How to Become a CNA in Indiana
Taking CNA classes in Indiana can be a great way to jump start your career in the field of nursing. While RN programs can last up to 4 years, CNA training can be completed in as little as 4 weeks time. Working as a nurse aide gives you firsthand exposure to what its like to work directly with patients, doctors, registered nurses and other healthcare professionals.
This type of experience helps build a foundation of knowledge that can be built upon over time. Many people who start their careers as nurse aides later become Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners or Nurse Educators. The CNA position is a great starting point for those interested in a career as a healthcare provider to get their foot in the door.
Indiana has many state approved training programs at community colleges, four-year universities, online schools, trade schools and private institutions. The first step to getting your CNA license in Indiana is to make sure you are at least 18 years old, have a clean criminal background and possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree. After those boxes have been checked the next step is to find local CNA education courses and compile a list of your top choices. Take your time and research each school and training program thoroughly to make sure your time and money is being well spent. Some things to pay close attention to when evaluating different training programs are the tenure of faculty members, quality of training facilities, costs of tuition, graduation rates, certification exam pass rates and how recent graduates fare in the job market. Typical costs for a CNA training course in Indiana are between $400-$800 for books and tuition.
The learning material for a nurse aide training class will include approximately 100 hours of instruction, divided between traditional classroom study and hands-on clinical skills practice. Both aspects are equally important parts of your CNA job training. Since you will be performing many of the basic CNA skills several times per day it is imperative that you have a good working knowledge of how to do them properly.
After you earn a certificate of completion from your education program the next step will be to register to sit for the Indiana CNA certification exam. The test will consist of two parts: written multiple choice questions and hands-on skills assessment. Both parts must be passed to receive your certification.
Once that is out of the way you may apply for inclusion on the Indiana state Nurse Aide Registry list and begin actively seeking employment as a CNA. Many schools offer some type of job placement assistance for their graduates, or have partnerships with local employers. This can be an excellent place to start your job search.
CNA Training Classes in Indiana
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Clinical Specialties
- Clinical Assistant Diploma with Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- And more...
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.