Training Programs to Become an LPN in Hawaii
The beautiful Hawaiian landscape provides an excellent home for retirees and also plays host to many individuals in the armed forces. These two categories of people are large consumers of healthcare services, which makes Hawaii an ideal place to work as an LPN.
Licensed Practical Nurses in Hawaii will most likely find employment in an assisted living center, nursing care facility, VA hospital, public hospital, rehab center or health clinic.
Studying to become an LPN in Hawaii is pretty straightforward. Students will be required to complete a state approved pre-license education program and then pass the NCLEX-PN exam. Applying for the actual license is very simple and instructions can be found on the Hawaii State Board of Nursing website. Potential employers can also use the state board’s website to verify licenses of LPNs applying for jobs.
The LPN position can either be a career in itself, or serve as a stepping stone to later become a Registered Nurse (RN). Most LPNs in Hawaii earn between $35,000 – $40,000 per year. Actual salary and wage rates will vary based on employer, work experience, education, background and location. Major metropolitan areas offer the highest average salaries, while more rural areas tend to pay less.
The typical LPN program can be completed in 1-2 years and consists of basic nursing classes, many science courses and a certain number of hours of hands-on clinical practice. The clinical skills portion should be taught by a qualified nurse educator who has lots of experience working and teaching in the field.
LPN Training Classes in Hawaii
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- And more...
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
List of Approved HI Practical Nursing Schools
200 West Kawili Street
Hilo, HI 96720
4303 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, HI 96816
3-1901 Kaumualii Highway
Lihue, HI 96766
310 Kaahumanu Avenue
Kahului, HI 96732