Training Programs to Become an LPN in Kansas
With the uncertainty in today’s economy, it is important to pursue a career with a potential steady job growth. If you are interested in a career where you can help people and work directly with patients, then you should consider becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
The demand for LPNs is expected to grow as much as 22% by the year 2020. Kansas has an increasing number of opportunities in the nursing field for LPN’s. The LPN’s actually make up approximately 21% of the nurses in the state at this time.
With an increase in the market, if this is your choice, you will be able to enjoy this rewarding career, which can provide rewards in terms of salary and other benefits. Some of the reasons to choose a career as an LPN can include:
1. Job security-With today’s tough economy, many people are looking for a job that is stable and has benefits.
2. The opportunity for advancement-LPNs tend to make excellent candidates for higher-level nursing positions and advancing to becoming an RN has become incredibly popular.
3. The opportunity to make a difference-The LPN can make a positive impact on the lives of others.
4. Good earning potential-Average salary of $33,000 and $47,000 per year in 2011 according to www.bls.gov.
5. Developing practical skills-Skills such as first aid, interpersonal skills, and care giving can be developed.
If you are interested in a fast path, this is a good choice. The training typically takes about a year and is usually held in a vocational or technical school. Ask yourself do you have what it takes to be a successful nurse. You should be a person that is responsible, genuinely interested in helping patients, and compassionate. Being an LPN also requires a strong stomach and emotional stability.
Choosing a school is very important. You will need to comply with certain admission requirements. In the state of Kansas, the average LPN salary is $36,530 a year, with approximately 7,130 employed in the state.
In Kansas, an LPN degree only requires one year, including hands-on practice. The LPN is also required to maintain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of their courses. An LPN is required to renew their license every 2 years. They must also maintain 30 continuing education every 2 years. The education must be approved by the state board.
The outlook for LPN jobs in Kansas is very positive. The nursing shortage is steadily increasing. With the increasing demand for nurses, it helps to create an extremely strong job future for the LPN’s. Kansas provides opportunities for LPNs in hospitals, doctor offices, long term care facilities, and home health companies.
There are a number of schools available in the state which offer LPN training. The internet is a good resource for this information and can provide you with a list of qualifications and prerequisites. If you are interested in becoming an LPN, be certain to check out all the schools in your area prior to making this important decision.
The LPN is offered flexible schedules, higher pay, incentives, and educational benefits. The opportunity to advance to become a registered nurse is now becoming easier. The LPN should look toward home health care agencies and the long term care facilities as perhaps the fastest growing potential employers. A career as an LPN in the state of Kansas can help with opportunity and security.
LPN Training Classes in Kansas
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- And more...
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - BSN Track - Nurse Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - RN Track - Nurse Informatics
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
List of Approved KS Practical Nursing Schools
245 NE 30th Rd.
Great Bend, KS 67530
2106 S. 9th Street
Salina, KS 67401
9705 Lenexa Dr.
Lenexa, KS 66215
901 S. Haverhill Rd.
El Dorado, KS 67042
Coffeyville, KS 67337
1255 S. Range
Colby, KS 67701
608 N 18th St
Kansas City, KS 66102
3301 W. 18th Ave.
Emporia, KS 66801
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
1501 West Riley Street
Atchison, KS 66002
925 N. Walnut
McPherson, KS 67460
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210
(913) 469-8500, ext.2383
7250 State Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66112
200 S. 14th
Parsons, KS 67357
3136 Dickens Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66503
800 W. 14th
Chanute, KS 66720
(800) 729-6222, ext.255
P.O. Box 507
Beloit, KS 67420
2205 Wheatland Avenue
Hays, KS 67601
348 NE SR 61
Pratt, KS 67124
P.O. Box 1137
Liberal, KS 67905
5724 SW Huntoon
Topeka, KS 66604
4501 E 47th St South
Wichita, KS 67210