How to Become an LPN in Wyoming
The role of LPN in a state like Wyoming is that of a medical field facilitator of modern patient transport and evolving care. The entire state of Wyoming along with reciprocal areas in Montana, Nebraska, Idaho and the Dakotas are largely rural and far removed from large hospital centers. This is why Wyoming LPNs must be as well, if not more, highly specialized and trained than their urban counterparts.
The vast majority of intensive care and trauma patients in Wyoming are airlifted to hospitals in surrounding territories. Not only are Wyoming LPNs required to execute the best bedside techniques, but they must also be prepared for field work and situations where patient transport is critical. In comparison with other parts of the United States, Wyoming lacks in qualified and professional LPNs. Because of scarcity, there is tremendous opportunity for skilled nurses and nursing occupational experts to find exciting and lucrative positions throughout the state.
Wyoming LPNs supervise nursing personnel in operations from clinical administration to a strict adherence of budget protocols. Like the electricity which powers intensive care monitoring devices, LPNs are the life force behind every fully-operational medical facility in Wyoming. The need for LPNs in Wyoming’s hospital circuit is growing, so employment opportunities are as well.
The natural resource industries are growing at an exponential rate in this state. The oil and mineral fields are attracting masses of new workers and their families. A largely untrained worker population is prone to medical on-the-job emergencies. Their families also require care. The pace of patient need is far exceeding the capital growth of Wyoming’s hospitals. This is where LPNs are most needed. The skills LPNs possess help to successfully manage overloaded hospitals and busy emergency rooms.
The average wage for LPNs in Wyoming as of late 2013 is just over $43,000 per year. This far exceeds the state’s average single wage-earner income. Specialty medical salaries have coincided with the boom in population increases due to growing resource sector expansion. As hospitals in Wyoming try to meet the demand for quality health care, LPNs and other nursing staff professionals are seeing a steady increase in wages and promotional assignment opportunities. It is not just salaries which increase, but LPN job responsibility as well.
In many cases, non-resident LPNs will be hired in Wyoming because of their ability to fill an immediate administrative need. New nursing professionals wanting to be competitive in a place like Wyoming and much of the rural Mountain West, should receive training in standard LPN courses, as well as, practicum involving flight, trauma and field training.
All LPNs in Wyoming are required to obtain a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN. Bachelors Degrees in nursing are always considered first in most of the state’s medical facilities and municipal clinics. All LPNs must renew their licenses each year with CECs, or approved practice hours. Wyoming health facilities accept qualified LPN applicants who have trained through national programs like the University of Phoenix, Kaplan and Brown/Mackie, along with annual programs offered through public and private state training institutions, universities and community colleges.
LPN Schools in Wyoming
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (RN to MSN)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- And more...
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - BSN Track - Nurse Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - RN Track - Nurse Informatics
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management