Training Programs to Become an LPN in Delaware
The small state of Delaware has a big demand for well-trained healthcare workers, including Licensed Practical Nurses, commonly referred to as LPNs. Practical nursing is a career position and also serves as a spring board into many other healthcare careers such as nurse educator, nurse manager or registered nurse.
The training required to become an LPN in Delaware is minimal with courses as short as one year that will sufficiently prepare students to challenge the NCLEX-PN examination and start working as an LPN. There are also longer two-year programs available for those who prefer to earn an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or an Associate’s in Applied Science (AAS). This can leave additional options available for future employment or further educational pursuits.
Most LPNs complete their education requirements at community colleges, trade schools and in some cases four-year universities. Several Delaware junior colleges offer LPN training courses that meet state approval guidelines and prepare students to conquer the NCLEX-PN exam. Our school listings below highlight all of the Delaware state approved LPN programs to help students begin their decision making process. Prospective students are encouraged to inquire with individual schools to determine the best fit for their needs and academic goals. Students can also perform research online to find out about staff/faculty reputations, program tenure, graduation rates and NCLEX pass rates for each school.
LPN Training Curriculum
Each program has different coursework and topics will vary, but to give readers an idea of what a typical LPN program consist of, here are the courses required for the Delaware Community College A.A.S. program: English Composition I-II, General Psychology, Intro to Sociology, Fundamentals of Nursing, Human Anatomy & Physiology I-II, Nursing Concepts & Practice I-III, Lifespan Human Development, Abnormal Psychology, Clinical Enhancement Skills, Pharmacology, and Holistic Advanced Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology.
Coursework is usually taught using a combination of book study, review of online course material, hands-on clinical skills practice and classroom instruction. Study groups can be helpful for reviewing key concepts and taking practice exams.
LPN Training Classes in Delaware
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
List of Approved DE Practical Nursing Schools
13th & Clifford Brown Walk
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
P.O. Box 610
Georgetown, Delaware 19947
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
100 Campus Dr
Dover, Delaware 19904
2 Penns Way
New Castle, Delaware 19720
823 Walnut Shade Road
P.O. Box 102
Woodside, Delaware 19980