How to Become a CNA in South Dakota
Students interested in becoming a CNA in South Dakota will start by making sure they meet certain minimum guidelines. The applicant must have a clean and clear criminal background history, be at least eighteen years of age, possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree. The individual must also have a strong passion for providing care for others. The CNA is charged with providing direct care for patients who are ill, diseased or injured. Certified Nursing Assistants work on the front lines of health care and must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
Once the above items have been checked off your list you can begin considering individual training schools or institutions. This page lists all state approved schools and training courses throughout South Dakota and online. A good way to decide between different schools is by comparing online peer reviews, graduation rates, job placement and state exam pass rates. Schools with a poor track record of success amongst their graduates are not likely to be a good fit.
The CNA training curriculum must be at least 75 hours in South Dakota and must provide students with the necessary skills they need to perform the job duties and functions of a nursing assistant. Clinical skills must be practiced and tested in a real health care environment such as a nursing home or hospital before the person can become licensed to work as a CNA. There is no room for error on the clinical skills portion of the state CNA certification exam; failing to perform any one of the requested skills will result in a failing grade on the entire exam.
Nursing home based programs can be appealing because the cost of tuition is usually covered by the facility in exchange for a period of employment once licensed. Other schools might offer more job flexibility by not requiring employment upon completion and by possibly having a job placement program in place to help recent graduates find the best employment opportunities. Typical tuition costs for CNA training in South Dakota will range between $500-$1500 depending on the institution.
CNA Training Classes in South Dakota
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education