Training Programs to Become an LPN in Delaware
The small state of Delaware has a big demand for well-trained healthcare workers, including Licensed Practical Nurses, commonly referred to as LPNs. Practical nursing is a career position and also serves as a spring board into many other healthcare careers such as nurse educator, nurse manager or registered nurse.
The training required to become an LPN in Delaware is minimal with courses as short as one year that will sufficiently prepare students to challenge the NCLEX-PN examination and start working as an LPN. There are also longer two-year programs available for those who prefer to earn an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or an Associate’s in Applied Science (AAS). This can leave additional options available for future employment or further educational pursuits.
Most LPNs complete their education requirements at community colleges, trade schools and in some cases four-year universities. Several Delaware junior colleges offer LPN training courses that meet state approval guidelines and prepare students to conquer the NCLEX-PN exam. Our school listings below highlight all of the Delaware state approved LPN programs to help students begin their decision making process. Prospective students are encouraged to inquire with individual schools to determine the best fit for their needs and academic goals. Students can also perform research online to find out about staff/faculty reputations, program tenure, graduation rates and NCLEX pass rates for each school.
LPN Training Curriculum
Each program has different coursework and topics will vary, but to give readers an idea of what a typical LPN program consist of, here are the courses required for the Delaware Community College A.A.S. program: English Composition I-II, General Psychology, Intro to Sociology, Fundamentals of Nursing, Human Anatomy & Physiology I-II, Nursing Concepts & Practice I-III, Lifespan Human Development, Abnormal Psychology, Clinical Enhancement Skills, Pharmacology, and Holistic Advanced Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology.
Coursework is usually taught using a combination of book study, review of online course material, hands-on clinical skills practice and classroom instruction. Study groups can be helpful for reviewing key concepts and taking practice exams.
LPN Training Classes in Delaware
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (RN-MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (RN to MSN)
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology: Non-Licensure Track
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
List of Approved DE Practical Nursing Schools
13th & Clifford Brown Walk
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
P.O. Box 610
Georgetown, Delaware 19947
***LPN Refresher Course Also Available***
100 Campus Dr
Dover, Delaware 19904
2 Penns Way
New Castle, Delaware 19720
823 Walnut Shade Road
P.O. Box 102
Woodside, Delaware 19980