How to Become a CNA in Kentucky
There are a few simple steps to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) as they are formally referred to in Kentucky. We have broken the process down to 4 easy steps described below.
Step 1 will be to make sure you have a clean criminal background. Most states will verify the information provided by using fingerprint scan technology to cross reference several different criminal databases. This is for the protection of the people of the state of Kentucky. The next requirement is that the applicant is at least 18 years of age. Since the job includes a fair amount of responsibility the nurse aide must be at least 18. A two-part Tuberculosis test will also be required to preserve the health and safety of the people. Lastly the individual must possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree to ensure they meet basic background education requirements.
Step 2 will be to gather a list of potential CNA training programs. Work through your list to select favorites by comparing peer reviews, graduation rates, exam pass rates, job placement assistance, tenure of faculty members and class schedules. Typical program costs for CNA training including books and tuition should fall in the $500-$1500 range. Once you have identified the best available program enroll and begin classes.
Step 3 will be to sit for the Kentucky state CNA certification exam. This is where the classroom learning will be put to the test by answering written multiple choice questions and demonstrating 5 hands-on skills required of a CNA. The 5 skills will be chosen at random and will be supervised by a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure proper completion. If the student fails any portion of the exam the entire grade will be a fail. If they pass the exam they may move on to the final step.
Step 4 is quite simple: apply to have your name added to the Kentucky state Nurse Aide Registry list so that potential employers and the general public can verify that you are actively licensed to practice as a CNA in Kentucky.
CNA Training Classes in Kentucky
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Medical Assisting, Associate of Science
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assisting, Associates Degree
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- BSN to MSN with concentration in Nurse Executive
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's