How to Become a CNA in Wyoming
The field of nursing offers several career opportunities and certified nursing assistant (CNA) is one of them. CNAs are trained to assist nurses in the day to day care of patients, mostly in long term care facilities. Some nurses get their start working as CNAs while pursuing a nursing degree and many nurses find taking this route enhances their nursing career.
The need for qualified CNAs will continue to outpace supply as CNAs tend to move onto to nursing careers and the population continues to experience longevity. CNA candidates are required to complete a CNA training program approved by the Wyoming Board of Nursing (WBON) and pass a state mandate exam to demonstrate competency in order to become licensed. Candidates have up to one year from completing the training program to take the exam.
Training programs include class work and clinical training. Class work includes infection control, effective communication, medical terminology, patient’s rights, reporting and basic patient care. Students will also participate in a 40 hour clinical training program at a long term care facility.
After completing the CNA training program candidates are required to become licensed. The Wyoming Chapter of the American Red Cross administers the exam and candidates must apply to the Red Cross. Exam applicants are required to complete a criminal background and fingerprint check before taking the exam. Graduates of an approved program may apply for a temporary work permit to allow CNAs to begin employment while in the exam process. The permit is valid for 120 days and become invalid when the candidate takes the exam. If the candidate fails the exam, the temporary permit cannot be renewed.
CNA licenses expire on 31 December of every year and subject to renewal. CNAs are required to complete a minimum of 16 hours of employment as a CNA and 24 hours of in-service education hours every renewal period.
CNAs typically find employment in hospitals and nursing homes, assisted care facilities, group homes, day surgery centers, doctor’s office and with visiting nurse and hospice organizations. CNAs can also find employment in private home care opportunities, must CNAs must work with a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN) and that nurse must be available by telephone at all times, if they are not located on site.
The average CNA salary in Wyoming is $30,000 annually. The starting salary is about $22,000 and CNAs can top out at $44,000 annually with longevity. CNAs may also increase their salary by pursuing advanced CNA training programs and taking on greater responsibility. The actual salary depends on the cost of living in a particular geographic location, years of experience and type of facility where employed.
CNAs perform a variety of tasks including bathing, toileting, feeding, and dressing and undressing, transfer from bed to chair and chair to bed and escorting to activities, events and appointments around the facility.
CNA Training Classes in Wyoming
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Medical Assisting
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education