How to Become a CNA in New Hampshire
Just like other states, CNA candidates in New Hampshire will be required to take an approved education program, pass a state certification exam and apply to be included on the NH nurse aide registry list. Training requirements in New Hampshire adhere to the guidelines set forth in Nur 704.11 and any program that meets or exceeds these requirement should be acceptable to the New Hampshire Board of Nursing.
The state certification exam includes two components: a written multiple choice section where the student must attain at least 70% correct to achieve a passing score. The second part is a hands-on skills assessment where 5 CNA skills will be randomly chosen by the instructor and must be properly demonstrated by the student in order to pass the exam. Supervising instructors should be licensed Registered Nurses and must fill out an application and gain approval prior to acting in the role.
Typical coursework for a nurse aide education program will include instruction on infection control, basic nursing principles, safety and emergency procedures, communication skills, measuring and recording changes in patients condition, monitoring patients reactions to changes in treatment or environment, feeding techniques, bathing techniques, and learning to assist patients with transport and range of motion exercises. There are specific ways in which these procedures are suppose to be performed and that is the purpose of the CNA training course; to prepare the student for the certification exam and the work that will be required when they start their first CNA job.
Most CNAs will be taking care of multiple bedridden patients at one time, and must help their patients maintain cleanliness and health while they recover from their injury or illness. This is not an easy job, but demand for quality nurse aides is high and is projected to continue to grow for the next decade. Nurse aides working in New Hampshire can expect to make an average salary of $26,000 per year depending on experience, education, location and employer.
CNA Training Classes in New Hampshire
- Professional Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)