Training Programs to Become an LPN in Connecticut
There are a handful of state-approved practical nursing programs in the state of Connecticut, many with multiple different campus locations. There are also online LPN programs offered by accredited schools that are open for enrollment for Connecticut students. Whether pre-licensure education is completed online or in a campus-setting, the student will then become eligible to challenge the NCLEX-PN exam in Connecticut.
After passing the exam the student can apply for the Licensed Practical Nurse designation. Most programs fall under one of two categories; either a one-year practical nursing education course or a two-year Associates degree course with a concentration in practical nursing.
While both program types meet the minimum education requirements for LPN licensure, two-year programs provide better preparation for future educational pursuits. The two-year course provides the student with a more robust foundation of nursing knowledge and underlying scientific principles that nursing is based upon. The Associate’s degree is also more versatile and can be used to meet prerequisites for other Bachelor degree programs outside of the nursing field. Many LPNs who start their careers with an Associates degree later return to school to pursue a BSN and become a Registered Nurse.
Many LPN candidates choose campus-based learning programs because they want to gain the hands-on experience of learning the clinical skills required to fulfill the job duties. Hands-on learning also allows the students to learn from each other in a traditional peer-to-peer classroom setting and have physical access to instructors. Combining book study with classroom learning is an old and proven effective method of acquiring knowledge.
Typical LPN coursework in Connecticut includes topics such as Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Clinical Skills Training, Ethical Issues, Basic Nursing Principles and other core classes. The breadth coursework is designed to prepare the student for data collection, patient interaction and hands-on clinical work.
LPN Training Classes in Connecticut
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Available programs include Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, and more.
- Programs help students prepare for the respective certification exams offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Students get hands-on training in classrooms equipped with industry-specific technology.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Earn your degree from Lincoln College of New England. Over 30 undergraduate programs are available in Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. Financial aid is available for those who qualify
- RN to BSN
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Nursing
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Health Science
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
List of Approved CT Practical Nursing Schools
410 Flatbush Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
860-951-7112 Ext. 5036 or 5934
500 Palisade Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 066l0
71 Jones Road
Hamden, CT 06514
200 John Downey Drive
New Britain, CT 06051
109 Sanford Street
Hamden, CT 06514
8 Progress Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
7 Mahan Drive
Norwich, CT 06360
320 Sylvan Lake Road
Watertown, CT 06779
30 Waterchase Drive
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
138 Weymouth Road
Enfield, CT 06082
Porter and Chester Institute
221 West Main Street
Branford, CT 06405
Porter and Chester Institute
670 Lordship Boulevard
Stratford, CT 06615
560 Saw Mill Road
West Haven, CT 06516
745 Burnside Avenue
East Hartford, CT 06108
60 Daniels Street
Middletown, CT 06457
43 Tompkins Street
Waterbury, CT 06708
203-596-4302 Ext. 462