How to Become an LPN in Wisconsin
Becoming an LPN in Wisconsin is a long-term project that will require a lot of your time and effort. The standards in Wisconsin are fairly strict and the scope of what an LPN may do unsupervised is limited. There are many educational options available to people who want to pursue a career in nursing in Wisconsin, but a state-certified one year course at an accredited school is the fastest way.
While it can be difficult to get find information about this when you’re just getting started, the process becomes much simpler when you have access to the right information. In Wisconsin, there are a number of restrictions placed upon Licensed Practical Nurses in regard to what they can and cannot do with patients. There are many similarities between a LPNs responsibilities in Wisconsin and elsewhere.
LPNs are allowed to administer certain types of medications and even run IV treatments with patients under certain circumstances. The state of Wisconsin has developed a set of guidelines that clearly defines specific circumstances where IV treatments and other medications can be administered by a LPN. Only a LPN with special training from an RN and corresponding class training can administer these medications. Also, the RN who supervises the LPN must be present in the facility for the Licensed Practical Nurse to perform these actions.
In general, a LPN in Wisconsin will spend more time helping patients with non-emergent care and with data logging. Data logging consists of doing rounds to check on patients, checking vitals, asking if they need anything and marking it all down in the patient’s board. Non-emergent care can be many different things, but it most commonly revolves around keeping a patient’s room in good repair and taking care of his or her hygiene requirements.
Wisconsin LPN Job OutlookLPN Education Requirements in Wisconsin
LPN programs in Wisconsin run for about a year and contain both a practical and classroom-based component. The classroom component will focus on things like basic anatomy, ethics, legal issues and other concerns that are of importance to LPNs. The practical class time will focus around the actual job responsibilities of LPNs in Wisconsin. This is where you’ll learn the ins and outs of what you’re responsible for as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Wisconsin. This practical experience will put you in a much better position to effectively execute your duties as an LPN.
Licensed Practical Nurses in Wisconsin are required to renew their licensing on odd-numbered years. There is no continuing education requirement for LPNs in the state of Wisconsin. The renewal fee is $85 to stay licensed in the state. The licensing test covers a wide range of issues and it is most often administered at the end of your education program. All licensing is carried out by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing. In addition to licensing, the board is also in charge of handling disciplinary actions for nurses under its jurisdiction.
LPN Schools in Wisconsin
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
The path to a brighter future isn’t always clear. We face roadblocks and detours. Sometimes, we make a wrong turn and get lost. No matter where you are in your journey, Baker College can help you move forward to a rewarding career.
At Baker College, we know the importance of a quality education. We are regionally accredited with award-winning faculty. We will be there every step of the way so you can get where you’re going.
- Nursing (Post-licensure)
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!