Training Programs to Become an LPN in Connecticut
There are a handful of state-approved practical nursing programs in the state of Connecticut, many with multiple different campus locations. There are also online LPN programs offered by accredited schools that are open for enrollment for Connecticut students. Whether pre-licensure education is completed online or in a campus-setting, the student will then become eligible to challenge the NCLEX-PN exam in Connecticut.
After passing the exam the student can apply for the Licensed Practical Nurse designation. Most programs fall under one of two categories; either a one-year practical nursing education course or a two-year Associates degree course with a concentration in practical nursing.
While both program types meet the minimum education requirements for LPN licensure, two-year programs provide better preparation for future educational pursuits. The two-year course provides the student with a more robust foundation of nursing knowledge and underlying scientific principles that nursing is based upon. The Associate’s degree is also more versatile and can be used to meet prerequisites for other Bachelor degree programs outside of the nursing field. Many LPNs who start their careers with an Associates degree later return to school to pursue a BSN and become a Registered Nurse.
Many LPN candidates choose campus-based learning programs because they want to gain the hands-on experience of learning the clinical skills required to fulfill the job duties. Hands-on learning also allows the students to learn from each other in a traditional peer-to-peer classroom setting and have physical access to instructors. Combining book study with classroom learning is an old and proven effective method of acquiring knowledge.
Typical LPN coursework in Connecticut includes topics such as Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Clinical Skills Training, Ethical Issues, Basic Nursing Principles and other core classes. The breadth coursework is designed to prepare the student for data collection, patient interaction and hands-on clinical work.
LPN Training Classes in Connecticut
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
List of Approved CT Practical Nursing Schools
410 Flatbush Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
860-951-7112 Ext. 5036 or 5934
500 Palisade Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 066l0
71 Jones Road
Hamden, CT 06514
200 John Downey Drive
New Britain, CT 06051
109 Sanford Street
Hamden, CT 06514
8 Progress Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
7 Mahan Drive
Norwich, CT 06360
320 Sylvan Lake Road
Watertown, CT 06779
30 Waterchase Drive
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
138 Weymouth Road
Enfield, CT 06082
Porter and Chester Institute
221 West Main Street
Branford, CT 06405
Porter and Chester Institute
670 Lordship Boulevard
Stratford, CT 06615
560 Saw Mill Road
West Haven, CT 06516
745 Burnside Avenue
East Hartford, CT 06108
60 Daniels Street
Middletown, CT 06457
43 Tompkins Street
Waterbury, CT 06708
203-596-4302 Ext. 462