Training Programs to Become an LPN in Alabama
Raking in a median salary of $37,124 per year according to 2012 salary data, LPNs in Alabama are making decent wages.
With many states and municipalities reporting nursing shortages and strong demand for health care professionals, becoming an LPN seems to be a recession-proof career move.
Training requirements to become a licensed practical nurse in Alabama are in line with most other state’s standards, requiring completion of either a one-year practical nursing education course or a two-year ADN program with a concentration in practical nursing. Upon successful completion of a state-approved prerequisite education program the applicant can make application for the NCLEX-PN exam to become licensed to practice in Alabama.
Typical coursework for an ADN program includes classes such as Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Humanities and Mathematics. Mobility programs are often available for those interested in preparing for further nursing education to become a Registered Nurse. These programs will include additional coursework to lay the ground for completion of a future RN program.
Associate’s level programs can be found at many Alabama community colleges, four-year universities and trade schools. Many colleges offer online LPN training to serve students who might reside in remote areas or prefer learning from the comfort of their home, or have full-time work schedules to accommodate.
Many professionals recommend the LPN career as an excellent starting point for a career in health care. Working as an LPN will afford the individual a great range of experience. While performing the duties of an LPN, one will gain exposure to a variety of health care environments and have the opportunity to work alongside doctors, nurses and specialists.
LPN Training Classes in Alabama
IWU's online degree programs are completely online, eliminating the commute and classroom lectures from your day. Because you decide when to study, in most cases you are free to complete the 12 to 15 hours course commitment per week at your own pace and in the learning style that is best for you.
Where Is Indiana Wesleyan University?
Indiana Wesleyan University is located in Marion, Indiana. As an online student attending Indiana Wesleyan University Online, you may or may not have to visit Indiana Wesleyan University’s campus.
- M.S. Nursing - Psychiatric Mental Health
- M.S. Nursing and Master of Business Administration
- M.S. Nursing - Primary Care
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting / Medical Assisting Specialist
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
List of Approved AL Practical Nursing Schools
P.O. Box 2000
Thomasville, AL 36784
1411 Indiana Ave.
Jasper, AL 35501
205-387-0511 ext. 5740
1365 Martin Luther King Drive
Mobile, AL 36603
P.O. Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609
34091 US Highway 280
Childersburg, AL 35044
256-378-5576, ext. 6581
2602 College Drive
Phenix City, AL 36869
3421 Meridian Street North
Huntsville, AL 35811
1900 U.S. Highway 31 South Bay
Minette, AL 36507
100 London Pky, Suite 150
Birmingham, AL 35211
P.O. Box 227
Gadsden, AL 35902
280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35209
3060 Wilson Rd. S.W.
Birmingham, AL 35221
205-428-6391, ext. 305
P.O. Drawer 910
Opp, AL 36467
334-493-3573, ext. 275
P.O. Box 159
Rainsville, AL 35986
256-228-6001, ext 316
P.O. Box 2545
Muscle Shoals, AL 35662
100 Highway 83
Evergreen, AL 36401
251-578-1313, ext. 124
9500 Old Greensboro Road
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
1701 LaFayette Pkwy
Opelika, AL 36801
334-745-6437, ext. 5510
P.O. Box 10048
Montgomery, AL 36108
1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan, AL 36303
334-983-3521, ext. 332
P.O. Box 2000
Hanceville, AL 35077
P.O. Box 2530
Selma, AL 36702