Training Programs to Become an LPN in Georgia
Georgia LPN license requirements are very similar to most other states. First the student must complete a state approved education program, then sit for the NCLEX-PN examination and then apply for their license.
Minimum requirements are also typical and include being at least 18 years of age, passing a physical exam and having a clean background check.
This page is designed to help students navigate through the various LPN programs offered throughout Georgia and online to help them make an excellent decision when choosing a school for their LPN training. Our list of LPN programs is comprised entirely of programs that have been approved by the Georgia State Board of Examiners of Licensed Practical Nurses. This ensures the quality of the course offerings and provides the best preparation for prospective students. Online LPN schools listed on this page are derived from an educational software program that communicates directly with accredited online colleges and universities to obtain specific program offerings by location.
The career outlook for LPNs working in Georgia is very promising with many new job opportunities expected to arrive in the healthcare marketplace over the next decade. Much of the demand for LPNs derives from two sources; the aging elderly population and their increasing need for healthcare services AND the large number of current LPNs who are approaching retirement. This bodes well for newly licensed LPNs looking for entry level career positions.
Two types of programs meet pre-license education requirements to become an LPN in Georgia: one-year certificate or diploma programs AND two-year Associate’s in Applied Sciences programs. Both types prepare the student to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam, but the two-year Associate’s program provides the student with a more comprehensive education and awards an AAS degree.
LPN Training Classes in Georgia
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
List of Approved GA Practical Nursing Schools
1704 S. Slappey Blvd.
Albany, GA 31701
Jesup Campus (Main)
1777 West Cherry Street
Jesup, GA 31545
800 US Hwy 29 North
Athens, GA 30601
1560 Metropolitan Parkway SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
3200 Augusta Tech Dr.
Augusta, GA 30906
2500 E. Shotwell St.
Bainbridge, GA 39818
384 Northyards Blvd, NW
Suites 190 and 400
Atlanta, GA 30313
3300 Macon Tech Drive
Macon, GA 31206
980 South Cobb Drive
Marietta, GA 30060
928 Manchester Expressway
Columbus, GA 31904
650 College Drive
Dalton, GA 30720
495 North Indian Creek Drive
Clarkston, GA 30021
One Maurice Culberson Dr.
Rome, GA 30161
2990 Landrum Education Dr.
Oakwood, GA 30566
800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie, GA 31788
1500 Hwy 197 N
P.O. Box 65
Clarkesville, GA 30523
One Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd.
Statesboro, GA 30458
1701 Carswell Avenue
Waycross, GA 31503
1189 Deepstep Road
Sandersville, GA 31082
5717 White Bluff Road
Savannah, GA 31405
501 Varsity Drive
Griffin, GA 30223
900 South GA Tech Pkwy.
Americus, GA 31709
3001 E. First Street
Vidalia, GA 30474
15689 U.S. Highway 19 North
Thomasville, GA 31792
176 Murphy Campus Blvd.
Waco, GA 30182
4089 Val Tech Road
Valdosta, GA 31602