Training Programs to Become an LPN in Mississippi
Attempting to choose an occupation that is stable and pays well is not always an easy task in the world of today. There are factors that do effect the different areas in the country when it comes to employment of nurses, but the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a definite part of the medical team in healthcare facilities all over the country.
The LPN works under the direction of the registered nurses and the doctors. It would be difficult for medical facilities, long term care facilities or home health care companies to run smoothly without the LPNs.
The duties of an LPN can include:
1. Personal Hygiene
2. Vital Statistics
3. Keeping records
4. Emotional Support
5. LPNs can often work as scrub nurses in the operating rooms.
6. LPNs can work in obstetrics assisting to deliver babies or in doctor’s offices.
The salary ranges of the LPN can vary greatly according to their work experience, the type of facility they are working in, and the state in which they practice. The inexperienced LPN can expect a pay range from $27,000 to $40,000 per year. After five to nine years of experience, this salary can be expected to increase to about $31,000 to $45,000 per year.
Opportunities for LPNs in Mississippi are growing. LPNs make up about 27% of the nurses working in the medical field. Mississippi has an LPN comfort score of 84. This takes into consideration the cost of living, the average state salary, and the average LPN salary. The LPN in Mississippi earns an average of $34,500 yearly. According to the area of the state the nurse practices in, they might make higher.
The practical nursing program is the fastest way to become a nurse in Mississippi. This program requires one year of courses which also includes hands-on practice. The LPN is required to obtain a CPR card and to pass the NCLEX-PN exam after they have completed the year of courses. The LPN in Mississippi is required to renew their license every two years. If the LPN has practiced in the past five years, they do not have to have continued education hours to renew their license.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required for entry into an LPN school. These schools are typically in the vocational, technical, community colleges or junior colleges. Some LPN’s choose to become registered nurses by going through the numerous LPN-to-RN programs that are available.
The nursing shortage in the United States is not getting any better and apparently with all the new health care laws, is only increasing. Because of this shortage, there is more and more demand for both LPNs and RNs. Other facts that can effect this increase is that people are simply living longer and the health procedures are getting better.
The overall future for the nurses in Mississippi if looking extremely bright. If you are looking for that opportunity that can provide you with advancements and security, you might want to consider becoming an LPN.
LPN Training Classes in Mississippi
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - BSN Track - Nurse Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - RN Track - Nurse Informatics
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
Approved Mississippi LPN Training Programs
3240 Friars Point Road
Clarksdale, MS 38614
Phone: (662) 627-2574
30 Campus Dr
Natchez, MS 39120
Phone: (601) 442-9111
P O Box 649
Wesson, MS 39191
Phone: (601) 643-5101
151 Co-Lin Drive
Mendenhall, MS 39114
P O Box 129
Decatur, MS 39327-0129
Phone: (601) 635-3237
P O Box 100
Mayhew, MS 39753
Phone: (662) 243-1900
P O Box 158
Scooba, MS 39358-0158
Phone: (662) 476-8442
1750 Chadwick Dr
Jackson, MS 39204
Phone: (601) 372-6507
755 Hwy 27 South
Vicksburg, MS 39180
Phone: (601) 638-0600
1060 Avent St
Grenada, MS 38901
Phone: (662) 226-0830
412 W Ridgeland Ave
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Phone: (601) 856-5400
2176 S Eason Blvd
Tupelo, MS 38801
Phone: (662) 620-5000
900 S Court St
Ellisville, MS 39437
Phone: (601) 477-4000
910 Hwy 19 North
Meridian, MS 39307
Phone: (601) 483-8241
P.O. Box 668
Moorhead, MS 39761
Phone: (662) 246-6322
P.O. Box 77
Lucedale, MS 39452
Phone: (601) 947-4201
P.O. Box 100
Gautier, MS 39553
Phone: (228) 497-9602
2226 Switzer Rd
Gulfport, MS 39507
Phone: (228) 896-3355
101 Cunningham Blvd
Booneville, MS 38829
Phone: (662) 728-7751
Rt 2 Box 42aa
Ashland, MS 38603
Phone: (662) 224-3108
1310 Belk St
Oxford, MS 38655
Phone: (662) 236-2023
4975 Hwy 51 N., Box 7045
Senatobia, MS 38668-1491
Phone: (662) 562-3200
5197 W. E. Ross Pkwy
Southaven, MS 38671
Phone: (662) 342-1570
101 Hwy 11 North
Poplarville, MS 39470
Phone: (601) 795-6801
5448 Us Hwy 49 S
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
Phone: (601) 544-7722
College Dr – Voc Tech Bldg
Summit, MS 39666
Phone: (601) 276-2000
4795 I-55 North
Jackson, MS 39126
Phone: (601) 977-0960