How to Become a CNA in Massachusetts
If you are suited towards providing care for others and have great sympathy and compassion for those in need you might decide to pursue the noble profession of nursing. Along your pathway you will discover the quickest entry point into a nursing career is the position of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The ideal CNA candidate might later decide to become an LPN or Registered Nurse if they desire more job responsibilities, greater degree of specialization or more income.
To get started as a CNA in Massachusetts the requirements are very simple. Before enrolling in an education program, the individual must make sure they are at least eighteen years old, can pass a full physical exam (including tuberculosis test), have a clean and clear criminal background history and have a high school diploma or equivalent degree indicating basic knowledge of English and Mathematics.
The next step will be to compile a list of available CNA training programs in Massachusetts to choose from. Our web site provides a list of online CNA courses for students in Massachusetts as well as local state approved courses. When evaluating different training programs it is advised that students consider the programs history, graduation rates and state exam passing rates. These are important factors in any students decision making process as they want to select the best school possible to prepare them for the state exam and the career itself. Being poorly prepared can cause difficulties finding employment, retaining employment and performing well in your job duties.
Any approved CNA course should contain a minimum of 100 credit hours divided between classroom lecture and hands-on clinical skills training. Both of these will be included on the state exam so they should both be taught and practiced thoroughly before challenging the boards. Most states consider there to be 25 basic essential skills required of a CNA, and the state exam will test 5 of these skills (chosen at random) and judged by an experienced practitioner.
Once you have cleared the hurdle of completing the training program, passing the state exam and applying for inclusion on the state Nurse Aide Registry the final step will be sourcing employment opportunities. There are usually many openings for quality health care providers as this is on of the fastest growing industries in the Massachusetts economy. Demand is high and supply is relatively low, which makes now a great time to become a CNA in Massachusetts (MA).
CNA Training Classes in Massachusetts
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education