Training Programs to Become an LPN in Georgia
Georgia LPN license requirements are very similar to most other states. First the student must complete a state approved education program, then sit for the NCLEX-PN examination and then apply for their license.
Minimum requirements are also typical and include being at least 18 years of age, passing a physical exam and having a clean background check.
This page is designed to help students navigate through the various LPN programs offered throughout Georgia and online to help them make an excellent decision when choosing a school for their LPN training. Our list of LPN programs is comprised entirely of programs that have been approved by the Georgia State Board of Examiners of Licensed Practical Nurses. This ensures the quality of the course offerings and provides the best preparation for prospective students. Online LPN schools listed on this page are derived from an educational software program that communicates directly with accredited online colleges and universities to obtain specific program offerings by location.
The career outlook for LPNs working in Georgia is very promising with many new job opportunities expected to arrive in the healthcare marketplace over the next decade. Much of the demand for LPNs derives from two sources; the aging elderly population and their increasing need for healthcare services AND the large number of current LPNs who are approaching retirement. This bodes well for newly licensed LPNs looking for entry level career positions.
Two types of programs meet pre-license education requirements to become an LPN in Georgia: one-year certificate or diploma programs AND two-year Associate’s in Applied Sciences programs. Both types prepare the student to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam, but the two-year Associate’s program provides the student with a more comprehensive education and awards an AAS degree.
LPN Training Classes in Georgia
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Earn your online degree from SNHU. Study Anytime, Anywhere. Flexible on your schedule
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- Find your online program today at Snhu.edu and see yourself succeed.
- Health, Healthcare and Nursing Graduate Cerificate
- Health, Healthcare and Nursing Certificate
- Health, Healthcare and Nursing Associate's Degree
- And more...
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
List of Approved GA Practical Nursing Schools
1704 S. Slappey Blvd.
Albany, GA 31701
Jesup Campus (Main)
1777 West Cherry Street
Jesup, GA 31545
800 US Hwy 29 North
Athens, GA 30601
1560 Metropolitan Parkway SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
3200 Augusta Tech Dr.
Augusta, GA 30906
2500 E. Shotwell St.
Bainbridge, GA 39818
384 Northyards Blvd, NW
Suites 190 and 400
Atlanta, GA 30313
3300 Macon Tech Drive
Macon, GA 31206
980 South Cobb Drive
Marietta, GA 30060
928 Manchester Expressway
Columbus, GA 31904
650 College Drive
Dalton, GA 30720
495 North Indian Creek Drive
Clarkston, GA 30021
One Maurice Culberson Dr.
Rome, GA 30161
2990 Landrum Education Dr.
Oakwood, GA 30566
800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie, GA 31788
1500 Hwy 197 N
P.O. Box 65
Clarkesville, GA 30523
One Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd.
Statesboro, GA 30458
1701 Carswell Avenue
Waycross, GA 31503
1189 Deepstep Road
Sandersville, GA 31082
5717 White Bluff Road
Savannah, GA 31405
501 Varsity Drive
Griffin, GA 30223
900 South GA Tech Pkwy.
Americus, GA 31709
3001 E. First Street
Vidalia, GA 30474
15689 U.S. Highway 19 North
Thomasville, GA 31792
176 Murphy Campus Blvd.
Waco, GA 30182
4089 Val Tech Road
Valdosta, GA 31602