Training Programs to Become an LPN in Kansas
With the uncertainty in today’s economy, it is important to pursue a career with a potential steady job growth. If you are interested in a career where you can help people and work directly with patients, then you should consider becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
The demand for LPNs is expected to grow as much as 22% by the year 2020. Kansas has an increasing number of opportunities in the nursing field for LPN’s. The LPN’s actually make up approximately 21% of the nurses in the state at this time.
With an increase in the market, if this is your choice, you will be able to enjoy this rewarding career, which can provide rewards in terms of salary and other benefits. Some of the reasons to choose a career as an LPN can include:
1. Job security-With today’s tough economy, many people are looking for a job that is stable and has benefits.
2. The opportunity for advancement-LPNs tend to make excellent candidates for higher-level nursing positions and advancing to becoming an RN has become incredibly popular.
3. The opportunity to make a difference-The LPN can make a positive impact on the lives of others.
4. Good earning potential-Average salary of $33,000 and $47,000 per year in 2011 according to www.bls.gov.
5. Developing practical skills-Skills such as first aid, interpersonal skills, and care giving can be developed.
If you are interested in a fast path, this is a good choice. The training typically takes about a year and is usually held in a vocational or technical school. Ask yourself do you have what it takes to be a successful nurse. You should be a person that is responsible, genuinely interested in helping patients, and compassionate. Being an LPN also requires a strong stomach and emotional stability.
Choosing a school is very important. You will need to comply with certain admission requirements. In the state of Kansas, the average LPN salary is $36,530 a year, with approximately 7,130 employed in the state.
In Kansas, an LPN degree only requires one year, including hands-on practice. The LPN is also required to maintain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of their courses. An LPN is required to renew their license every 2 years. They must also maintain 30 continuing education every 2 years. The education must be approved by the state board.
The outlook for LPN jobs in Kansas is very positive. The nursing shortage is steadily increasing. With the increasing demand for nurses, it helps to create an extremely strong job future for the LPN’s. Kansas provides opportunities for LPNs in hospitals, doctor offices, long term care facilities, and home health companies.
There are a number of schools available in the state which offer LPN training. The internet is a good resource for this information and can provide you with a list of qualifications and prerequisites. If you are interested in becoming an LPN, be certain to check out all the schools in your area prior to making this important decision.
The LPN is offered flexible schedules, higher pay, incentives, and educational benefits. The opportunity to advance to become a registered nurse is now becoming easier. The LPN should look toward home health care agencies and the long term care facilities as perhaps the fastest growing potential employers. A career as an LPN in the state of Kansas can help with opportunity and security.
LPN Training Classes in Kansas
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- It's never too late for a fresh start. With programs ranging from business administration to HVAC technology, there's an opportunity for you at Bryan University to transform your skills into a career.
- At Bryan University, you'll have access to career services including practice interviews, resume prep, job referrals, and career development classes that can help you along your path to success.
- Here at BU, we supply you with the tools to succeed including access to one of largest online content repositories in the world, so you can use research to gain industry insight.
- With a degree from Bryan University, you'll receive personalized instruction from experienced faculty, course scheduling that fits your life, and career and academic resources to help you succeed.
- Campus locations include Columbia, Rogers, Springfield and Topeka as well as online. Experience the flexibility and hands-on training Bryan University offers and take a step toward your career today!
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Medical Assisting Diploma
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
List of Approved KS Practical Nursing Schools
245 NE 30th Rd.
Great Bend, KS 67530
2106 S. 9th Street
Salina, KS 67401
9705 Lenexa Dr.
Lenexa, KS 66215
901 S. Haverhill Rd.
El Dorado, KS 67042
Coffeyville, KS 67337
1255 S. Range
Colby, KS 67701
608 N 18th St
Kansas City, KS 66102
3301 W. 18th Ave.
Emporia, KS 66801
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
1501 West Riley Street
Atchison, KS 66002
925 N. Walnut
McPherson, KS 67460
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210
(913) 469-8500, ext.2383
7250 State Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66112
200 S. 14th
Parsons, KS 67357
3136 Dickens Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66503
800 W. 14th
Chanute, KS 66720
(800) 729-6222, ext.255
P.O. Box 507
Beloit, KS 67420
2205 Wheatland Avenue
Hays, KS 67601
348 NE SR 61
Pratt, KS 67124
P.O. Box 1137
Liberal, KS 67905
5724 SW Huntoon
Topeka, KS 66604
4501 E 47th St South
Wichita, KS 67210