Training Programs to Become an LPN in Colorado
Practical nursing in Colorado is regulated by DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies) Division of Professions and Occupations. This regulatory agency handles licensing of individual LPNs as well as approving LPN pre-licensure programs throughout the state. There are many different program types available for LPN education including one-year certificate level courses, two-year Associates level classes and IV Authority programs.
Many certificate-level programs enjoy passing rates of 80-100% in Colorado. No matter which program the student completes they will then become eligible to attempt the NCLEX-PN examination, and upon passing the exam they can make application to become an LPN in Colorado. Many LPN programs also offer job placement assistance for their graduating students to ensure a successful beginning to their careers.
The salary or hourly wage that an LPN can expect to earn will depend heavily on the city in which they work. Other factors that determine LPN wages are level of education, work experience, current economic conditions in the healthcare sector and type of employer. Colorado LPNs receive the highest average salary in the city of Denver making an average of $44,650 per year in 2012. Denver also offers the highest number of LPN jobs of any city in Colorado.
LPN training curriculum is usually comprised of various science courses including Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacology. In addition to the science courses there are usually a few classes that cover Basic Nursing Principles, Nursing Theory, Patient Care, Ethical Compliance, and a few other select subjects. An important aspect of any LPN training course is the teaching and practice of hands-on nursing skills in a clinical environment such as a laboratory or health clinic. Online schools often have partnerships with local hospitals or healthcare facilities to facilitate the clinical skills training portion of their LPN programs.
LPN Training Classes in Colorado
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Nursing Assistant (Pueblo)
List of Approved CO Practical Nursing Schools
Approved Annual Admissions = 30
1100 North Ave.
Grand Junction, Colorado 81506
Approved Annual Admissions = 44
1070 Alton Way Bldg 849
Denver, Colorado 80230
Approved Annual Admissions = 108
111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, Colorado 80010
Approved Annual Admissions = 108
1765 US Hwy 50
Delta, Colorado 81416
Approved Annual Admissions = 70
1250 Welton St
Denver, Colorado 80204
Approved Annual Admissions = 50
2121 Miller Drive
Longmont, Colorado 80503
Approved Annual Admissions = 32
100 College St
Sterling, Colorado 80751
Approved Annual Admissions = 52
500 Airport Blvd
Aurora, Colorado 80014
900 W. Orman Ave
Pueblo, Colorado 81004
Colorado Practical Nursing Quick Links
Colorado Board of Nursing
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202