Finding RN Education and Degree Programs
Our website is designed to help current and prospective nursing students find the education programs they are seeking. We have compiled a hand-picked list of Registered Nurse (RN) education programs in each state for our visitors to browse.
On NursingTrack.com users can utilize our school search box or dedicated pages for each U.S. state to find all of the available program offerings. Our hand sorted collection of nursing education programs lists contact information for each school and only lists programs that are approved by the state or proper regulatory agency.
Everyone is looking for a career path that will be rewarding, have ample job openings and that pays handsomely. Many students are quickly realizing that Registered Nursing is an extremely promising career option. For young people looking to join the workforce quickly, without incurring an extraordinary amount of student loan debt, becoming an RN can be a very attractive option. The RN position has very few barriers to entry, making it highly accessible for interested students. Education programs are readily available in every state, most major cities and even online for those that prefer distance learning or live in rural areas. Many nurses enjoy long careers and earn progressively higher wages over time. Our website is designed to help prospective students learn more about nursing careers and find education and training programs to become an RN.
Different Ways to Become an RN
There are three different education pathways to become eligible to challenge the NCLEX-RN exam and become a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) and work as a nurse in your state.
The first is through a hospital based diploma program, where training is provided on-site in a very hands-on learning environment. One or more nurses or nurse educators will basically train the individual while working as an RN in an actual hospital. These types of training programs typically take about 1 – 1 ½ years to complete and at the end the individual is awarded a diploma which qualifies them to become a Registered Nurse. These programs use to be very popular but have since died out due to many employers preferring to hire nurses with either an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree. These programs can also be difficult to administer given the crowded and busy environment in most hospitals.
The second pathway is through an Associate’s degree in Nursing program. The Associate’s degree can be obtained through many different community colleges, and class schedules are usually very flexible. This degree can be completed in one year if the student is taking classes full-time, or longer if their status is part-time. This fully prepares the student to work and perform the duties required of a Registered Nurse, plus gives them some background education in science. The Associate’s degree can later be built upon through an RN to BSN degree completion program if the nurse decides they later want to pursue a BSN degree or have greater employment or education options.
The third and most advantageous pathway is by earning a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. This not only prepares the individual to become an RN, but also awards them a four-year degree which can be leveraged both within the nursing profession and in other fields. For example, an individual with a Bachelor’s degree can apply for many different types of jobs outside of nursing that others might not qualify for. Since the coursework involved in completing a Bachelor’s degree is more varied and extensive, these individuals will be very well prepared for a nursing career. They will carry a wealth of knowledge in many science subjects such as Chemistry, Biology and Anatomy. Many healthcare employers strongly prefer to hire nurses who hold a BSN degree, and for some employers having a BSN degree is a requirement. Employers also pay higher wages to nurses who have a higher level of formal education. The BSN designation also qualifies the RN to serve in a greater variety of positions within nursing, such as becoming a nurse educator, nurse manager or specializing in one particular field of nursing such as pediatrics. Nurses with their BSN degree seeking even greater employment opportunities or incomes well over $100k/year can pursue additional education to become a nurse practitioner, nurse anesthetist, or professor of nursing.
Schools That Offer Registered Nurse Training Programs
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
The field of technology is rapidly evolving to meet the growing demands of modern society. For those seeking a future in tech, this means maintaining skills, increasingknowledge and quickly adapting to change. For today’s students, however, successwill require dedication, commitment and access to education specifically designedto meet the demands of this dynamic industry.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Veterinary Assisting