Training Programs to Become an LPN in Alabama
Raking in a median salary of $37,124 per year according to 2012 salary data, LPNs in Alabama are making decent wages.
With many states and municipalities reporting nursing shortages and strong demand for health care professionals, becoming an LPN seems to be a recession-proof career move.
Training requirements to become a licensed practical nurse in Alabama are in line with most other state’s standards, requiring completion of either a one-year practical nursing education course or a two-year ADN program with a concentration in practical nursing. Upon successful completion of a state-approved prerequisite education program the applicant can make application for the NCLEX-PN exam to become licensed to practice in Alabama.
Typical coursework for an ADN program includes classes such as Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Humanities and Mathematics. Mobility programs are often available for those interested in preparing for further nursing education to become a Registered Nurse. These programs will include additional coursework to lay the ground for completion of a future RN program.
Associate’s level programs can be found at many Alabama community colleges, four-year universities and trade schools. Many colleges offer online LPN training to serve students who might reside in remote areas or prefer learning from the comfort of their home, or have full-time work schedules to accommodate.
Many professionals recommend the LPN career as an excellent starting point for a career in health care. Working as an LPN will afford the individual a great range of experience. While performing the duties of an LPN, one will gain exposure to a variety of health care environments and have the opportunity to work alongside doctors, nurses and specialists.
LPN Training Classes in Alabama
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting / Medical Assisting Specialist
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Certificate
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Health Science
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
List of Approved AL Practical Nursing Schools
P.O. Box 2000
Thomasville, AL 36784
1411 Indiana Ave.
Jasper, AL 35501
205-387-0511 ext. 5740
1365 Martin Luther King Drive
Mobile, AL 36603
P.O. Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609
34091 US Highway 280
Childersburg, AL 35044
256-378-5576, ext. 6581
2602 College Drive
Phenix City, AL 36869
3421 Meridian Street North
Huntsville, AL 35811
1900 U.S. Highway 31 South Bay
Minette, AL 36507
100 London Pky, Suite 150
Birmingham, AL 35211
P.O. Box 227
Gadsden, AL 35902
280 West Valley Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35209
3060 Wilson Rd. S.W.
Birmingham, AL 35221
205-428-6391, ext. 305
P.O. Drawer 910
Opp, AL 36467
334-493-3573, ext. 275
P.O. Box 159
Rainsville, AL 35986
256-228-6001, ext 316
P.O. Box 2545
Muscle Shoals, AL 35662
100 Highway 83
Evergreen, AL 36401
251-578-1313, ext. 124
9500 Old Greensboro Road
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
1701 LaFayette Pkwy
Opelika, AL 36801
334-745-6437, ext. 5510
P.O. Box 10048
Montgomery, AL 36108
1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan, AL 36303
334-983-3521, ext. 332
P.O. Box 2000
Hanceville, AL 35077
P.O. Box 2530
Selma, AL 36702