How to Become a CNA in Kentucky
There are a few simple steps to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) as they are formally referred to in Kentucky. We have broken the process down to 4 easy steps described below.
Step 1 will be to make sure you have a clean criminal background. Most states will verify the information provided by using fingerprint scan technology to cross reference several different criminal databases. This is for the protection of the people of the state of Kentucky. The next requirement is that the applicant is at least 18 years of age. Since the job includes a fair amount of responsibility the nurse aide must be at least 18. A two-part Tuberculosis test will also be required to preserve the health and safety of the people. Lastly the individual must possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree to ensure they meet basic background education requirements.
Step 2 will be to gather a list of potential CNA training programs. Work through your list to select favorites by comparing peer reviews, graduation rates, exam pass rates, job placement assistance, tenure of faculty members and class schedules. Typical program costs for CNA training including books and tuition should fall in the $500-$1500 range. Once you have identified the best available program enroll and begin classes.
Step 3 will be to sit for the Kentucky state CNA certification exam. This is where the classroom learning will be put to the test by answering written multiple choice questions and demonstrating 5 hands-on skills required of a CNA. The 5 skills will be chosen at random and will be supervised by a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure proper completion. If the student fails any portion of the exam the entire grade will be a fail. If they pass the exam they may move on to the final step.
Step 4 is quite simple: apply to have your name added to the Kentucky state Nurse Aide Registry list so that potential employers and the general public can verify that you are actively licensed to practice as a CNA in Kentucky.
CNA Training Classes in Kentucky
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Clinical Specialties
- Clinical Assistant Diploma with Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- And more...
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Medical Assisting, Associate of Science
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assisting, Associates Degree
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Physical Therapy Aide
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration