How to Become a CNA in South Dakota
Students interested in becoming a CNA in South Dakota will start by making sure they meet certain minimum guidelines. The applicant must have a clean and clear criminal background history, be at least eighteen years of age, possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree. The individual must also have a strong passion for providing care for others. The CNA is charged with providing direct care for patients who are ill, diseased or injured. Certified Nursing Assistants work on the front lines of health care and must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
Once the above items have been checked off your list you can begin considering individual training schools or institutions. This page lists all state approved schools and training courses throughout South Dakota and online. A good way to decide between different schools is by comparing online peer reviews, graduation rates, job placement and state exam pass rates. Schools with a poor track record of success amongst their graduates are not likely to be a good fit.
The CNA training curriculum must be at least 75 hours in South Dakota and must provide students with the necessary skills they need to perform the job duties and functions of a nursing assistant. Clinical skills must be practiced and tested in a real health care environment such as a nursing home or hospital before the person can become licensed to work as a CNA. There is no room for error on the clinical skills portion of the state CNA certification exam; failing to perform any one of the requested skills will result in a failing grade on the entire exam.
Nursing home based programs can be appealing because the cost of tuition is usually covered by the facility in exchange for a period of employment once licensed. Other schools might offer more job flexibility by not requiring employment upon completion and by possibly having a job placement program in place to help recent graduates find the best employment opportunities. Typical tuition costs for CNA training in South Dakota will range between $500-$1500 depending on the institution.
CNA Training Classes in South Dakota
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner