How to Become a CNA in Maine
Once you have decided to pursue a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Maine the next step is to make sure you meet the basic minimum qualifications. The state of Maine Department of Licensing and Regulatory Services mandates that individuals seeking to become a CNA be 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma and have a clean criminal background.
Beyond these minimum requirements, interested individuals must complete an approved CNA education program and pass the CNA certification exam to prove that they possess the basic skills, competency and knowledge to perform work as a CNA in Maine.
The Federal Government mandates that each individual state maintain their own independent CNA registry. The purpose of the registry is to protect the general public by keeping an active database of current license status for individuals practicing as a nurse aide in Maine. The registry is also used to document disciplinary actions taken against CNAs and make this information accessible to the public and to employers.
When training to become a CNA in Maine the student will be exposed to a variety of information in a relatively short period of time. Most CNA training courses only last between 4-8 weeks and are quickly followed up by the state exam. Registration fees for most classes including books and tuition usually run between $500-$1500 depending on the institution.
Maine is a rather lax state in that they allow you to work as a CNA for up to 4 months while you are waiting to be added to the state registry. When it comes to training and education they are on the more strict side, requiring all new CNAs to complete a minimum 180-hour training course, while many states only require 100 education hours.
CNA Training Classes in Maine
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- BA in Health Education
- BA in Health and Wellness