How to Become a CNA in Maine
Once you have decided to pursue a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Maine the next step is to make sure you meet the basic minimum qualifications. The state of Maine Department of Licensing and Regulatory Services mandates that individuals seeking to become a CNA be 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma and have a clean criminal background.
Beyond these minimum requirements, interested individuals must complete an approved CNA education program and pass the CNA certification exam to prove that they possess the basic skills, competency and knowledge to perform work as a CNA in Maine.
The Federal Government mandates that each individual state maintain their own independent CNA registry. The purpose of the registry is to protect the general public by keeping an active database of current license status for individuals practicing as a nurse aide in Maine. The registry is also used to document disciplinary actions taken against CNAs and make this information accessible to the public and to employers.
When training to become a CNA in Maine the student will be exposed to a variety of information in a relatively short period of time. Most CNA training courses only last between 4-8 weeks and are quickly followed up by the state exam. Registration fees for most classes including books and tuition usually run between $500-$1500 depending on the institution.
Maine is a rather lax state in that they allow you to work as a CNA for up to 4 months while you are waiting to be added to the state registry. When it comes to training and education they are on the more strict side, requiring all new CNAs to complete a minimum 180-hour training course, while many states only require 100 education hours.
CNA Training Classes in Maine
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- Master of Science in Nursing - MSN/MBA Dual Degree Option
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!