How to Become a CNA in Nevada
To become a CNA in Nevada you must start to finding and enrolling in a CNA training program. This page lists all Nevada state approved programs for CNA training and education. We also provide a list of online schools that offer CNA training online for students in Nevada. Most programs take between 4-6 weeks to complete and cost around $600-$1200 for tuition, books and course materials.
CNA classes are designed to prepare the student to perform all of the essential skills required of a CNA. Nursing assistants provide direct care to patients, usually in a long-term care facility, nursing home, hospital or rehabilitation center. Doctors and registered nurses rely heavily on the nurse aides to fulfill their job requirements and be a strong contributing factor within a team of health care providers.
To become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Nevada one must be competent in the following skills: measuring and recording accurate vital signs, assistance with basic daily hygiene and personal care including nail care, mouth care, hair care, bathing and applying topical ointments or medications. They must be able to assist patients with dressing, intake and output, ambulating, moving from bed to wheelchair or turning over in bed, collecting non-invasive specimens and maintaining mental health.
Training to become a CNA will consist of a combination of classroom learning and hands-on clinical skills training in an actual medical facility under the supervision of an experienced Registered Nurse (RN). The Nevada certification exam will include both components as well, so students should be well versed in health care lingo and should be able to demonstrate any of the 25 basic CNA skills when called upon.
CNA Training Classes in Nevada
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)