Training Programs to Become an LPN in Kansas
With the uncertainty in today’s economy, it is important to pursue a career with a potential steady job growth. If you are interested in a career where you can help people and work directly with patients, then you should consider becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
The demand for LPNs is expected to grow as much as 22% by the year 2020. Kansas has an increasing number of opportunities in the nursing field for LPN’s. The LPN’s actually make up approximately 21% of the nurses in the state at this time.
With an increase in the market, if this is your choice, you will be able to enjoy this rewarding career, which can provide rewards in terms of salary and other benefits. Some of the reasons to choose a career as an LPN can include:
1. Job security-With today’s tough economy, many people are looking for a job that is stable and has benefits.
2. The opportunity for advancement-LPNs tend to make excellent candidates for higher-level nursing positions and advancing to becoming an RN has become incredibly popular.
3. The opportunity to make a difference-The LPN can make a positive impact on the lives of others.
4. Good earning potential-Average salary of $33,000 and $47,000 per year in 2011 according to www.bls.gov.
5. Developing practical skills-Skills such as first aid, interpersonal skills, and care giving can be developed.
If you are interested in a fast path, this is a good choice. The training typically takes about a year and is usually held in a vocational or technical school. Ask yourself do you have what it takes to be a successful nurse. You should be a person that is responsible, genuinely interested in helping patients, and compassionate. Being an LPN also requires a strong stomach and emotional stability.
Choosing a school is very important. You will need to comply with certain admission requirements. In the state of Kansas, the average LPN salary is $36,530 a year, with approximately 7,130 employed in the state.
In Kansas, an LPN degree only requires one year, including hands-on practice. The LPN is also required to maintain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam upon completion of their courses. An LPN is required to renew their license every 2 years. They must also maintain 30 continuing education every 2 years. The education must be approved by the state board.
The outlook for LPN jobs in Kansas is very positive. The nursing shortage is steadily increasing. With the increasing demand for nurses, it helps to create an extremely strong job future for the LPN’s. Kansas provides opportunities for LPNs in hospitals, doctor offices, long term care facilities, and home health companies.
There are a number of schools available in the state which offer LPN training. The internet is a good resource for this information and can provide you with a list of qualifications and prerequisites. If you are interested in becoming an LPN, be certain to check out all the schools in your area prior to making this important decision.
The LPN is offered flexible schedules, higher pay, incentives, and educational benefits. The opportunity to advance to become a registered nurse is now becoming easier. The LPN should look toward home health care agencies and the long term care facilities as perhaps the fastest growing potential employers. A career as an LPN in the state of Kansas can help with opportunity and security.
LPN Training Classes in Kansas
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
List of Approved KS Practical Nursing Schools
245 NE 30th Rd.
Great Bend, KS 67530
2106 S. 9th Street
Salina, KS 67401
9705 Lenexa Dr.
Lenexa, KS 66215
901 S. Haverhill Rd.
El Dorado, KS 67042
Coffeyville, KS 67337
1255 S. Range
Colby, KS 67701
608 N 18th St
Kansas City, KS 66102
3301 W. 18th Ave.
Emporia, KS 66801
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
1501 West Riley Street
Atchison, KS 66002
925 N. Walnut
McPherson, KS 67460
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210
(913) 469-8500, ext.2383
7250 State Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66112
200 S. 14th
Parsons, KS 67357
3136 Dickens Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66503
800 W. 14th
Chanute, KS 66720
(800) 729-6222, ext.255
P.O. Box 507
Beloit, KS 67420
2205 Wheatland Avenue
Hays, KS 67601
348 NE SR 61
Pratt, KS 67124
P.O. Box 1137
Liberal, KS 67905
5724 SW Huntoon
Topeka, KS 66604
4501 E 47th St South
Wichita, KS 67210