How to Become a CNA in North Carolina
A Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, does her work under the supervision of other nurses and licensed medical professionals. They work behind the scenes helping improve patients’ lives.
You must complete a a state approved education program training in general nursing skills. The topics covered will include patient’s rights, basic diagnostic skills and emergency care. You will need to be knowledgeable about infection control and have CPR training. The minimum training time includes at least 16 clinical and 16 classroom hours with a combined total of 75 hours. The coursework may be from a correspondence school, online or local school as well as sponsored by an employer. If the coursework is considered certified, you will be considered to be a CNA.
CNA Certification and License Process
You will require a high school diploma to be accepted into a program and the program must be an accredited nursing assistant program. This will ensure that you will be trained properly and are familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
CNA Job Duties
The CNA is a vital member of the healthcare team and will be responsible with a variety of different tasks that will likely change on a day to day basis according to the needs of each patient. One layer of care will be the attention to the patient’s room for the optimal patient comfort. It must remain clean, disinfected and kept sanitary at all times.
Many work in a long term care facility or a nursing home. Here, they provide basic direct patient care in order to assist with all daily living activities. CNAs are expected to take vital signs, keep daily records along with assisting with basic necessities and patient grooming.
Help with the daily living activities will be ongoing both day and night. Patients will require help with eating, bathing, dressing, brushing their teeth and using the restroom. You will be the one to take up the stool and urine samples. These are often necessary for certain tests requested by physicians or laboratory technicians.
Periodically, you will be called upon to lift or move patients from their beds to wheelchairs or other portable equipment for transportation. CNAs with home health care actually will assist the client with light housework and meal preparation.
North Carolina CNA Job Outlook
It is the CNA who will be providing round the clock assistance for the personal care of the patient. There is a strong employment outlook for the future. The baby boomers are aging and will eventually be unable to meet their own daily personal needs.
There will be critical roles to fill in various medical communities as well as nursing homes, hospitals and residential care facilities. Rehabilitation centers and home health services will also be looking for more.
CNA Salaries in North Carolina
Variations on salary can depend on population size to the general competitiveness in the target market.The salary in North Carolina ranges from around $18,000 to around $24,000 per year. Keep your eye on the nursing facilities, they will often provide free training.
Patients love being greeted with a smile and friendly conversation. CNAs provide the much needed interaction. Their work with patients daily offer great emotional and physical support for the patients.
The lure of the healthcare field continues. The certified nursing assistants, or CNAs, are needed more than ever in North Carolina. As you gather more experience, you can apply for positions with more responsibilities and increased pay in hospitals, government agencies, schools or private companies. These employers are happy to pay more based on experience, offer many benefits as well as flexible schedules.
CNA Training Classes in North Carolina
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- And more...
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller- Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)