How to Become a CNA in Indiana
Taking CNA classes in Indiana can be a great way to jump start your career in the field of nursing. While RN programs can last up to 4 years, CNA training can be completed in as little as 4 weeks time. Working as a nurse aide gives you firsthand exposure to what its like to work directly with patients, doctors, registered nurses and other healthcare professionals.
This type of experience helps build a foundation of knowledge that can be built upon over time. Many people who start their careers as nurse aides later become Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners or Nurse Educators. The CNA position is a great starting point for those interested in a career as a healthcare provider to get their foot in the door.
Indiana has many state approved training programs at community colleges, four-year universities, online schools, trade schools and private institutions. The first step to getting your CNA license in Indiana is to make sure you are at least 18 years old, have a clean criminal background and possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree. After those boxes have been checked the next step is to find local CNA education courses and compile a list of your top choices. Take your time and research each school and training program thoroughly to make sure your time and money is being well spent. Some things to pay close attention to when evaluating different training programs are the tenure of faculty members, quality of training facilities, costs of tuition, graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how recent graduates fare in the job market. Typical costs for a CNA training course in Indiana are between $400-$800 for books and tuition.
The learning material for a nurse aide training class will include approximately 100 hours of instruction, divided between traditional classroom study and hands-on clinical skills practice. Both aspects are equally important parts of your CNA job training. Since you will be performing many of the basic CNA skills several times per day it is imperative that you have a good working knowledge of how to do them properly.
After you earn a certificate of completion from your education program the next step will be to register to sit for the Indiana CNA certification exam. The test will consist of two parts: written multiple choice questions and hands-on skills assessment. Both parts must be passed to receive your certification.
Once that is out of the way you may apply for inclusion on the Indiana state Nurse Aide Registry list and begin actively seeking employment as a CNA. Many schools offer some type of job placement assistance for their graduates, or have partnerships with local employers. This can be an excellent place to start your job search.
CNA Training Classes in Indiana
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education