Training Programs to Become an LPN in Arkansas
Practical nursing can be a lucrative and rewarding career that includes lots of one-on-one patient interaction and provides a fair amount of variety in everyday work tasks. LPNs might be called upon to perform a variety of functions within a hospital setting, assisted living or nursing home or rehabilitation facility.
Many LPNs hone their skills under the direct supervision and tutelage of an experienced physician in a small health clinic or private practice setting.
LPN training in Arkansas typically consists of a 1-2 year education program that meets the prerequisites for challenging the NCLEX-PN examination. Longer programs such as the A.A.S. in Allied Health with a Practical Nursing option offered at Arkansas Tech University result in the granting of an Associate’s degree upon completion. The longer Associate’s level LPN courses also provide better preparation for further study in nursing, to become an RN or advanced nurse practitioner. Many of the additional courses included in a two-year LPN program teach the student a wider scope of scientific methods and theories, as well as more advanced mathematics and other elective courses.
Most practical nursing programs include courses such as Nutrition and Health, Human Anatomy, Medical Terminology, Basic Nursing Principles and Legal and Medical Ethics. These types of courses typically comprise the core or “breadth” requirements of an LPN program. More in-depth programs offer additional coverage on topics such as Nursing of Mothers and Infants, Nursing of Adults with Medical/Surgical Conditions, Pharmacology and Mental Health. Course offerings and coursework requirements will differ by degree type and according to each specific educational institution.
LPN salaries in Arkansas range between approximately $30,000-$50,000 per year depending on several factors including educational background, work experience, employer, work setting, geographic location and current economic conditions. The top 90th percentile of LPNs in Little Rock Arkansas are making average salaries close to $50,000 per year. Arkansas offers a good variety of campus-based LPN programs as well as online LPN programs for students who live in remote locations or who prefer home study. Some hospitals might offer certificate level LPN training courses as well.
LPN Training Classes in Arkansas
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Forensic Counseling
- Ph.D. in Psychology - Forensic Psychology
- M.S. in Forensic Psychology - Psychology and Legal Systems
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
List of Approved AR Practical Nursing Schools
2501 S. Division St., P.O. Box 1109
Blytheville, Arkansas 72316
1600 South College
Mt. Home, AR 72653
7648 Victory Blvd.
Newport, AR 72112
Phone: (870) 512-7833
Fax: (870) 512-7715
P.O. Box 909
Searcy, Arkansas 72145
Phone: (501) 207-6235
Fax: (501) 207-6263
5504 Krueger Rd.
Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401
Phone: (870) 680-8713
Fax: (870) 972-0801
1700 Helberg Lane
Ozark, Arkansas 72949
Phone: (479) 508-3327
Fax: (479) 667-0198
SCHOOL OF PRACTICAL NURSING
11900 Colonel Glenn Road
Little Rock, Arkansas 72210
Phone: (501) 202-7966
Fax: (501) 202-6015
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, Arkansas 72455
Phone: (870) 248-4000, ext.4174
Fax: (870) 248-4100
#1 College Circle
Malvern, Arkansas 72104
Phone: (501) 337-5000, ext.1204;
Fax: (501) 467-3680
P.O. Box 960
DeQueen, Arkansas 71832
P.O. Box 925
Forrest City, Arkansas 72335
Phone: (870) 633-5411
Fax: (870) 633-9328
101 College Drive
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71913
Phone: (501) 760-4352
Fax: (501) 760-4183
1515 Pioneer Ridge Drive
Harrison, Arkansas 72601
Phone (870) 743-3369
P.O. Drawer 2000
Springdale, AR 72765
Phone: (479) 751-8824
Fax: (479) 751-7750
P.O. Box 10
Melbourne, Arkansas 72556
Phone: (870) 368-7371
Fax: (870) 368-2075
1210 Ricebelt Ave.
DeWitt, Arkansas 72042
Phone: (870) 946-3506, ext.1612
Fax: (870) 946-2644
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, Arkansas 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2286
Fax: (501) 812-2391
1100 College Drive
Mena, Arkansas 71953
Phone: (479) 394-7622
Fax: (479) 394-2828
P.O. Box 3499
Camden, Arkansas 71711
Phone: (870) 574-4498
Fax: (870) 574-4474
P.O. Box 7010
El Dorado, AR 71731
Phone: (870) 864-7136
Fax: (870) 864-7104
1900 Hazel Street
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603
Phone: (870) 543-5900
Fax: (870) 543-5912
P.O. Box 3350
Batesville, Arkansas 72503
Phone: (870) 612-2065
Fax: (870) 612-2059
2500 S. Main
Hope, AR 71801
Phone: (870) 722-8505
Fax: (870) 722-8511
1537 University Blvd.
Morrilton, Arkansas 72110
Phone: (501) 977-2152
Fax: (501) 977-2185
P.O. Box 3649
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72913
Phone: (479) 788-7835
Fax: (479) 424-6844
1326 Hwy. 52W
Crossett, AR 71635
Phone: (870) 364-6414
Fax: (870) 364-5707
P.O. Box 747
McGehee, Arkansas 71654
Phone: (870) 222-5360
Fax: (870) 222-9906