How to Become a CNA in Kentucky
There are a few simple steps to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) as they are formally referred to in Kentucky. We have broken the process down to 4 easy steps described below.
Step 1 will be to make sure you have a clean criminal background. Most states will verify the information provided by using fingerprint scan technology to cross reference several different criminal databases. This is for the protection of the people of the state of Kentucky. The next requirement is that the applicant is at least 18 years of age. Since the job includes a fair amount of responsibility the nurse aide must be at least 18. A two-part Tuberculosis test will also be required to preserve the health and safety of the people. Lastly the individual must possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree to ensure they meet basic background education requirements.
Step 2 will be to gather a list of potential CNA training programs. Work through your list to select favorites by comparing peer reviews, graduation rates, exam pass rates, job placement assistance, tenure of faculty members and class schedules. Typical program costs for CNA training including books and tuition should fall in the $500-$1500 range. Once you have identified the best available program enroll and begin classes.
Step 3 will be to sit for the Kentucky state CNA certification exam. This is where the classroom learning will be put to the test by answering written multiple choice questions and demonstrating 5 hands-on skills required of a CNA. The 5 skills will be chosen at random and will be supervised by a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure proper completion. If the student fails any portion of the exam the entire grade will be a fail. If they pass the exam they may move on to the final step.
Step 4 is quite simple: apply to have your name added to the Kentucky state Nurse Aide Registry list so that potential employers and the general public can verify that you are actively licensed to practice as a CNA in Kentucky.
CNA Training Classes in Kentucky
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)