Training Programs to Become an LPN in Delaware
The small state of Delaware has a big demand for well-trained healthcare workers, including Licensed Practical Nurses, commonly referred to as LPNs. Practical nursing is a career position and also serves as a spring board into many other healthcare careers such as nurse educator, nurse manager or registered nurse.
The training required to become an LPN in Delaware is minimal with courses as short as one year that will sufficiently prepare students to challenge the NCLEX-PN examination and start working as an LPN. There are also longer two-year programs available for those who prefer to earn an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or an Associate’s in Applied Science (AAS). This can leave additional options available for future employment or further educational pursuits.
Most LPNs complete their education requirements at community colleges, trade schools and in some cases four-year universities. Several Delaware junior colleges offer LPN training courses that meet state approval guidelines and prepare students to conquer the NCLEX-PN exam. Our school listings below highlight all of the Delaware state approved LPN programs to help students begin their decision making process. Prospective students are encouraged to inquire with individual schools to determine the best fit for their needs and academic goals. Students can also perform research online to find out about staff/faculty reputations, program tenure, graduation rates and NCLEX pass rates for each school.
LPN Training Curriculum
Each program has different coursework and topics will vary, but to give readers an idea of what a typical LPN program consist of, here are the courses required for the Delaware Community College A.A.S. program: English Composition I-II, General Psychology, Intro to Sociology, Fundamentals of Nursing, Human Anatomy & Physiology I-II, Nursing Concepts & Practice I-III, Lifespan Human Development, Abnormal Psychology, Clinical Enhancement Skills, Pharmacology, and Holistic Advanced Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology.
Coursework is usually taught using a combination of book study, review of online course material, hands-on clinical skills practice and classroom instruction. Study groups can be helpful for reviewing key concepts and taking practice exams.
LPN Training Classes in Delaware
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
List of Approved DE Practical Nursing Schools
13th & Clifford Brown Walk
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
P.O. Box 610
Georgetown, Delaware 19947
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
100 Campus Dr
Dover, Delaware 19904
2 Penns Way
New Castle, Delaware 19720
823 Walnut Shade Road
P.O. Box 102
Woodside, Delaware 19980