How to Become a CNA in North Carolina
A Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, does her work under the supervision of other nurses and licensed medical professionals. They work behind the scenes helping improve patients’ lives.
You must complete a a state approved education program training in general nursing skills. The topics covered will include patient’s rights, basic diagnostic skills and emergency care. You will need to be knowledgeable about infection control and have CPR training. The minimum training time includes at least 16 clinical and 16 classroom hours with a combined total of 75 hours. The coursework may be from a correspondence school, online or local school as well as sponsored by an employer. If the coursework is considered certified, you will be considered to be a CNA.
CNA Certification and License Process
You will require a high school diploma to be accepted into a program and the program must be an accredited nursing assistant program. This will ensure that you will be trained properly and are familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
CNA Job Duties
The CNA is a vital member of the healthcare team and will be responsible with a variety of different tasks that will likely change on a day to day basis according to the needs of each patient. One layer of care will be the attention to the patient’s room for the optimal patient comfort. It must remain clean, disinfected and kept sanitary at all times.
Many work in a long term care facility or a nursing home. Here, they provide basic direct patient care in order to assist with all daily living activities. CNAs are expected to take vital signs, keep daily records along with assisting with basic necessities and patient grooming.
Help with the daily living activities will be ongoing both day and night. Patients will require help with eating, bathing, dressing, brushing their teeth and using the restroom. You will be the one to take up the stool and urine samples. These are often necessary for certain tests requested by physicians or laboratory technicians.
Periodically, you will be called upon to lift or move patients from their beds to wheelchairs or other portable equipment for transportation. CNAs with home health care actually will assist the client with light housework and meal preparation.
North Carolina CNA Job Outlook
It is the CNA who will be providing round the clock assistance for the personal care of the patient. There is a strong employment outlook for the future. The baby boomers are aging and will eventually be unable to meet their own daily personal needs.
There will be critical roles to fill in various medical communities as well as nursing homes, hospitals and residential care facilities. Rehabilitation centers and home health services will also be looking for more.
CNA Salaries in North Carolina
Variations on salary can depend on population size to the general competitiveness in the target market.The salary in North Carolina ranges from around $18,000 to around $24,000 per year. Keep your eye on the nursing facilities, they will often provide free training.
Patients love being greeted with a smile and friendly conversation. CNAs provide the much needed interaction. Their work with patients daily offer great emotional and physical support for the patients.
The lure of the healthcare field continues. The certified nursing assistants, or CNAs, are needed more than ever in North Carolina. As you gather more experience, you can apply for positions with more responsibilities and increased pay in hospitals, government agencies, schools or private companies. These employers are happy to pay more based on experience, offer many benefits as well as flexible schedules.
CNA Training Classes in North Carolina
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Dental Assistant Diploma
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte College!
- Business Administration
- Allied Health Management
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Veterinary Technician
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- IT Support Specialist
Miller-Motte College has eleven convenient locations so you can get the training to start or advance your career. We’re located in:
- Augusta, GA
- Charleston, SC
- Chattanooga, TN
- Columbus, GA
- Conway, SC
- Fayetteville, NC
- Jacksonville, NC
- Macon, GA
- Raleigh, NC
- Wilmington, NC
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!