How to Become a CNA in Indiana
Taking CNA classes in Indiana can be a great way to jump start your career in the field of nursing. While RN programs can last up to 4 years, CNA training can be completed in as little as 4 weeks time. Working as a nurse aide gives you firsthand exposure to what its like to work directly with patients, doctors, registered nurses and other healthcare professionals.
This type of experience helps build a foundation of knowledge that can be built upon over time. Many people who start their careers as nurse aides later become Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners or Nurse Educators. The CNA position is a great starting point for those interested in a career as a healthcare provider to get their foot in the door.
Indiana has many state approved training programs at community colleges, four-year universities, online schools, trade schools and private institutions. The first step to getting your CNA license in Indiana is to make sure you are at least 18 years old, have a clean criminal background and possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree. After those boxes have been checked the next step is to find local CNA education courses and compile a list of your top choices. Take your time and research each school and training program thoroughly to make sure your time and money is being well spent. Some things to pay close attention to when evaluating different training programs are the tenure of faculty members, quality of training facilities, costs of tuition, graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how recent graduates fare in the job market. Typical costs for a CNA training course in Indiana are between $400-$800 for books and tuition.
The learning material for a nurse aide training class will include approximately 100 hours of instruction, divided between traditional classroom study and hands-on clinical skills practice. Both aspects are equally important parts of your CNA job training. Since you will be performing many of the basic CNA skills several times per day it is imperative that you have a good working knowledge of how to do them properly.
After you earn a certificate of completion from your education program the next step will be to register to sit for the Indiana CNA certification exam. The test will consist of two parts: written multiple choice questions and hands-on skills assessment. Both parts must be passed to receive your certification.
Once that is out of the way you may apply for inclusion on the Indiana state Nurse Aide Registry list and begin actively seeking employment as a CNA. Many schools offer some type of job placement assistance for their graduates, or have partnerships with local employers. This can be an excellent place to start your job search.
CNA Training Classes in Indiana
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)