Training Programs to Become an LPN in Delaware
The small state of Delaware has a big demand for well-trained healthcare workers, including Licensed Practical Nurses, commonly referred to as LPNs. Practical nursing is a career position and also serves as a spring board into many other healthcare careers such as nurse educator, nurse manager or registered nurse.
The training required to become an LPN in Delaware is minimal with courses as short as one year that will sufficiently prepare students to challenge the NCLEX-PN examination and start working as an LPN. There are also longer two-year programs available for those who prefer to earn an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or an Associate’s in Applied Science (AAS). This can leave additional options available for future employment or further educational pursuits.
Most LPNs complete their education requirements at community colleges, trade schools and in some cases four-year universities. Several Delaware junior colleges offer LPN training courses that meet state approval guidelines and prepare students to conquer the NCLEX-PN exam. Our school listings below highlight all of the Delaware state approved LPN programs to help students begin their decision making process. Prospective students are encouraged to inquire with individual schools to determine the best fit for their needs and academic goals. Students can also perform research online to find out about staff/faculty reputations, program tenure, graduation rates and NCLEX pass rates for each school.
LPN Training Curriculum
Each program has different coursework and topics will vary, but to give readers an idea of what a typical LPN program consist of, here are the courses required for the Delaware Community College A.A.S. program: English Composition I-II, General Psychology, Intro to Sociology, Fundamentals of Nursing, Human Anatomy & Physiology I-II, Nursing Concepts & Practice I-III, Lifespan Human Development, Abnormal Psychology, Clinical Enhancement Skills, Pharmacology, and Holistic Advanced Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology.
Coursework is usually taught using a combination of book study, review of online course material, hands-on clinical skills practice and classroom instruction. Study groups can be helpful for reviewing key concepts and taking practice exams.
LPN Training Classes in Delaware
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
List of Approved DE Practical Nursing Schools
13th & Clifford Brown Walk
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
P.O. Box 610
Georgetown, Delaware 19947
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
100 Campus Dr
Dover, Delaware 19904
2 Penns Way
New Castle, Delaware 19720
823 Walnut Shade Road
P.O. Box 102
Woodside, Delaware 19980