How to Become a CNA in Kentucky
There are a few simple steps to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) as they are formally referred to in Kentucky. We have broken the process down to 4 easy steps described below.
Step 1 will be to make sure you have a clean criminal background. Most states will verify the information provided by using fingerprint scan technology to cross reference several different criminal databases. This is for the protection of the people of the state of Kentucky. The next requirement is that the applicant is at least 18 years of age. Since the job includes a fair amount of responsibility the nurse aide must be at least 18. A two-part Tuberculosis test will also be required to preserve the health and safety of the people. Lastly the individual must possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree to ensure they meet basic background education requirements.
Step 2 will be to gather a list of potential CNA training programs. Work through your list to select favorites by comparing peer reviews, graduation rates, exam pass rates, job placement assistance, tenure of faculty members and class schedules. Typical program costs for CNA training including books and tuition should fall in the $500-$1500 range. Once you have identified the best available program enroll and begin classes.
Step 3 will be to sit for the Kentucky state CNA certification exam. This is where the classroom learning will be put to the test by answering written multiple choice questions and demonstrating 5 hands-on skills required of a CNA. The 5 skills will be chosen at random and will be supervised by a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure proper completion. If the student fails any portion of the exam the entire grade will be a fail. If they pass the exam they may move on to the final step.
Step 4 is quite simple: apply to have your name added to the Kentucky state Nurse Aide Registry list so that potential employers and the general public can verify that you are actively licensed to practice as a CNA in Kentucky.
CNA Training Classes in Kentucky
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- M.S. Nursing and Master of Business Administration
- Medical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!