How to Become an LPN in Washington
Metropolitan areas in Eastern, Western and Central Washington are experiencing incredible growth rates. The need for highly-trained, passionate and career-driven LPN staff is evident in cities and smaller towns throughout Washington State. Though Washington is a progressive state with its eyes set on medical innovation, knowledgeable and disciplined nursing staff members are still in high demand.
From emerging cities like Moses Lake and Everett, to metro areas like Spokane, Seattle and Olympia, LPN professionals can take advantage of some of the most highly-compensated positions in the United States. The Pacific Northwest has become a popular locale for many residential demographics. These new residents require skilled medical attention that is generally directed toward highly-trained nursing staff.
Washington LPN Duties and Obligations
Licensed Practical Nurses in Washington State always work under the strict supervision of fully-licensed nurses or supervisory medical doctors. Duties of LPNs in Washington include hospital duties like recording vital sign data and collecting test samples. Specialized and private LPN duties will often require professionals to assist with normal patient daily activities like exercise, bathing, nutrition and working with pharmaceutical regimens. LPNs engaged in these duties must have work experience and a practical knowledge of the various types of patient care that is common in medical facilities.
Washington State’s Department of Health Nursing oversees and designs post-grad training for all LPN positions. This is a rigorous program that is comprehensive in its scope, and rewarding for those professionals who complete all the required scholastic and practical fields. The Washington State Department of Health Nursing division has designated certain training programs at facilities across the state to administer qualifying nursing programs for study. Qualifying programs are found at large universities and smaller trade schools throughout Washington. Upon completion of a Washington State LPN program, official licensing and recognition of achievement will be bestowed on each LPN graduate.
Special Washington State LPN Training
A unique qualification of LPN staff in Washington State is the requirement for at least seven hours of course study and practicum specifically oriented toward AIDS monitoring, support, education and treatment. All LPNs in Washington State must be prepared to enter a medical environment where human immunodeficiency is a prevailing concern. Continued education requirements on this subject are required yearly to maintain a state-recognized LPN certification. All Washington LPN staff must be prepared to enroll and complete two hours of post-graduate level coursework in AIDS education per year.
Final certification in Washington State for LPNs is similar to other states with special concentrations. All LPNs must pass the standardized NCLEX exam and a TOEFL if they are transferring to an LPN position from another state or foreign country. Washington State is actively recruiting foreign-educated LPNs because of their ability to speak non-English languages and recognize various forms of non-standard medical treatment. Anyone wanting to secure a position in the State of Washington as an LPN must be able to provide transcripts from previously-attended educational centers and demonstrate a working knowledge of universal medical communication and coding.
The current need for LPNs in Washington state is extremely high. There are about 750,000 nursing positions available state-wide. The median salary is about $40,380 per year. LPN jobs in Washington through the year 2020 are projected to grow at a rate of 22% with many positions remaining open to LPNs receiving training and promotional details as RNs with substantial salary increases.
The demand for excellent nursing staff in Washington State is extraordinary, and the employment opportunities for nursing professionals exceeds national averages. A career as an LPN in Washington State is a safe and potentially lucrative choice of occupation!
LPN Schools in Washington
- Our Healthcare programs prepare graduates for a booming Healthcare industry allowing them to apply their classroom knowledge in our simulation labs during educational scenarios and training exercises.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program (RN to BSN) expands knowledge in areas of research, theory, leadership, community concepts, healthcare policy and current trends in healthcare.
- The RN to BSN program is specifically designed for students to increase their understanding of advanced nursing roles. A Registered Nurse (RN) License is required prior to admitance to this program.
- The Master of Science in Nursing Education (MSN) is uniquely focused on nursing education. This program fosters independent learning and cultivates an in-depth understanding.
- Students learn to implement nursing course curriculum using evidence-based practice throughout the duration of the MSN program while engaging in scholarly work, research and teaching practicum.
- At Hallmark University, we designed our simulation labs and facilities to look and feel just like a hospital and modern healthcare environments.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!