Training Programs to Become an LPN in Alabama
Raking in a median salary of $37,124 per year according to 2012 salary data, LPNs in Alabama are making decent wages.
With many states and municipalities reporting nursing shortages and strong demand for health care professionals, becoming an LPN seems to be a recession-proof career move.
Training requirements to become a licensed practical nurse in Alabama are in line with most other state’s standards, requiring completion of either a one-year practical nursing education course or a two-year ADN program with a concentration in practical nursing. Upon successful completion of a state-approved prerequisite education program the applicant can make application for the NCLEX-PN exam to become licensed to practice in Alabama.
Typical coursework for an ADN program includes classes such as Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Humanities and Mathematics. Mobility programs are often available for those interested in preparing for further nursing education to become a Registered Nurse. These programs will include additional coursework to lay the ground for completion of a future RN program.
Associate’s level programs can be found at many Alabama community colleges, four-year universities and trade schools. Many colleges offer online LPN training to serve students who might reside in remote areas or prefer learning from the comfort of their home, or have full-time work schedules to accommodate.
Many professionals recommend the LPN career as an excellent starting point for a career in health care. Working as an LPN will afford the individual a great range of experience. While performing the duties of an LPN, one will gain exposure to a variety of health care environments and have the opportunity to work alongside doctors, nurses and specialists.
LPN Training Classes in Alabama
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Health Science
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
List of Approved AL Practical Nursing Schools
P.O. Box 2000
Thomasville, AL 36784
1411 Indiana Ave.
Jasper, AL 35501
205-387-0511 ext. 5740
1365 Martin Luther King Drive
Mobile, AL 36603
P.O. Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609
34091 US Highway 280
Childersburg, AL 35044
256-378-5576, ext. 6581
2602 College Drive
Phenix City, AL 36869
3421 Meridian Street North
Huntsville, AL 35811
1900 U.S. Highway 31 South Bay
Minette, AL 36507
100 London Pky, Suite 150
Birmingham, AL 35211
P.O. Box 227
Gadsden, AL 35902
280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35209
3060 Wilson Rd. S.W.
Birmingham, AL 35221
205-428-6391, ext. 305
P.O. Drawer 910
Opp, AL 36467
334-493-3573, ext. 275
P.O. Box 159
Rainsville, AL 35986
256-228-6001, ext 316
P.O. Box 2545
Muscle Shoals, AL 35662
100 Highway 83
Evergreen, AL 36401
251-578-1313, ext. 124
9500 Old Greensboro Road
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
1701 LaFayette Pkwy
Opelika, AL 36801
334-745-6437, ext. 5510
P.O. Box 10048
Montgomery, AL 36108
1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan, AL 36303
334-983-3521, ext. 332
P.O. Box 2000
Hanceville, AL 35077
P.O. Box 2530
Selma, AL 36702