hours of instruction, divided between traditional classroom study and hands-on clinical skills practice. Both aspects are equally important parts of your CNA job training. Since you will be performing many of the basic CNA skills several times per day it is imperative that you have a good working knowledge of how to do them properly.
After you earn a certificate of completion from your education program the next step will be to register to sit for the Indiana CNA certification exam. The test will consist of two parts: written multiple choice questions and hands-on skills assessment. Both parts must be passed to receive your certification.
Once that is out of the way you may apply for inclusion on the Indiana state Nurse Aide Registry list and begin actively seeking employment as a CNA. Many schools offer some type of job placement assistance for their graduates, or have partnerships with local employers. This can be an excellent place to start your job search.
CNA Training Classes in Indiana
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
Sullivan University is Kentucky's largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you're a high school student considering college for the first time, an adult returning to school or someone seeking professional development, you'll be surprised at the variety and range of alternatives Sullivan University offers.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!