How to Become a CNA in Maine
Once you have decided to pursue a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Maine the next step is to make sure you meet the basic minimum qualifications. The state of Maine Department of Licensing and Regulatory Services mandates that individuals seeking to become a CNA be 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma and have a clean criminal background.
Beyond these minimum requirements, interested individuals must complete an approved CNA education program and pass the CNA certification exam to prove that they possess the basic skills, competency and knowledge to perform work as a CNA in Maine.
The Federal Government mandates that each individual state maintain their own independent CNA registry. The purpose of the registry is to protect the general public by keeping an active database of current license status for individuals practicing as a nurse aide in Maine. The registry is also used to document disciplinary actions taken against CNAs and make this information accessible to the public and to employers.
When training to become a CNA in Maine the student will be exposed to a variety of information in a relatively short period of time. Most CNA training courses only last between 4-8 weeks and are quickly followed up by the state exam. Registration fees for most classes including books and tuition usually run between $500-$1500 depending on the institution.
Maine is a rather lax state in that they allow you to work as a CNA for up to 4 months while you are waiting to be added to the state registry. When it comes to training and education they are on the more strict side, requiring all new CNAs to complete a minimum 180-hour training course, while many states only require 100 education hours.
CNA Training Classes in Maine
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!