How to Become a CNA in Indiana
Taking CNA classes in Indiana can be a great way to jump start your career in the field of nursing. While RN programs can last up to 4 years, CNA training can be completed in as little as 4 weeks time. Working as a nurse aide gives you firsthand exposure to what its like to work directly with patients, doctors, registered nurses and other healthcare professionals.
This type of experience helps build a foundation of knowledge that can be built upon over time. Many people who start their careers as nurse aides later become Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners or Nurse Educators. The CNA position is a great starting point for those interested in a career as a healthcare provider to get their foot in the door.
Indiana has many state approved training programs at community colleges, four-year universities, online schools, trade schools and private institutions. The first step to getting your CNA license in Indiana is to make sure you are at least 18 years old, have a clean criminal background and possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree. After those boxes have been checked the next step is to find local CNA education courses and compile a list of your top choices. Take your time and research each school and training program thoroughly to make sure your time and money is being well spent. Some things to pay close attention to when evaluating different training programs are the tenure of faculty members, quality of training facilities, costs of tuition, graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how recent graduates fare in the job market. Typical costs for a CNA training course in Indiana are between $400-$800 for books and tuition.
The learning material for a nurse aide training class will include approximately 100 hours of instruction, divided between traditional classroom study and hands-on clinical skills practice. Both aspects are equally important parts of your CNA job training. Since you will be performing many of the basic CNA skills several times per day it is imperative that you have a good working knowledge of how to do them properly.
After you earn a certificate of completion from your education program the next step will be to register to sit for the Indiana CNA certification exam. The test will consist of two parts: written multiple choice questions and hands-on skills assessment. Both parts must be passed to receive your certification.
Once that is out of the way you may apply for inclusion on the Indiana state Nurse Aide Registry list and begin actively seeking employment as a CNA. Many schools offer some type of job placement assistance for their graduates, or have partnerships with local employers. This can be an excellent place to start your job search.
CNA Training Classes in Indiana
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- M.S. Nursing and Master of Business Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Associate Degree in Nursing