Training Programs to Become an LPN in Hawaii
The beautiful Hawaiian landscape provides an excellent home for retirees and also plays host to many individuals in the armed forces. These two categories of people are large consumers of healthcare services, which makes Hawaii an ideal place to work as an LPN.
Licensed Practical Nurses in Hawaii will most likely find employment in an assisted living center, nursing care facility, VA hospital, public hospital, rehab center or health clinic.
Studying to become an LPN in Hawaii is pretty straightforward. Students will be required to complete a state approved pre-license education program and then pass the NCLEX-PN exam. Applying for the actual license is very simple and instructions can be found on the Hawaii State Board of Nursing website. Potential employers can also use the state board’s website to verify licenses of LPNs applying for jobs.
The LPN position can either be a career in itself, or serve as a stepping stone to later become a Registered Nurse (RN). Most LPNs in Hawaii earn between $35,000 – $40,000 per year. Actual salary and wage rates will vary based on employer, work experience, education, background and location. Major metropolitan areas offer the highest average salaries, while more rural areas tend to pay less.
The typical LPN program can be completed in 1-2 years and consists of basic nursing classes, many science courses and a certain number of hours of hands-on clinical practice. The clinical skills portion should be taught by a qualified nurse educator who has lots of experience working and teaching in the field.
LPN Training Classes in Hawaii
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
List of Approved HI Practical Nursing Schools
200 West Kawili Street
Hilo, HI 96720
4303 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, HI 96816
3-1901 Kaumualii Highway
Lihue, HI 96766
310 Kaahumanu Avenue
Kahului, HI 96732