How to Become a CNA in Nevada
To become a CNA in Nevada you must start to finding and enrolling in a CNA training program. This page lists all Nevada state approved programs for CNA training and education. We also provide a list of online schools that offer CNA training online for students in Nevada. Most programs take between 4-6 weeks to complete and cost around $600-$1200 for tuition, books and course materials.
CNA classes are designed to prepare the student to perform all of the essential skills required of a CNA. Nursing assistants provide direct care to patients, usually in a long-term care facility, nursing home, hospital or rehabilitation center. Doctors and registered nurses rely heavily on the nurse aides to fulfill their job requirements and be a strong contributing factor within a team of health care providers.
To become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Nevada one must be competent in the following skills: measuring and recording accurate vital signs, assistance with basic daily hygiene and personal care including nail care, mouth care, hair care, bathing and applying topical ointments or medications. They must be able to assist patients with dressing, intake and output, ambulating, moving from bed to wheelchair or turning over in bed, collecting non-invasive specimens and maintaining mental health.
Training to become a CNA will consist of a combination of classroom learning and hands-on clinical skills training in an actual medical facility under the supervision of an experienced Registered Nurse (RN). The Nevada certification exam will include both components as well, so students should be well versed in health care lingo and should be able to demonstrate any of the 25 basic CNA skills when called upon.
CNA Training Classes in Nevada
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Practical Nursing
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- BA in Health Education
- BA in Health and Wellness