Training Programs to Become an LPN in Connecticut
There are a handful of state-approved practical nursing programs in the state of Connecticut, many with multiple different campus locations. There are also online LPN programs offered by accredited schools that are open for enrollment for Connecticut students. Whether pre-licensure education is completed online or in a campus-setting, the student will then become eligible to challenge the NCLEX-PN exam in Connecticut.
After passing the exam the student can apply for the Licensed Practical Nurse designation. Most programs fall under one of two categories; either a one-year practical nursing education course or a two-year Associates degree course with a concentration in practical nursing.
While both program types meet the minimum education requirements for LPN licensure, two-year programs provide better preparation for future educational pursuits. The two-year course provides the student with a more robust foundation of nursing knowledge and underlying scientific principles that nursing is based upon. The Associate’s degree is also more versatile and can be used to meet prerequisites for other Bachelor degree programs outside of the nursing field. Many LPNs who start their careers with an Associates degree later return to school to pursue a BSN and become a Registered Nurse.
Many LPN candidates choose campus-based learning programs because they want to gain the hands-on experience of learning the clinical skills required to fulfill the job duties. Hands-on learning also allows the students to learn from each other in a traditional peer-to-peer classroom setting and have physical access to instructors. Combining book study with classroom learning is an old and proven effective method of acquiring knowledge.
Typical LPN coursework in Connecticut includes topics such as Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Clinical Skills Training, Ethical Issues, Basic Nursing Principles and other core classes. The breadth coursework is designed to prepare the student for data collection, patient interaction and hands-on clinical work.
LPN Training Classes in Connecticut
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
List of Approved CT Practical Nursing Schools
410 Flatbush Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
860-951-7112 Ext. 5036 or 5934
500 Palisade Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 066l0
71 Jones Road
Hamden, CT 06514
200 John Downey Drive
New Britain, CT 06051
109 Sanford Street
Hamden, CT 06514
8 Progress Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
7 Mahan Drive
Norwich, CT 06360
320 Sylvan Lake Road
Watertown, CT 06779
30 Waterchase Drive
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
138 Weymouth Road
Enfield, CT 06082
Porter and Chester Institute
221 West Main Street
Branford, CT 06405
Porter and Chester Institute
670 Lordship Boulevard
Stratford, CT 06615
560 Saw Mill Road
West Haven, CT 06516
745 Burnside Avenue
East Hartford, CT 06108
60 Daniels Street
Middletown, CT 06457
43 Tompkins Street
Waterbury, CT 06708
203-596-4302 Ext. 462