Training Programs to Become an LPN in Kansas
With the uncertainty in today’s economy, it is important to pursue a career with a potential steady job growth. If you are interested in a career where you can help people and work directly with patients, then you should consider becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
The demand for LPNs is expected to grow as much as 22% by the year 2020. Kansas has an increasing number of opportunities in the nursing field for LPN’s. The LPN’s actually make up approximately 21% of the nurses in the state at this time.
With an increase in the market, if this is your choice, you will be able to enjoy this rewarding career, which can provide rewards in terms of salary and other benefits. Some of the reasons to choose a career as an LPN can include:
1. Job security-With today’s tough economy, many people are looking for a job that is stable and has benefits.
2. The opportunity for advancement-LPNs tend to make excellent candidates for higher-level nursing positions and advancing to becoming an RN has become incredibly popular.
3. The opportunity to make a difference-The LPN can make a positive impact on the lives of others.
4. Good earning potential-Average salary of $33,000 and $47,000 per year in 2011 according to www.bls.gov.
5. Developing practical skills-Skills such as first aid, interpersonal skills, and care giving can be developed.
If you are interested in a fast path, this is a good choice. The training typically takes about a year and is usually held in a vocational or technical school. Ask yourself do you have what it takes to be a successful nurse. You should be a person that is responsible, genuinely interested in helping patients, and compassionate. Being an LPN also requires a strong stomach and emotional stability.
Choosing a school is very important. You will need to comply with certain admission requirements. In the state of Kansas, the average LPN salary is $36,530 a year, with approximately 7,130 employed in the state.
In Kansas, an LPN degree only requires one year, including hands-on practice. The LPN is also required to maintain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of their courses. An LPN is required to renew their license every 2 years. They must also maintain 30 continuing education every 2 years. The education must be approved by the state board.
The outlook for LPN jobs in Kansas is very positive. The nursing shortage is steadily increasing. With the increasing demand for nurses, it helps to create an extremely strong job future for the LPN’s. Kansas provides opportunities for LPNs in hospitals, doctor offices, long term care facilities, and home health companies.
There are a number of schools available in the state which offer LPN training. The internet is a good resource for this information and can provide you with a list of qualifications and prerequisites. If you are interested in becoming an LPN, be certain to check out all the schools in your area prior to making this important decision.
The LPN is offered flexible schedules, higher pay, incentives, and educational benefits. The opportunity to advance to become a registered nurse is now becoming easier. The LPN should look toward home health care agencies and the long term care facilities as perhaps the fastest growing potential employers. A career as an LPN in the state of Kansas can help with opportunity and security.
LPN Training Classes in Kansas
- Our Healthcare programs prepare graduates for a booming Healthcare industry allowing them to apply their classroom knowledge in our simulation labs during educational scenarios and training exercises.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program (RN to BSN) expands knowledge in areas of research, theory, leadership, community concepts, healthcare policy and current trends in healthcare.
- The RN to BSN program is specifically designed for students to increase their understanding of advanced nursing roles. A Registered Nurse (RN) License is required prior to admitance to this program.
- The Master of Science in Nursing Education (MSN) is uniquely focused on nursing education. This program fosters independent learning and cultivates an in-depth understanding.
- Students learn to implement nursing course curriculum using evidence-based practice throughout the duration of the MSN program while engaging in scholarly work, research and teaching practicum.
- At Hallmark University, we designed our simulation labs and facilities to look and feel just like a hospital and modern healthcare environments.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
List of Approved KS Practical Nursing Schools
245 NE 30th Rd.
Great Bend, KS 67530
2106 S. 9th Street
Salina, KS 67401
9705 Lenexa Dr.
Lenexa, KS 66215
901 S. Haverhill Rd.
El Dorado, KS 67042
Coffeyville, KS 67337
1255 S. Range
Colby, KS 67701
608 N 18th St
Kansas City, KS 66102
3301 W. 18th Ave.
Emporia, KS 66801
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
1501 West Riley Street
Atchison, KS 66002
925 N. Walnut
McPherson, KS 67460
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210
(913) 469-8500, ext.2383
7250 State Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66112
200 S. 14th
Parsons, KS 67357
3136 Dickens Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66503
800 W. 14th
Chanute, KS 66720
(800) 729-6222, ext.255
P.O. Box 507
Beloit, KS 67420
2205 Wheatland Avenue
Hays, KS 67601
348 NE SR 61
Pratt, KS 67124
P.O. Box 1137
Liberal, KS 67905
5724 SW Huntoon
Topeka, KS 66604
4501 E 47th St South
Wichita, KS 67210