How to Become a CNA in Kansas
The state of Kansas requires its nurse aides to be able to perform 18 essential skills in order to become licensed to work as a CNA in Kansas. These skills will be taught as a part of any state-approved CNA training program. Most courses in Kansas are only 90 hours long and can be completed in 3-4 weeks.
This represents an excellent opportunity for students to get job training quickly and enter the workforce within a few months. Kansas CNA salaries and pay rates range around $25,000 annually or between $12-$15 hourly. Here is the break-down of how to quickly become a CNA in Kansas.
The simple requirements that all CNA applicants must meet include a current TB skin test result or negative x-ray, a current CPR for Health Care Providers certification card, identification showing at least 18 years of age, a valid social security card, a high school diploma or GED and a clean criminal background. The state and or training institution will verify by fingerprint scan. Once these items are in order the applicant may proceed with finding a school or training institute.
Many community colleges, healthcare training institutes and online universities offer CNA training. As long as the course is approved by the state of Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services then students can enroll. All courses must follow minimum state guidelines for number of training hours, clinical practice requirements and ensure students are properly prepared for this career position. When comparing different schools it is advisable that students consult with online ratings for Kansas CNA programs, school websites and community forums with peer reviews. The school selected should have strong tenured faculty with many years of experience in the field, convenient class schedules and high graduation and exam pass rates.
The final step will be to register to sit for the Kansas CNA certification exam. The test consists of written multiple choice questions and hands-on practical skills assessment. Both portions must be passed to earn a passing score on the overall exam. After passing the student will receive their certification of completion in the mail and will be immediately eligible to join the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry. The next step will be to begin sourcing employment opportunities.
CNA Training Classes in Kansas
- It's never too late for a fresh start. With programs ranging from business administration to HVAC technology, there's an opportunity for you at Bryan University to transform your skills into a career.
- At Bryan University, you'll have access to career services including practice interviews, resume prep, job referrals, and career development classes that can help you along your path to success.
- Here at BU, we supply you with the tools to succeed including access to one of largest online content repositories in the world, so you can use research to gain industry insight.
- With a degree from Bryan University, you'll receive personalized instruction from experienced faculty, course scheduling that fits your life, and career and academic resources to help you succeed.
- Campus locations include Columbia, Rogers, Springfield and Topeka as well as online. Experience the flexibility and hands-on training Bryan University offers and take a step toward your career today!
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)