Training Programs to Become an LPN in Hawaii
The beautiful Hawaiian landscape provides an excellent home for retirees and also plays host to many individuals in the armed forces. These two categories of people are large consumers of healthcare services, which makes Hawaii an ideal place to work as an LPN.
Licensed Practical Nurses in Hawaii will most likely find employment in an assisted living center, nursing care facility, VA hospital, public hospital, rehab center or health clinic.
Studying to become an LPN in Hawaii is pretty straightforward. Students will be required to complete a state approved pre-license education program and then pass the NCLEX-PN exam. Applying for the actual license is very simple and instructions can be found on the Hawaii State Board of Nursing website. Potential employers can also use the state board’s website to verify licenses of LPNs applying for jobs.
The LPN position can either be a career in itself, or serve as a stepping stone to later become a Registered Nurse (RN). Most LPNs in Hawaii earn between $35,000 – $40,000 per year. Actual salary and wage rates will vary based on employer, work experience, education, background and location. Major metropolitan areas offer the highest average salaries, while more rural areas tend to pay less.
The typical LPN program can be completed in 1-2 years and consists of basic nursing classes, many science courses and a certain number of hours of hands-on clinical practice. The clinical skills portion should be taught by a qualified nurse educator who has lots of experience working and teaching in the field.
LPN Training Classes in Hawaii
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
List of Approved HI Practical Nursing Schools
200 West Kawili Street
Hilo, HI 96720
4303 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, HI 96816
3-1901 Kaumualii Highway
Lihue, HI 96766
310 Kaahumanu Avenue
Kahului, HI 96732