How to Become a CNA in Montana
Montana nurse aide training courses are widely available and can be completed in 4-8 weeks. The average cost of CNA training program in Montana is between $400-$1200 including books, tuition and exam fees. Many long-term care facilities and nursing homes will reimburse all licensing expenses in exchange for employment at their facility for a specific period of time (usually one year or less). This is a great way to get free CNA training in Montana.
The nurse aide curriculum focuses on basic medical knowledge and clinical skills. Both aspects will be included on the state exam so it is important to gain a mastery of the concepts and how to perform the work itself. All of the hands-on skills training will be performed in an actual health care facility with real patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
CNA training curriculum will cover the basics of nursing, psychology of aging patients, providing care for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients, infection control practices, wound care, medical charting, range of motion exercises, ambulating and bathing patients, mouth care, assisting with transport of patients to and from hospital bed, measuring vital signs, recording intake and output, etc. There are a lot of tasks for the CNA to perform, but after lots of repetition amongst different patients the skills should become second nature.
Choosing the Right CNA School
With many options to choose from students should do their research and be selective when choosing which Montana CNA program to enroll in. Some factors to consider when choosing a program include: tenure of faculty, graduation rates, state exam pass rates, quality of facilities, reputation and history of program, convenience and practicality, course scheduling and online student reviews. These can all provide great insight into what each program is like, and help students identify a program that suits their needs.
Finding Work as a CNA in Montana
Once education is completed and the individual passes the state exam the next step will be to prepare a resume and begin seeking CNA employment opportunities. The strong demand for health care services keeps the CNA job postings full at most times. Newly licensed CNAs should consider which environment they want to work in (i.e. hospital, nursing homes, rehabilitation facility) to narrow down their job search. It is recommended that you stay in each job for at least two years to show potential employers that you are stable and committed, so it is important that you choose the job that is the best fit for you rather than accepting the first offer you receive.
CNA Training Classes in Montana
- Purdue University Global
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels.
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- Accelerated BSN to MSN
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...