How to Become a CNA in Montana
Montana nurse aide training courses are widely available and can be completed in 4-8 weeks. The average cost of CNA training program in Montana is between $400-$1200 including books, tuition and exam fees. Many long-term care facilities and nursing homes will reimburse all licensing expenses in exchange for employment at their facility for a specific period of time (usually one year or less). This is a great way to get free CNA training in Montana.
The nurse aide curriculum focuses on basic medical knowledge and clinical skills. Both aspects will be included on the state exam so it is important to gain a mastery of the concepts and how to perform the work itself. All of the hands-on skills training will be performed in an actual health care facility with real patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
CNA training curriculum will cover the basics of nursing, psychology of aging patients, providing care for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients, infection control practices, wound care, medical charting, range of motion exercises, ambulating and bathing patients, mouth care, assisting with transport of patients to and from hospital bed, measuring vital signs, recording intake and output, etc. There are a lot of tasks for the CNA to perform, but after lots of repetition amongst different patients the skills should become second nature.
Choosing the Right CNA School
With many options to choose from students should do their research and be selective when choosing which Montana CNA program to enroll in. Some factors to consider when choosing a program include: tenure of faculty, graduation rates, state exam pass rates, quality of facilities, reputation and history of program, convenience and practicality, course scheduling and online student reviews. These can all provide great insight into what each program is like, and help students identify a program that suits their needs.
Finding Work as a CNA in Montana
Once education is completed and the individual passes the state exam the next step will be to prepare a resume and begin seeking CNA employment opportunities. The strong demand for health care services keeps the CNA job postings full at most times. Newly licensed CNAs should consider which environment they want to work in (i.e. hospital, nursing homes, rehabilitation facility) to narrow down their job search. It is recommended that you stay in each job for at least two years to show potential employers that you are stable and committed, so it is important that you choose the job that is the best fit for you rather than accepting the first offer you receive.
CNA Training Classes in Montana
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!