How to Become a CNA in Missouri
To become a licensed Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in Missouri the individual must complete a CNA training program that includes a minimum of 75 hours of classroom learning and 100 hours of hands-on clinical skills training in a health care environment (hospital or nursing home). The candidate then must pass a two-part state certification exam demonstrating their knowledge and ability to perform the essential skills required of a CNA.
If the individual has a CNA license in another state and is seeking to obtain license in Missouri they can apply to challenge the exam without completing the typical training course through a process called “reciprocity”. The decision will lay in the hands of the Missouri State Board of Nursing and each case will be handled on an individual basis.
The learning required to become a CNA includes covering topics such as basic nursing skills, safety training, disaster training, patient safety, patient rights, caring for mentally disabled persons suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, providing patient care including daily hygiene and transport. Nurse assistant will be responsible for assisting patients with daily range of motion exercises, measuring the patients intake and output, recording vital signs, logging any changes in patients condition, moving patients from bed to wheelchair and back. The CNA role is a care giver position and they will be charged with taking care of their patients daily needs, because their patients are people who are suffering from disease, injury or illness and cannot care for themselves.
Working as a CNA in Missouri one can expect to earn between $22,000 – $30,000 per year. Exact salary and benefits will vary by employer, location and experience. Most nurse assistants find employment in hospitals, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers or health clinics. CNAs must work under the direct supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in Missouri at all times.
CNA Training Classes in Missouri
- It's never too late for a fresh start. With programs ranging from business administration to HVAC technology, there's an opportunity for you at Bryan University to transform your skills into a career.
- At Bryan University, you'll have access to career services including practice interviews, resume prep, job referrals, and career development classes that can help you along your path to success.
- Here at BU, we supply you with the tools to succeed including access to one of largest online content repositories in the world, so you can use research to gain industry insight.
- With a degree from Bryan University, you'll receive personalized instruction from experienced faculty, course scheduling that fits your life, and career and academic resources to help you succeed.
- Campus locations include Columbia, Rogers, Springfield and Topeka as well as online. Experience the flexibility and hands-on training Bryan University offers and take a step toward your career today!
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Diploma: Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Medical Assisting Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)