How to Become a CNA in Kansas
The state of Kansas requires its nurse aides to be able to perform 18 essential skills in order to become licensed to work as a CNA in Kansas. These skills will be taught as a part of any state-approved CNA training program. Most courses in Kansas are only 90 hours long and can be completed in 3-4 weeks.
This represents an excellent opportunity for students to get job training quickly and enter the workforce within a few months. Kansas CNA salaries and pay rates range around $25,000 annually or between $12-$15 hourly. Here is the break-down of how to quickly become a CNA in Kansas.
The simple requirements that all CNA applicants must meet include a current TB skin test result or negative x-ray, a current CPR for Health Care Providers certification card, identification showing at least 18 years of age, a valid social security card, a high school diploma or GED and a clean criminal background. The state and or training institution will verify by fingerprint scan. Once these items are in order the applicant may proceed with finding a school or training institute.
Many community colleges, healthcare training institutes and online universities offer CNA training. As long as the course is approved by the state of Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services then students can enroll. All courses must follow minimum state guidelines for number of training hours, clinical practice requirements and ensure students are properly prepared for this career position. When comparing different schools it is advisable that students consult with online ratings for Kansas CNA programs, school websites and community forums with peer reviews. The school selected should have strong tenured faculty with many years of experience in the field, convenient class schedules and high graduation and exam pass rates.
The final step will be to register to sit for the Kansas CNA certification exam. The test consists of written multiple choice questions and hands-on practical skills assessment. Both portions must be passed to earn a passing score on the overall exam. After passing the student will receive their certification of completion in the mail and will be immediately eligible to join the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry. The next step will be to begin sourcing employment opportunities.
CNA Training Classes in Kansas
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!