How to Become a CNA in Massachusetts
If you are suited towards providing care for others and have great sympathy and compassion for those in need you might decide to pursue the noble profession of nursing. Along your pathway you will discover the quickest entry point into a nursing career is the position of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The ideal CNA candidate might later decide to become an LPN or Registered Nurse if they desire more job responsibilities, greater degree of specialization or more income.
To get started as a CNA in Massachusetts the requirements are very simple. Before enrolling in an education program, the individual must make sure they are at least eighteen years old, can pass a full physical exam (including tuberculosis test), have a clean and clear criminal background history and have a high school diploma or equivalent degree indicating basic knowledge of English and Mathematics.
The next step will be to compile a list of available CNA training programs in Massachusetts to choose from. Our web site provides a list of online CNA courses for students in Massachusetts as well as local state approved courses. When evaluating different training programs it is advised that students consider the programs history, graduation rates and state exam passing rates. These are important factors in any students decision making process as they want to select the best school possible to prepare them for the state exam and the career itself. Being poorly prepared can cause difficulties finding employment, retaining employment and performing well in your job duties.
Any approved CNA course should contain a minimum of 100 credit hours divided between classroom lecture and hands-on clinical skills training. Both of these will be included on the state exam so they should both be taught and practiced thoroughly before challenging the boards. Most states consider there to be 25 basic essential skills required of a CNA, and the state exam will test 5 of these skills (chosen at random) and judged by an experienced practitioner.
Once you have cleared the hurdle of completing the training program, passing the state exam and applying for inclusion on the state Nurse Aide Registry the final step will be sourcing employment opportunities. There are usually many openings for quality health care providers as this is on of the fastest growing industries in the Massachusetts economy. Demand is high and supply is relatively low, which makes now a great time to become a CNA in Massachusetts (MA).
CNA Training Classes in Massachusetts
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator