How to Become a CNA in Kansas
The state of Kansas requires its nurse aides to be able to perform 18 essential skills in order to become licensed to work as a CNA in Kansas. These skills will be taught as a part of any state-approved CNA training program. Most courses in Kansas are only 90 hours long and can be completed in 3-4 weeks.
This represents an excellent opportunity for students to get job training quickly and enter the workforce within a few months. Kansas CNA salaries and pay rates range around $25,000 annually or between $12-$15 hourly. Here is the break-down of how to quickly become a CNA in Kansas.
The simple requirements that all CNA applicants must meet include a current TB skin test result or negative x-ray, a current CPR for Health Care Providers certification card, identification showing at least 18 years of age, a valid social security card, a high school diploma or GED and a clean criminal background. The state and or training institution will verify by fingerprint scan. Once these items are in order the applicant may proceed with finding a school or training institute.
Many community colleges, healthcare training institutes and online universities offer CNA training. As long as the course is approved by the state of Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services then students can enroll. All courses must follow minimum state guidelines for number of training hours, clinical practice requirements and ensure students are properly prepared for this career position. When comparing different schools it is advisable that students consult with online ratings for Kansas CNA programs, school websites and community forums with peer reviews. The school selected should have strong tenured faculty with many years of experience in the field, convenient class schedules and high graduation and exam pass rates.
The final step will be to register to sit for the Kansas CNA certification exam. The test consists of written multiple choice questions and hands-on practical skills assessment. Both portions must be passed to earn a passing score on the overall exam. After passing the student will receive their certification of completion in the mail and will be immediately eligible to join the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry. The next step will be to begin sourcing employment opportunities.
CNA Training Classes in Kansas
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education