How to Become a CNA in Nevada
To become a CNA in Nevada you must start to finding and enrolling in a CNA training program. This page lists all Nevada state approved programs for CNA training and education. We also provide a list of online schools that offer CNA training online for students in Nevada. Most programs take between 4-6 weeks to complete and cost around $600-$1200 for tuition, books and course materials.
CNA classes are designed to prepare the student to perform all of the essential skills required of a CNA. Nursing assistants provide direct care to patients, usually in a long-term care facility, nursing home, hospital or rehabilitation center. Doctors and registered nurses rely heavily on the nurse aides to fulfill their job requirements and be a strong contributing factor within a team of health care providers.
To become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Nevada one must be competent in the following skills: measuring and recording accurate vital signs, assistance with basic daily hygiene and personal care including nail care, mouth care, hair care, bathing and applying topical ointments or medications. They must be able to assist patients with dressing, intake and output, ambulating, moving from bed to wheelchair or turning over in bed, collecting non-invasive specimens and maintaining mental health.
Training to become a CNA will consist of a combination of classroom learning and hands-on clinical skills training in an actual medical facility under the supervision of an experienced Registered Nurse (RN). The Nevada certification exam will include both components as well, so students should be well versed in health care lingo and should be able to demonstrate any of the 25 basic CNA skills when called upon.
CNA Training Classes in Nevada
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education