How to Become a CNA in Nevada
To become a CNA in Nevada you must start to finding and enrolling in a CNA training program. This page lists all Nevada state approved programs for CNA training and education. We also provide a list of online schools that offer CNA training online for students in Nevada. Most programs take between 4-6 weeks to complete and cost around $600-$1200 for tuition, books and course materials.
CNA classes are designed to prepare the student to perform all of the essential skills required of a CNA. Nursing assistants provide direct care to patients, usually in a long-term care facility, nursing home, hospital or rehabilitation center. Doctors and registered nurses rely heavily on the nurse aides to fulfill their job requirements and be a strong contributing factor within a team of health care providers.
To become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Nevada one must be competent in the following skills: measuring and recording accurate vital signs, assistance with basic daily hygiene and personal care including nail care, mouth care, hair care, bathing and applying topical ointments or medications. They must be able to assist patients with dressing, intake and output, ambulating, moving from bed to wheelchair or turning over in bed, collecting non-invasive specimens and maintaining mental health.
Training to become a CNA will consist of a combination of classroom learning and hands-on clinical skills training in an actual medical facility under the supervision of an experienced Registered Nurse (RN). The Nevada certification exam will include both components as well, so students should be well versed in health care lingo and should be able to demonstrate any of the 25 basic CNA skills when called upon.
CNA Training Classes in Nevada
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Medical Assisting
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education