Training Programs to Become an LPN in Alabama
Raking in a median salary of $37,124 per year according to 2012 salary data, LPNs in Alabama are making decent wages.
With many states and municipalities reporting nursing shortages and strong demand for health care professionals, becoming an LPN seems to be a recession-proof career move.
Training requirements to become a licensed practical nurse in Alabama are in line with most other state’s standards, requiring completion of either a one-year practical nursing education course or a two-year ADN program with a concentration in practical nursing. Upon successful completion of a state-approved prerequisite education program the applicant can make application for the NCLEX-PN exam to become licensed to practice in Alabama.
Typical coursework for an ADN program includes classes such as Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Humanities and Mathematics. Mobility programs are often available for those interested in preparing for further nursing education to become a Registered Nurse. These programs will include additional coursework to lay the ground for completion of a future RN program.
Associate’s level programs can be found at many Alabama community colleges, four-year universities and trade schools. Many colleges offer online LPN training to serve students who might reside in remote areas or prefer learning from the comfort of their home, or have full-time work schedules to accommodate.
Many professionals recommend the LPN career as an excellent starting point for a career in health care. Working as an LPN will afford the individual a great range of experience. While performing the duties of an LPN, one will gain exposure to a variety of health care environments and have the opportunity to work alongside doctors, nurses and specialists.
LPN Training Classes in Alabama
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
List of Approved AL Practical Nursing Schools
P.O. Box 2000
Thomasville, AL 36784
1411 Indiana Ave.
Jasper, AL 35501
205-387-0511 ext. 5740
1365 Martin Luther King Drive
Mobile, AL 36603
P.O. Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609
34091 US Highway 280
Childersburg, AL 35044
256-378-5576, ext. 6581
2602 College Drive
Phenix City, AL 36869
3421 Meridian Street North
Huntsville, AL 35811
1900 U.S. Highway 31 South Bay
Minette, AL 36507
100 London Pky, Suite 150
Birmingham, AL 35211
P.O. Box 227
Gadsden, AL 35902
280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35209
3060 Wilson Rd. S.W.
Birmingham, AL 35221
205-428-6391, ext. 305
P.O. Drawer 910
Opp, AL 36467
334-493-3573, ext. 275
P.O. Box 159
Rainsville, AL 35986
256-228-6001, ext 316
P.O. Box 2545
Muscle Shoals, AL 35662
100 Highway 83
Evergreen, AL 36401
251-578-1313, ext. 124
9500 Old Greensboro Road
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
1701 LaFayette Pkwy
Opelika, AL 36801
334-745-6437, ext. 5510
P.O. Box 10048
Montgomery, AL 36108
1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan, AL 36303
334-983-3521, ext. 332
P.O. Box 2000
Hanceville, AL 35077
P.O. Box 2530
Selma, AL 36702