Training Programs to Become an LPN in Delaware
The small state of Delaware has a big demand for well-trained healthcare workers, including Licensed Practical Nurses, commonly referred to as LPNs. Practical nursing is a career position and also serves as a spring board into many other healthcare careers such as nurse educator, nurse manager or registered nurse.
The training required to become an LPN in Delaware is minimal with courses as short as one year that will sufficiently prepare students to challenge the NCLEX-PN examination and start working as an LPN. There are also longer two-year programs available for those who prefer to earn an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or an Associate’s in Applied Science (AAS). This can leave additional options available for future employment or further educational pursuits.
Most LPNs complete their education requirements at community colleges, trade schools and in some cases four-year universities. Several Delaware junior colleges offer LPN training courses that meet state approval guidelines and prepare students to conquer the NCLEX-PN exam. Our school listings below highlight all of the Delaware state approved LPN programs to help students begin their decision making process. Prospective students are encouraged to inquire with individual schools to determine the best fit for their needs and academic goals. Students can also perform research online to find out about staff/faculty reputations, program tenure, graduation rates and NCLEX pass rates for each school.
LPN Training Curriculum
Each program has different coursework and topics will vary, but to give readers an idea of what a typical LPN program consist of, here are the courses required for the Delaware Community College A.A.S. program: English Composition I-II, General Psychology, Intro to Sociology, Fundamentals of Nursing, Human Anatomy & Physiology I-II, Nursing Concepts & Practice I-III, Lifespan Human Development, Abnormal Psychology, Clinical Enhancement Skills, Pharmacology, and Holistic Advanced Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology.
Coursework is usually taught using a combination of book study, review of online course material, hands-on clinical skills practice and classroom instruction. Study groups can be helpful for reviewing key concepts and taking practice exams.
LPN Training Classes in Delaware
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (RN to MSN)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- And more...
List of Approved DE Practical Nursing Schools
13th & Clifford Brown Walk
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
P.O. Box 610
Georgetown, Delaware 19947
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
100 Campus Dr
Dover, Delaware 19904
2 Penns Way
New Castle, Delaware 19720
823 Walnut Shade Road
P.O. Box 102
Woodside, Delaware 19980