How to Become a CNA in Maine
Once you have decided to pursue a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Maine the next step is to make sure you meet the basic minimum qualifications. The state of Maine Department of Licensing and Regulatory Services mandates that individuals seeking to become a CNA be 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma and have a clean criminal background.
Beyond these minimum requirements, interested individuals must complete an approved CNA education program and pass the CNA certification exam to prove that they possess the basic skills, competency and knowledge to perform work as a CNA in Maine.
The Federal Government mandates that each individual state maintain their own independent CNA registry. The purpose of the registry is to protect the general public by keeping an active database of current license status for individuals practicing as a nurse aide in Maine. The registry is also used to document disciplinary actions taken against CNAs and make this information accessible to the public and to employers.
When training to become a CNA in Maine the student will be exposed to a variety of information in a relatively short period of time. Most CNA training courses only last between 4-8 weeks and are quickly followed up by the state exam. Registration fees for most classes including books and tuition usually run between $500-$1500 depending on the institution.
Maine is a rather lax state in that they allow you to work as a CNA for up to 4 months while you are waiting to be added to the state registry. When it comes to training and education they are on the more strict side, requiring all new CNAs to complete a minimum 180-hour training course, while many states only require 100 education hours.
CNA Training Classes in Maine
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education