Training Programs to Become an LPN in Colorado
Practical nursing in Colorado is regulated by DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies) Division of Professions and Occupations. This regulatory agency handles licensing of individual LPNs as well as approving LPN pre-licensure programs throughout the state. There are many different program types available for LPN education including one-year certificate level courses, two-year Associates level classes and IV Authority programs.
Many certificate-level programs enjoy passing rates of 80-100% in Colorado. No matter which program the student completes they will then become eligible to attempt the NCLEX-PN examination, and upon passing the exam they can make application to become an LPN in Colorado. Many LPN programs also offer job placement assistance for their graduating students to ensure a successful beginning to their careers.
The salary or hourly wage that an LPN can expect to earn will depend heavily on the city in which they work. Other factors that determine LPN wages are level of education, work experience, current economic conditions in the healthcare sector and type of employer. Colorado LPNs receive the highest average salary in the city of Denver making an average of $44,650 per year in 2012. Denver also offers the highest number of LPN jobs of any city in Colorado.
LPN training curriculum is usually comprised of various science courses including Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacology. In addition to the science courses there are usually a few classes that cover Basic Nursing Principles, Nursing Theory, Patient Care, Ethical Compliance, and a few other select subjects. An important aspect of any LPN training course is the teaching and practice of hands-on nursing skills in a clinical environment such as a laboratory or health clinic. Online schools often have partnerships with local hospitals or healthcare facilities to facilitate the clinical skills training portion of their LPN programs.
LPN Training Classes in Colorado
- Our Healthcare programs prepare graduates for a booming Healthcare industry allowing them to apply their classroom knowledge in our simulation labs during educational scenarios and training exercises.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program (RN to BSN) expands knowledge in areas of research, theory, leadership, community concepts, healthcare policy and current trends in healthcare.
- The RN to BSN program is specifically designed for students to increase their understanding of advanced nursing roles. A Registered Nurse (RN) License is required prior to admitance to this program.
- The Master of Science in Nursing Education (MSN) is uniquely focused on nursing education. This program fosters independent learning and cultivates an in-depth understanding.
- Students learn to implement nursing course curriculum using evidence-based practice throughout the duration of the MSN program while engaging in scholarly work, research and teaching practicum.
- At Hallmark University, we designed our simulation labs and facilities to look and feel just like a hospital and modern healthcare environments.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Train for careers that are in-demand and where your success is the number one priority. IBMC College’s small class sizes, caring staff and experienced instructors will provide you with an extra level of support and personalized attention.
At locally owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding career in as little as 6 to 19 months. With 3 northern Colorado campuses to choose from and a variety of diploma and degree program options, you’ll find the path that is the right fit for you.
- Clinical Medical Assisting Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
List of Approved CO Practical Nursing Schools
Approved Annual Admissions = 30
1100 North Ave.
Grand Junction, Colorado 81506
Approved Annual Admissions = 44
1070 Alton Way Bldg 849
Denver, Colorado 80230
Approved Annual Admissions = 108
111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, Colorado 80010
Approved Annual Admissions = 108
1765 US Hwy 50
Delta, Colorado 81416
Approved Annual Admissions = 70
1250 Welton St
Denver, Colorado 80204
Approved Annual Admissions = 50
2121 Miller Drive
Longmont, Colorado 80503
Approved Annual Admissions = 32
100 College St
Sterling, Colorado 80751
Approved Annual Admissions = 52
500 Airport Blvd
Aurora, Colorado 80014
900 W. Orman Ave
Pueblo, Colorado 81004
Colorado Practical Nursing Quick Links
Colorado Board of Nursing
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202