Training Programs to Become an LPN in Colorado
Practical nursing in Colorado is regulated by DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies) Division of Professions and Occupations. This regulatory agency handles licensing of individual LPNs as well as approving LPN pre-licensure programs throughout the state. There are many different program types available for LPN education including one-year certificate level courses, two-year Associates level classes and IV Authority programs.
Many certificate-level programs enjoy passing rates of 80-100% in Colorado. No matter which program the student completes they will then become eligible to attempt the NCLEX-PN examination, and upon passing the exam they can make application to become an LPN in Colorado. Many LPN programs also offer job placement assistance for their graduating students to ensure a successful beginning to their careers.
The salary or hourly wage that an LPN can expect to earn will depend heavily on the city in which they work. Other factors that determine LPN wages are level of education, work experience, current economic conditions in the healthcare sector and type of employer. Colorado LPNs receive the highest average salary in the city of Denver making an average of $44,650 per year in 2012. Denver also offers the highest number of LPN jobs of any city in Colorado.
LPN training curriculum is usually comprised of various science courses including Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacology. In addition to the science courses there are usually a few classes that cover Basic Nursing Principles, Nursing Theory, Patient Care, Ethical Compliance, and a few other select subjects. An important aspect of any LPN training course is the teaching and practice of hands-on nursing skills in a clinical environment such as a laboratory or health clinic. Online schools often have partnerships with local hospitals or healthcare facilities to facilitate the clinical skills training portion of their LPN programs.
LPN Training Classes in Colorado
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Medical Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
List of Approved CO Practical Nursing Schools
Approved Annual Admissions = 30
1100 North Ave.
Grand Junction, Colorado 81506
Approved Annual Admissions = 44
1070 Alton Way Bldg 849
Denver, Colorado 80230
Approved Annual Admissions = 108
111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, Colorado 80010
Approved Annual Admissions = 108
1765 US Hwy 50
Delta, Colorado 81416
Approved Annual Admissions = 70
1250 Welton St
Denver, Colorado 80204
Approved Annual Admissions = 50
2121 Miller Drive
Longmont, Colorado 80503
Approved Annual Admissions = 32
100 College St
Sterling, Colorado 80751
Approved Annual Admissions = 52
500 Airport Blvd
Aurora, Colorado 80014
900 W. Orman Ave
Pueblo, Colorado 81004
Colorado Practical Nursing Quick Links
Colorado Board of Nursing
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202