How to Become a CNA in Minnesota
Minnesota is one of the cheapest and easiest states to become a CNA. They offer many advantages to nurse aides, such as not charging a fee to be added to the state registry list and offering full tuition reimbursement for students who complete their training and then go to work at a nursing home. The only caveat is that the nursing assistant must remain employed at the facility for at least 90 days.
The required education / training program to become a CNA in Minnesota follows one of two state approved curricula: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MNSCU), 2009 and the American Red Cross, 3rd Edition. Educational institutions that offer CNA training in Minnesota must teach according to one of these two curricula.
Minnesota CNA courses are required to provide a minimum of 75 credit hours. This means that your CNA classes can be completed in as little as 3 weeks. Some states require more than double that amount of training hours, so in comparison Minnesota makes it easy to become a CNA. The course instructor must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with proper skills and experience. The clinical skills practice must be performed at a medical facility. Of course the student will have to learn and master the knowledge and skills required of a CNA. The state exam will test both by utilizing written multiple choice questions AND a hands-on practical skills assessment. Both must be completed satisfactorily to achieve a passing score.
There are currently over 150 approved CNA training programs in Minnesota and this page is dedicated to listing contact information for each school so that students can begin their research and select the program that best suits their needs. It is important to consider campus location, teaching faculty, graduation rates and state exam pass rates when choosing a school to complete your CNA training. We also provide a list of online CNA programs available to Minnesota residents.
CNA Training Classes in Minnesota
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Medical Assisting
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education