How to Become a CNA in Minnesota
Minnesota is one of the cheapest and easiest states to become a CNA. They offer many advantages to nurse aides, such as not charging a fee to be added to the state registry list and offering full tuition reimbursement for students who complete their training and then go to work at a nursing home. The only caveat is that the nursing assistant must remain employed at the facility for at least 90 days.
The required education / training program to become a CNA in Minnesota follows one of two state approved curricula: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MNSCU), 2009 and the American Red Cross, 3rd Edition. Educational institutions that offer CNA training in Minnesota must teach according to one of these two curricula.
Minnesota CNA courses are required to provide a minimum of 75 credit hours. This means that your CNA classes can be completed in as little as 3 weeks. Some states require more than double that amount of training hours, so in comparison Minnesota makes it easy to become a CNA. The course instructor must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with proper skills and experience. The clinical skills practice must be performed at a medical facility. Of course the student will have to learn and master the knowledge and skills required of a CNA. The state exam will test both by utilizing written multiple choice questions AND a hands-on practical skills assessment. Both must be completed satisfactorily to achieve a passing score.
There are currently over 150 approved CNA training programs in Minnesota and this page is dedicated to listing contact information for each school so that students can begin their research and select the program that best suits their needs. It is important to consider campus location, teaching faculty, graduation rates and state exam pass rates when choosing a school to complete your CNA training. We also provide a list of online CNA programs available to Minnesota residents.
CNA Training Classes in Minnesota
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)