Finding RN Education and Degree Programs
Our website is designed to help current and prospective nursing students find the education programs they are seeking. We have compiled a hand-picked list of Registered Nurse (RN) education programs in each state for our visitors to browse.
On NursingTrack.com users can utilize our school search box or dedicated pages for each U.S. state to find all of the available program offerings. Our hand sorted collection of nursing education programs lists contact information for each school and only lists programs that are approved by the state or proper regulatory agency.
Everyone is looking for a career path that will be rewarding, have ample job openings and that pays handsomely. Many students are quickly realizing that Registered Nursing is an extremely promising career option. For young people looking to join the workforce quickly, without incurring an extraordinary amount of student loan debt, becoming an RN can be a very attractive option. The RN position has very few barriers to entry, making it highly accessible for interested students. Education programs are readily available in every state, most major cities and even online for those that prefer distance learning or live in rural areas. Many nurses enjoy long careers and earn progressively higher wages over time. Our website is designed to help prospective students learn more about nursing careers and find education and training programs to become an RN.
Different Ways to Become an RN
There are three different education pathways to become eligible to challenge the NCLEX-RN exam and become a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) and work as a nurse in your state.
The first is through a hospital based diploma program, where training is provided on-site in a very hands-on learning environment. One or more nurses or nurse educators will basically train the individual while working as an RN in an actual hospital. These types of training programs typically take about 1 – 1 ½ years to complete and at the end the individual is awarded a diploma which qualifies them to become a Registered Nurse. These programs use to be very popular but have since died out due to many employers preferring to hire nurses with either an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree. These programs can also be difficult to administer given the crowded and busy environment in most hospitals.
The second pathway is through an Associate’s degree in Nursing program. The Associate’s degree can be obtained through many different community colleges, and class schedules are usually very flexible. This degree can be completed in one year if the student is taking classes full-time, or longer if their status is part-time. This fully prepares the student to work and perform the duties required of a Registered Nurse, plus gives them some background education in science. The Associate’s degree can later be built upon through an RN to BSN degree completion program if the nurse decides they later want to pursue a BSN degree or have greater employment or education options.
The third and most advantageous pathway is by earning a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. This not only prepares the individual to become an RN, but also awards them a four-year degree which can be leveraged both within the nursing profession and in other fields. For example, an individual with a Bachelor’s degree can apply for many different types of jobs outside of nursing that others might not qualify for. Since the coursework involved in completing a Bachelor’s degree is more varied and extensive, these individuals will be very well prepared for a nursing career. They will carry a wealth of knowledge in many science subjects such as Chemistry, Biology and Anatomy. Many healthcare employers strongly prefer to hire nurses who hold a BSN degree, and for some employers having a BSN degree is a requirement. Employers also pay higher wages to nurses who have a higher level of formal education. The BSN designation also qualifies the RN to serve in a greater variety of positions within nursing, such as becoming a nurse educator, nurse manager or specializing in one particular field of nursing such as pediatrics. Nurses with their BSN degree seeking even greater employment opportunities or incomes well over $100k/year can pursue additional education to become a nurse practitioner, nurse anesthetist, or professor of nursing.
Schools That Offer Registered Nurse Training Programs
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- And more...