How to Become a CNA in Massachusetts
If you are suited towards providing care for others and have great sympathy and compassion for those in need you might decide to pursue the noble profession of nursing. Along your pathway you will discover the quickest entry point into a nursing career is the position of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The ideal CNA candidate might later decide to become an LPN or Registered Nurse if they desire more job responsibilities, greater degree of specialization or more income.
To get started as a CNA in Massachusetts the requirements are very simple. Before enrolling in an education program, the individual must make sure they are at least eighteen years old, can pass a full physical exam (including tuberculosis test), have a clean and clear criminal background history and have a high school diploma or equivalent degree indicating basic knowledge of English and Mathematics.
The next step will be to compile a list of available CNA training programs in Massachusetts to choose from. Our web site provides a list of online CNA courses for students in Massachusetts as well as local state approved courses. When evaluating different training programs it is advised that students consider the programs history, graduation rates and state exam passing rates. These are important factors in any students decision making process as they want to select the best school possible to prepare them for the state exam and the career itself. Being poorly prepared can cause difficulties finding employment, retaining employment and performing well in your job duties.
Any approved CNA course should contain a minimum of 100 credit hours divided between classroom lecture and hands-on clinical skills training. Both of these will be included on the state exam so they should both be taught and practiced thoroughly before challenging the boards. Most states consider there to be 25 basic essential skills required of a CNA, and the state exam will test 5 of these skills (chosen at random) and judged by an experienced practitioner.
Once you have cleared the hurdle of completing the training program, passing the state exam and applying for inclusion on the state Nurse Aide Registry the final step will be sourcing employment opportunities. There are usually many openings for quality health care providers as this is on of the fastest growing industries in the Massachusetts economy. Demand is high and supply is relatively low, which makes now a great time to become a CNA in Massachusetts (MA).
CNA Training Classes in Massachusetts
- 70+ years of helping students start careers in Health Sciences, Business & Information Technology, Automotive, Skilled Trades, and more.
- This year, Lincoln schools around the country have made more than $15 million in scholarship funds available to qualified students.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media, and offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- Schools include Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England, with 30 campuses in 15 states across the U.S.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Professional Medical Assistant
Earn your degree from Lincoln College of New England. Over 30 undergraduate programs are available in Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. Financial aid is available for those who qualify
- Dental Chairside Assistant, Certificate
- Dental Administrative Assistant, AAS
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Respiratory Care
- AS - Physical Therapist Assistant
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing