How to Become a CNA in South Dakota
Students interested in becoming a CNA in South Dakota will start by making sure they meet certain minimum guidelines. The applicant must have a clean and clear criminal background history, be at least eighteen years of age, possess a high school diploma or equivalent degree. The individual must also have a strong passion for providing care for others. The CNA is charged with providing direct care for patients who are ill, diseased or injured. Certified Nursing Assistants work on the front lines of health care and must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
Once the above items have been checked off your list you can begin considering individual training schools or institutions. This page lists all state approved schools and training courses throughout South Dakota and online. A good way to decide between different schools is by comparing online peer reviews, graduation rates, job placement and state exam pass rates. Schools with a poor track record of success amongst their graduates are not likely to be a good fit.
The CNA training curriculum must be at least 75 hours in South Dakota and must provide students with the necessary skills they need to perform the job duties and functions of a nursing assistant. Clinical skills must be practiced and tested in a real health care environment such as a nursing home or hospital before the person can become licensed to work as a CNA. There is no room for error on the clinical skills portion of the state CNA certification exam; failing to perform any one of the requested skills will result in a failing grade on the entire exam.
Nursing home based programs can be appealing because the cost of tuition is usually covered by the facility in exchange for a period of employment once licensed. Other schools might offer more job flexibility by not requiring employment upon completion and by possibly having a job placement program in place to help recent graduates find the best employment opportunities. Typical tuition costs for CNA training in South Dakota will range between $500-$1500 depending on the institution.
CNA Training Classes in South Dakota
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!