Training Programs to Become an LPN in Arizona
Practical nursing is a very hands-on profession which involves a lot of personal care including helping patients with hygiene, administering medicine and testing for abnormalities. The LPN position also demands a very detail-oriented individual who takes notice of any changes in patient’s condition and/or vital signs, records information accurately and is familiar with measurements and basic math calculations.
For those who are so inclined to take on this challenging and well-paid position there are many LPN schools throughout Arizona and online that offer courses to meet pre-licensure education requirements.
LPN training can be completed at a community college, four-year university or online school that offers a state-approved course. In 2012 Mohave Community College in Lake Havasu City AZ boasted the highest on-time graduation rate for students in a practical nursing program throughout the state of Arizona at an astounding 95%. Eight of the different Maricopa Community College campuses currently offer LPN training programs that meet state education requirements. While the student is the most important deciding factor in ultimate success, it is wise to choose a strongly recommended training program with a tenured faculty staff to ensure the best training possible. Many online colleges and universities offer convenient online LPN programs for students with busy work schedules, family commitments or difficulties reaching a nearby campus location. Many of these online programs are accredited and offer students great flexibility in the completion of their LPN training.
Beyond learning the clinical skills necessary to function as a practical nurse, most LPN training programs include classes such as Human Anatomy & Physiology, Mathematics, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Fundamental Chemistry, Developmental Psychology, College Composition and General Biology. Shorter LPN programs are designed to give the student the basic fundamentals and knowledge required to perform the job duties of an LPN, whereas longer courses lay the framework for further study in Nursing or the later completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in the sciences.
After completing a state-approved training program the license to practice must be awarded by the Arizona State Board of Nursing after the individual has passed the NCLEX-PN examination and applied for their license. Certain items might disqualify an individual from obtaining an LPN license in Arizona, such as a felony conviction.
LPN career options and future job outlook are strong in Arizona. With a burgeoning elderly population, Arizona plays host to a large number of nursing homes, retirement communities and assisted living facilities. State guidelines have certain minimum staffing requirements for such facilities which include state-mandated numbers of nurses on staff per a certain number of residents or patients. This provides a fountain of opportunity for current and future LPNs working in the state of Arizona. Beyond caring for the elderly, Arizona LPNs can find employment in hospitals, health clinics, doctor offices and rehabilitation centers.
LPN Training Classes in Arizona
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
List of Approved AZ Practical Nursing Schools
4585 E. Speedway Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85712
1601 W. Main
Mesa, AZ 85201
3000 N. Dysart Rd
Avondale, Arizona 85023
555 North 18th St, Suite 110
Phoenix, AZ 85006
Fast Track Practical Nursing Program
108 N. 40th St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85034
1801 Detroit Avenue
Kingman, Arizona 86401
Health Occupations Programs
5901 South Calle Santa Cruz
Tucson, Arizona 85709
The directory listings above indicate all of the Arizona state approved LPN programs currently available to students. Our site strives to provide the most accurate and update school listing information. If you encounter a bad link or outdated information please report it to us via email and we will research and make the necessary correction. We also welcome information or updates from students or staff members from the above listed schools.
There are several schools in Arizona that have state board approval to offer a Practical Nursing option in addition to their Associate Degree RN program, but not every one of these schools offers an LPN program. We suggest that students contact these schools individually or check their website for up-to-date information. Here are the names and websites of these schools:
Arizona Western College
Central Arizona College
Coconino Community College
Eastern Arizona College
MaricopaNursing at Chandler Gilbert Community College
MaricopaNursing at Estrella Mountain Community College
MaricopaNursing at GateWay Community College
MaricopaNursing at Glendale Community College
MaricopaNursing at Mesa Community College
MaricopaNursing at Paradise Valley Community College
MaricopaNursing at Phoenix College
MaricopaNursing at Scottsdale Community College
Mohave Community College
Northland Pioneer College
Pima Community College
Pima Medical Institute Mesa Campus
Pima Medical Institute Tucson Campus