How to Become a CNA in Montana
Montana nurse aide training courses are widely available and can be completed in 4-8 weeks. The average cost of CNA training program in Montana is between $400-$1200 including books, tuition and exam fees. Many long-term care facilities and nursing homes will reimburse all licensing expenses in exchange for employment at their facility for a specific period of time (usually one year or less). This is a great way to get free CNA training in Montana.
The nurse aide curriculum focuses on basic medical knowledge and clinical skills. Both aspects will be included on the state exam so it is important to gain a mastery of the concepts and how to perform the work itself. All of the hands-on skills training will be performed in an actual health care facility with real patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
CNA training curriculum will cover the basics of nursing, psychology of aging patients, providing care for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients, infection control practices, wound care, medical charting, range of motion exercises, ambulating and bathing patients, mouth care, assisting with transport of patients to and from hospital bed, measuring vital signs, recording intake and output, etc. There are a lot of tasks for the CNA to perform, but after lots of repetition amongst different patients the skills should become second nature.
Choosing the Right CNA School
With many options to choose from students should do their research and be selective when choosing which Montana CNA program to enroll in. Some factors to consider when choosing a program include: tenure of faculty, graduation rates, state exam pass rates, quality of facilities, reputation and history of program, convenience and practicality, course scheduling and online student reviews. These can all provide great insight into what each program is like, and help students identify a program that suits their needs.
Finding Work as a CNA in Montana
Once education is completed and the individual passes the state exam the next step will be to prepare a resume and begin seeking CNA employment opportunities. The strong demand for health care services keeps the CNA job postings full at most times. Newly licensed CNAs should consider which environment they want to work in (i.e. hospital, nursing homes, rehabilitation facility) to narrow down their job search. It is recommended that you stay in each job for at least two years to show potential employers that you are stable and committed, so it is important that you choose the job that is the best fit for you rather than accepting the first offer you receive.
CNA Training Classes in Montana
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology: Non-Licensure Track
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration