How to Become a CNA in Nebraska
The minimum number of training hours required to become a CNA in Nebraska is 75 and any state approved training program should include at least this many hours of classroom lecture and clinical skills training. If you already have a CNA license from another state you can apply for a CNA license in Nebraska via reciprocity. Applicants must be at least 16 years old and have a clean background to be considered for inclusion on the Nebraska nurse aide registry. Beyond that, an education course and competency evaluation (known as CNA certification exam) must also be completed.
Being a nurse aide in Nebraska can open doors to many other possibilities in the health care field. Most nursing assistants find employment in long term care facilities or nursing homes, which are becoming a booming business with the growing elderly population in the U.S. and Nebraska. Gaining quality experience working as a nurse aide in these types of facilities can prepare the individual for other career opportunities in long term care such as becoming a claims adjuster, hospital liaison, nursing home administrator, Registered Nurse, front desk receptionist, staff nurse, nursing home inspector or many other positions. Most of the more advanced career positions will require additional education, training and possibly licensing depending on the role.
The typical CNA training curriculum includes course work on infection control, basic patient care such as dressing, bathing, ambulating, assisting with movement, assisting with transitions from bed to wheelchair, calculating intake and output, as well as measuring vital signs. A large part of the CNA job description includes keeping accurate records of patient condition, and any changes that occur. Properly documenting patients behaviors help the supervising doctors and nurses make better decisions regarding each patients treatment plan, prescription medications and other important health care decisions.
All CNA training programs in Nebraska should include hands-on clinical skills training in an actual health care environment such as a hospital or nursing home. This preparation is essential to the nurse aide candidate’s future success taking the certification exam and then performing well in their new position. There are 25 basic skills required of a CNA and any of these skills might be tested during the state exam, so students should be prepared to perform any of the required skills at the drop of a dime.
CNA training courses offered online can be highly convenient for students who live in rural areas of Nebraska or who have transportation difficulties or hectic schedules. The hands-on training will still be required to be performed at an actual facility, but all of the classroom hours can be completed online, from the comfort of your home and on a flexible schedule. Many accredited online colleges and universities offer CNA training for Nebraska students, and these schools are listed below.
CNA Training Classes in Nebraska
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- Ph.D. in Psychology - Forensic Psychology
- M.S. in Forensic Psychology - Psychology and Legal Systems
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)