How to Become a CNA in New Hampshire
Just like other states, CNA candidates in New Hampshire will be required to take an approved education program, pass a state certification exam and apply to be included on the NH nurse aide registry list. Training requirements in New Hampshire adhere to the guidelines set forth in Nur 704.11 and any program that meets or exceeds these requirement should be acceptable to the New Hampshire Board of Nursing.
The state certification exam includes two components: a written multiple choice section where the student must attain at least 70% correct to achieve a passing score. The second part is a hands-on skills assessment where 5 CNA skills will be randomly chosen by the instructor and must be properly demonstrated by the student in order to pass the exam. Supervising instructors should be licensed Registered Nurses and must fill out an application and gain approval prior to acting in the role.
Typical coursework for a nurse aide education program will include instruction on infection control, basic nursing principles, safety and emergency procedures, communication skills, measuring and recording changes in patients condition, monitoring patients reactions to changes in treatment or environment, feeding techniques, bathing techniques, and learning to assist patients with transport and range of motion exercises. There are specific ways in which these procedures are suppose to be performed and that is the purpose of the CNA training course; to prepare the student for the certification exam and the work that will be required when they start their first CNA job.
Most CNAs will be taking care of multiple bedridden patients at one time, and must help their patients maintain cleanliness and health while they recover from their injury or illness. This is not an easy job, but demand for quality nurse aides is high and is projected to continue to grow for the next decade. Nurse aides working in New Hampshire can expect to make an average salary of $26,000 per year depending on experience, education, location and employer.
CNA Training Classes in New Hampshire
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Professional Medical Assistant