Training Programs to Become an LPN in Alabama
Raking in a median salary of $37,124 per year according to 2012 salary data, LPNs in Alabama are making decent wages.
With many states and municipalities reporting nursing shortages and strong demand for health care professionals, becoming an LPN seems to be a recession-proof career move.
Training requirements to become a licensed practical nurse in Alabama are in line with most other state’s standards, requiring completion of either a one-year practical nursing education course or a two-year ADN program with a concentration in practical nursing. Upon successful completion of a state-approved prerequisite education program the applicant can make application for the NCLEX-PN exam to become licensed to practice in Alabama.
Typical coursework for an ADN program includes classes such as Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Humanities and Mathematics. Mobility programs are often available for those interested in preparing for further nursing education to become a Registered Nurse. These programs will include additional coursework to lay the ground for completion of a future RN program.
Associate’s level programs can be found at many Alabama community colleges, four-year universities and trade schools. Many colleges offer online LPN training to serve students who might reside in remote areas or prefer learning from the comfort of their home, or have full-time work schedules to accommodate.
Many professionals recommend the LPN career as an excellent starting point for a career in health care. Working as an LPN will afford the individual a great range of experience. While performing the duties of an LPN, one will gain exposure to a variety of health care environments and have the opportunity to work alongside doctors, nurses and specialists.
LPN Training Classes in Alabama
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting / Medical Assisting Specialist
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Certificate
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
List of Approved AL Practical Nursing Schools
P.O. Box 2000
Thomasville, AL 36784
1411 Indiana Ave.
Jasper, AL 35501
205-387-0511 ext. 5740
1365 Martin Luther King Drive
Mobile, AL 36603
P.O. Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609
34091 US Highway 280
Childersburg, AL 35044
256-378-5576, ext. 6581
2602 College Drive
Phenix City, AL 36869
3421 Meridian Street North
Huntsville, AL 35811
1900 U.S. Highway 31 South Bay
Minette, AL 36507
100 London Pky, Suite 150
Birmingham, AL 35211
P.O. Box 227
Gadsden, AL 35902
280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35209
3060 Wilson Rd. S.W.
Birmingham, AL 35221
205-428-6391, ext. 305
P.O. Drawer 910
Opp, AL 36467
334-493-3573, ext. 275
P.O. Box 159
Rainsville, AL 35986
256-228-6001, ext 316
P.O. Box 2545
Muscle Shoals, AL 35662
100 Highway 83
Evergreen, AL 36401
251-578-1313, ext. 124
9500 Old Greensboro Road
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
1701 LaFayette Pkwy
Opelika, AL 36801
334-745-6437, ext. 5510
P.O. Box 10048
Montgomery, AL 36108
1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan, AL 36303
334-983-3521, ext. 332
P.O. Box 2000
Hanceville, AL 35077
P.O. Box 2530
Selma, AL 36702