How to Become a CNA in Missouri
To become a licensed Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in Missouri the individual must complete a CNA training program that includes a minimum of 75 hours of classroom learning and 100 hours of hands-on clinical skills training in a health care environment (hospital or nursing home). The candidate then must pass a two-part state certification exam demonstrating their knowledge and ability to perform the essential skills required of a CNA.
If the individual has a CNA license in another state and is seeking to obtain license in Missouri they can apply to challenge the exam without completing the typical training course through a process called “reciprocity”. The decision will lay in the hands of the Missouri State Board of Nursing and each case will be handled on an individual basis.
The learning required to become a CNA includes covering topics such as basic nursing skills, safety training, disaster training, patient safety, patient rights, caring for mentally disabled persons suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, providing patient care including daily hygiene and transport. Nurse assistant will be responsible for assisting patients with daily range of motion exercises, measuring the patients intake and output, recording vital signs, logging any changes in patients condition, moving patients from bed to wheelchair and back. The CNA role is a care giver position and they will be charged with taking care of their patients daily needs, because their patients are people who are suffering from disease, injury or illness and cannot care for themselves.
Working as a CNA in Missouri one can expect to earn between $22,000 – $30,000 per year. Exact salary and benefits will vary by employer, location and experience. Most nurse assistants find employment in hospitals, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers or health clinics. CNAs must work under the direct supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in Missouri at all times.
CNA Training Classes in Missouri
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The path to a brighter future isn’t always clear. We face roadblocks and detours. Sometimes, we make a wrong turn and get lost. No matter where you are in your journey, Baker College can help you move forward to a rewarding career.
At Baker College, we know the importance of a quality education. We are regionally accredited with award-winning faculty. We will be there every step of the way so you can get where you’re going.
- Nursing (Post-licensure)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!