How to Become a CNA in Michigan
With nearly 15% of persons in Michigan age 65 or older there is significant demand for health care providers. For those who enjoy providing quality care and have compassion for people and who might like serving those who are suffering from disease, illness and/or injury the CNA profession might be a great choice. Since the OMNIBUS Act was passed in 1987 the nurse aide profession has been regulated by individual states. To work as a CNA in Michigan the individual must take an approved education course and pass the state exam, which is administered by Prometric.
The state of Michigan also contracts with Prometric to provide and maintain their state Nurse Aide Registry, which lists all licensed CNAs in the state. The registry list also documents any and all disciplinary actions or lapses in licensure for nurse aides in Michigan. This tool can be helpful to employers and is designed to protect the general public. The CNA license in Michigan must be renewed every two years.
Typical CNA training curriculum for Michigan students will include a dose of classroom lecture on subjects such as measuring and recording of patients vital signs, assisting patients with dressing, ambulating, intake and output amongst other things. There are 25 basic CNA skills which must be mastered prior to challenging the state exam. The assigned examiner will request the student to perform 5 skills chosen at random and they must be executed satisfactorily to achieve a passing score.
With unemployment rates ranging between 7.5-8.5% in Michigan from 2013-14 it is crucial for people to choose viable careers to avoid being stuck in unemployment or struggle finding job opportunities. Since all health care facilities must abide by state mandated minimum staffing requirements there is a built-in demand for certified nurse aides. The unemployment rate in Michigan for the health services sector of the economy is actually negative -0.2 which indicates that the demand for CNAs is strong and is projected to continue to grow well into the next decade. For those who start now, there might be possibilities for advancement in the near future. The average CNA salary in Michigan is $27,000 and varies according to number of years of experience, education level, current economic conditions, employer and specific location.
The first step to becoming a CNA in Michigan is to research education programs, choose one and enroll. This page lists state approved CNA training courses available online and at local campus schools. Review the list, contact individual schools to ask questions and select campuses to visit to begin your career.
CNA Training Classes in Michigan
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?