How to Become a CNA in Minnesota
Minnesota is one of the cheapest and easiest states to become a CNA. They offer many advantages to nurse aides, such as not charging a fee to be added to the state registry list and offering full tuition reimbursement for students who complete their training and then go to work at a nursing home. The only caveat is that the nursing assistant must remain employed at the facility for at least 90 days.
The required education / training program to become a CNA in Minnesota follows one of two state approved curricula: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MNSCU), 2009 and the American Red Cross, 3rd Edition. Educational institutions that offer CNA training in Minnesota must teach according to one of these two curricula.
Minnesota CNA courses are required to provide a minimum of 75 credit hours. This means that your CNA classes can be completed in as little as 3 weeks. Some states require more than double that amount of training hours, so in comparison Minnesota makes it easy to become a CNA. The course instructor must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with proper skills and experience. The clinical skills practice must be performed at a medical facility. Of course the student will have to learn and master the knowledge and skills required of a CNA. The state exam will test both by utilizing written multiple choice questions AND a hands-on practical skills assessment. Both must be completed satisfactorily to achieve a passing score.
There are currently over 150 approved CNA training programs in Minnesota and this page is dedicated to listing contact information for each school so that students can begin their research and select the program that best suits their needs. It is important to consider campus location, teaching faculty, graduation rates and state exam pass rates when choosing a school to complete your CNA training. We also provide a list of online CNA programs available to Minnesota residents.
CNA Training Classes in Minnesota
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!