How to Become a CNA in Missouri
To become a licensed Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in Missouri the individual must complete a CNA training program that includes a minimum of 75 hours of classroom learning and 100 hours of hands-on clinical skills training in a health care environment (hospital or nursing home). The candidate then must pass a two-part state certification exam demonstrating their knowledge and ability to perform the essential skills required of a CNA.
If the individual has a CNA license in another state and is seeking to obtain license in Missouri they can apply to challenge the exam without completing the typical training course through a process called “reciprocity”. The decision will lay in the hands of the Missouri State Board of Nursing and each case will be handled on an individual basis.
The learning required to become a CNA includes covering topics such as basic nursing skills, safety training, disaster training, patient safety, patient rights, caring for mentally disabled persons suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, providing patient care including daily hygiene and transport. Nurse assistant will be responsible for assisting patients with daily range of motion exercises, measuring the patients intake and output, recording vital signs, logging any changes in patients condition, moving patients from bed to wheelchair and back. The CNA role is a care giver position and they will be charged with taking care of their patients daily needs, because their patients are people who are suffering from disease, injury or illness and cannot care for themselves.
Working as a CNA in Missouri one can expect to earn between $22,000 – $30,000 per year. Exact salary and benefits will vary by employer, location and experience. Most nurse assistants find employment in hospitals, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers or health clinics. CNAs must work under the direct supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in Missouri at all times.
CNA Training Classes in Missouri
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
Our Campus is Now Open and Hands-On Lab is Back in Session! Get Ready to Work! Classes Start Now.
- Medical Assisting (9 Months)
- Dental Assisting (9 Months)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!