How to Become a CNA in Montana
Montana nurse aide training courses are widely available and can be completed in 4-8 weeks. The average cost of CNA training program in Montana is between $400-$1200 including books, tuition and exam fees. Many long-term care facilities and nursing homes will reimburse all licensing expenses in exchange for employment at their facility for a specific period of time (usually one year or less). This is a great way to get free CNA training in Montana.
The nurse aide curriculum focuses on basic medical knowledge and clinical skills. Both aspects will be included on the state exam so it is important to gain a mastery of the concepts and how to perform the work itself. All of the hands-on skills training will be performed in an actual health care facility with real patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
CNA training curriculum will cover the basics of nursing, psychology of aging patients, providing care for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients, infection control practices, wound care, medical charting, range of motion exercises, ambulating and bathing patients, mouth care, assisting with transport of patients to and from hospital bed, measuring vital signs, recording intake and output, etc. There are a lot of tasks for the CNA to perform, but after lots of repetition amongst different patients the skills should become second nature.
Choosing the Right CNA School
With many options to choose from students should do their research and be selective when choosing which Montana CNA program to enroll in. Some factors to consider when choosing a program include: tenure of faculty, graduation rates, state exam pass rates, quality of facilities, reputation and history of program, convenience and practicality, course scheduling and online student reviews. These can all provide great insight into what each program is like, and help students identify a program that suits their needs.
Finding Work as a CNA in Montana
Once education is completed and the individual passes the state exam the next step will be to prepare a resume and begin seeking CNA employment opportunities. The strong demand for health care services keeps the CNA job postings full at most times. Newly licensed CNAs should consider which environment they want to work in (i.e. hospital, nursing homes, rehabilitation facility) to narrow down their job search. It is recommended that you stay in each job for at least two years to show potential employers that you are stable and committed, so it is important that you choose the job that is the best fit for you rather than accepting the first offer you receive.
CNA Training Classes in Montana
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education