How to Become a CNA in Montana
Montana nurse aide training courses are widely available and can be completed in 4-8 weeks. The average cost of CNA training program in Montana is between $400-$1200 including books, tuition and exam fees. Many long-term care facilities and nursing homes will reimburse all licensing expenses in exchange for employment at their facility for a specific period of time (usually one year or less). This is a great way to get free CNA training in Montana.
The nurse aide curriculum focuses on basic medical knowledge and clinical skills. Both aspects will be included on the state exam so it is important to gain a mastery of the concepts and how to perform the work itself. All of the hands-on skills training will be performed in an actual health care facility with real patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
CNA training curriculum will cover the basics of nursing, psychology of aging patients, providing care for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients, infection control practices, wound care, medical charting, range of motion exercises, ambulating and bathing patients, mouth care, assisting with transport of patients to and from hospital bed, measuring vital signs, recording intake and output, etc. There are a lot of tasks for the CNA to perform, but after lots of repetition amongst different patients the skills should become second nature.
Choosing the Right CNA School
With many options to choose from students should do their research and be selective when choosing which Montana CNA program to enroll in. Some factors to consider when choosing a program include: tenure of faculty, graduation rates, state exam pass rates, quality of facilities, reputation and history of program, convenience and practicality, course scheduling and online student reviews. These can all provide great insight into what each program is like, and help students identify a program that suits their needs.
Finding Work as a CNA in Montana
Once education is completed and the individual passes the state exam the next step will be to prepare a resume and begin seeking CNA employment opportunities. The strong demand for health care services keeps the CNA job postings full at most times. Newly licensed CNAs should consider which environment they want to work in (i.e. hospital, nursing homes, rehabilitation facility) to narrow down their job search. It is recommended that you stay in each job for at least two years to show potential employers that you are stable and committed, so it is important that you choose the job that is the best fit for you rather than accepting the first offer you receive.
CNA Training Classes in Montana
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Nursing Completion Program, BS
- Nursing, MSN
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education